Obama and small town America

And it's wrong to judge people for the legal choices they make about their lifestyle. Whether it's their religion, their lifestyle, whatever.

The difference between you and I is I'm not particularly interested in motivation. I don't care why Muslim women cover themselves, particularly. I accept what they do and respect their choice to do so (in the event they are given a choice, that is). I don't look to "justify" the actions of others because I assume they are adults who are capable of making their own decisions.

Nobody needs to "justify" gun culture or Christianity, as Obama did. Why does it need justification? It's a choice, just like sexuality or anything else. We don't want people to sympathize with us. We want people to respect us as they respect any city dweller or gay rights activist.

First, I am not equating gun ownership or religion to prostitution, so don't jump on that horse.

Women choose to be prostitutes, but obviously they choose to be prostitutes for various reasons. If one wanted to know why they choose to be prostitutes, one would have to look deeper. Choices aren't made in a vacuum.

Obama was speaking to a bunch of democrats about why red states are red. Clearly, the democrats would like to see the red states turn blue. So, he was giving his opinion of why democrats don't do better in middle America. He was looking at why the 2nd Amendment and relgious issues seem to be so powerful to this region. As a democrat, it would be important to know why those issues are so important so that we can change the red states into blue states.

The only reason that I can discern for why people are suddenly referring to him as an "elite" is because he is liberal and said something they disagree with. However, that would make "elite" a rather large group and rob the term of all but its perjorative meaning. Why not just call him a "liberal," as that is really the objectionable part of him?

Read George Will's article. He makes it perfectly clear why Obama's comment can be classified as intellectually "elitist". Clue: it's the attitude inherent in the comment.

I don't recall him saying that people in the midwest don't share his "intellectual capacity." If he said that, please show me.

Where did I say that Obama said people in the Midwest don't share his "intellectual capacity"? I said the liberal elite to whom he was speaking delighted in thinking that way.

Because you're such a mind-reader with your pulse on the profressive mindset, right? :rolleyes:

Keep up with the times, Jillian. The history of the San Francisco libs is an open book, has been for quite some time. Don't have to be a mind reader to know how they think and what they believe.

Keep up with the times, Jillian. The history of the San Francisco libs is an open book, has been for quite some time. Don't have to be a mind reader to know how they think and what they believe.

I lived for a couple of years in San Francisco (up until last year), and I am a liberal. Please share with me how I think.

Keep up with the times?? From you, that's kind of funny don't you think?

And certainly you didn't color that *open book* with your own prejudices... nah.... :rolleyes:

I lived for a couple of years in San Francisco (up until last year), and I am a liberal. Please share with me how I think.

What a waste of time that would be. Most people who read your posts of this board already know how you think politically.

Keep up with the times?? From you, that's kind of funny don't you think?

I didn't say keep up with the "politically correct" times, Jillian. What would be funny would be accepting all your liberal b.s. and Dem talking points at face value.

And certainly you didn’t color that *open book* with your own prejudices…nah…

Coloring something with my own prejudices? Did you really have the audacity to write that? Isn’t that like the pot calling the kettle black?

What a waste of time that would be. Most people who read your posts of this board already know how you think politically.

I am a liberal. That should be clear from my posts, even if I hadn't just noted that in the previous post. I want to know what you attribute to me other than being a liberal. Obviously, there must have been some special (I assume negative) attribute that attaches to having lived in San Francisco. Please enlighten me. I want to know what it is that I think (since you know me so well).

I want to know what it is that I think (since you know me so well).

Sorry, I can't accommodate you. I have no idea who you are, don't know you personally, don't often read your posts, don't even know if you ever lived in San Francisco. My comment about San Francisco was with regard to the well-known fact that it is a hot-bed of liberals and liberal thinking. Surely you are not contesting that?

My comment about people already knowing how you think politically is in line with my belief that people on this board know how I think politically because I make that known by my posts. I don't think I ever implied that I know you "so well".

Sorry, I can't accommodate you. I have no idea who you are, don't know you personally, don't often read your posts, don't even know if you ever lived in San Francisco. My comment about San Francisco was with regard to the well-known fact that it is a hot-bed of liberals and liberal thinking. Surely you are not contesting that?

My comment about people already knowing how you think politically is in line with my belief that people on this board know how I think politically because I make that known by my posts. I don't think I ever implied that I know you "so well".

If the only intention from your post was to note that San Francisco liberals are in fact liberal, then we have no disagreements. Since you specified you were talking about "San Francisco libs," I assumed that the term San Francisco was meant to modify the noun "libs," indicating some other aspect of their political ideology than merely the traditional liberal one. However, if that was not your intent, we are solid.

If the only intention from your post was to note that San Francisco liberals are in fact liberal, then we have no disagreements. Since you specified you were talking about "San Francisco libs," I assumed that the term San Francisco was meant to modify the noun "libs," indicating some other aspect of their political ideology than merely the traditional liberal one. However, if that was not your intent, we are solid.

I suspect it's one of those extreme right-wing codes for "gay"...you know, like in "the gay agenda" that they always talk about.

Looks like some people here are wise and have a clue while others don't. Would like to read more written words from the ones that walks in the shoes of those people so many talk about as if they know. Getting it from what they hear. From the lies that Obama spews!!
It is obvious that Obama has no clue. His speech in Pennsylvania must not have been written for him, by someone that is American. What he said speaks very loud to the wise. Didn't anyone realize that the pretty words that this dog dung usually speaks was missing?
Any street wise person would tell you that $h!t face sounds like a pimp or con. Can't anyone read people? Seams that to many are to young to hear what Obama is saying, they only hear what they so desperately want to hear.
What they think he is saying. Instead of hearing the way he isn't really saying it. Ever think why he speaks the way he does? Why doesn't anyone question him?

Obama Cannot Denounce And Reject Farrakhan!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWQ3zSZg24&feature=related[/ame]
Obama stumbles in MSNBC Debate on Israel and Islam
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZJePN40fw&feature=related[/ame]

Looks like some people here are wise and have a clue while others don't. Would like to read more written words from the ones that walks in the shoes of those people so many talk about as if they know. Getting it from what they hear. From the lies that Obama spews!!
It is obvious that Obama has no clue. His speech in Pennsylvania must not have been written for him, by someone that is American. What he said speaks very loud to the wise. Didn't anyone realize that the pretty words that this dog dung usually speaks was missing?
Any street wise person would tell you that $h!t face sounds like a pimp or con. Can't anyone read people? Seams that to many are to young to hear what Obama is saying, they only hear what they so desperately want to hear.
What they think he is saying. Instead of hearing the way he isn't really saying it. Ever think why he speaks the way he does? Why doesn't anyone question him?

Obama Cannot Denounce And Reject Farrakhan!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnWQ3zSZg24&feature=related
Obama stumbles in MSNBC Debate on Israel and Islam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnZJePN40fw&feature=related

Here is another Farrakhan video

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Prhnc2fxAzg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Prhnc2fxAzg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Here is another Farrakhan video

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Prhnc2fxAzg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Prhnc2fxAzg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prhnc2fxAzg&feature=related[/ame]

here it is....

Forum List

Back