Obama and Terror...

Obama is doing some good things.
The article details several good steps. He also needs to direct the NSA to intercept calls into the US from overseas. We need to be sure we get ANY clues to cells already here.

I don't think overall Obama gets the WOT, or he wouldn't be giving KSM a show trial in NYC, or prosecute the CIA & Navy Seals. Napolitano needs to go, she doesn't get the "man caused diaster" thing.

what really can be done...are we gonna go to the extremes they do in israel? i have no problem with the body scanners....hell i been nekkid in public before and with any damn luck will be again and not just in my dreams.....but we are fighting someone who is willing to study and example the system till they find a flaw....

the biggest flaws to me...the min wage staff who cleans the planes.....o bet ya never thought of that now did ya?

We never seem to credit our security services for the huge amount of plots they do discover and stop, yet we - and our politicians - are quite comfortable blaming them when shit happens, or almost happens.

It is about time we stopped treating security as a political footbal, recognized the huge amount of work these people undertake and the great job they do. Simple fact, no matter how good they are, there is always the likelihood that another attack will happen. I don't think the 'blame game' does anyone any good.

We most definitely could use a little more public defending from our president toward our security personnel. In reference to our first poster he did put some steps he was going to take out there as far as what he intended to do.

Intelligence agencies to focus on high-priority threats and to pursue them aggressively. "We must follow the leads we get," he said.
Intelligence reports to be distributed more rapidly and more widely. "We cannot sit on information that could protect" Americans, he said.
Stronger analysis of collected information. He instructed Director of National Intelligence Dennis Blair to "immediately reaffirm and clarify" the roles and responsibilities of the 16 agencies under his oversight. He also tasked his intelligence advisory board with finding better ways to sift through and analyze the vast amount of information gathered by agencies every day.
Improve the criteria used to add people to terrorism watch lists. "We must do better in keeping dangerous people off airplanes, whole still facilitating air travel," he said[/I][/B][/I][/B].

I don't think overall Obama gets the WOT

I think he gets it a lot better than the two incompetents who were there before. They screwed up the mess with Afghanistan and Iraq, they gave in to Al Quaeda by being willing to throw out our freedoms and rights to cover their sorry little asses. When they did this, Al Quaeda won. Now little Dickless and his Daughter are trying to make enough noise to cover up the screw ups. We had the whole world on our side to combat Al Quaeda and they blew this good will.

Is letting Ossama go, "getting" this WOT? Is abadoning Afghanistan to fight in Iraq for non existent WMDs "getting" this WOT?

There is no such thing as a war on "terror." That is bullshit. We can wage a war against Al Quaeda as an entity, but it is not won by attacking countries or playing the Cheney/Bush fear card. It is won by dedicated intelligence and police work. I know this isn't a conservative view, but you also destroy them by destroying the breeding conditions for terrorist recruits.

We will never optimize our efforts today because this is a political weapon that the current RNC is using to gain political points over actual security.

Obama is just playing this thing day by day hoping he does something that somebody will find acceptable. If he was really interested in improving Homeland Security he would fire the big dumb fat girl in charge.

Forum List

Back