Obama and McCain on CNN right now....

I thought Reagan was older.
And I wasn't aware that McCain had any medical issues?

Reagan was 69 when he was elected.

McCain has had a slew of medical issues over the years plus all that time in a POW camp wasn't kind to his body ...

The only thing I can find on him was that he had injuries from crashing in Viet Nam which weren't treated, and which resulted, due to limited range of motion, in his being declared 100 percent disabled because he is unable to lift his arms above shoulder level. I don't think that sounds life threatening or even debilitating for someone who is not going to be throwing diskus....

FDR was confined to a wheelchair. JFK had horrible back issues. Reagan was 69 when he was FIRST elected...which means he was 73 the second time around.

The only thing I can find on him was that he had injuries from crashing in Viet Nam which weren't treated, and which resulted, due to limited range of motion, in his being declared 100 percent disabled because he is unable to lift his arms above shoulder level. I don't think that sounds life threatening or even debilitating for someone who is not going to be throwing diskus....

FDR was confined to a wheelchair. JFK had horrible back issues. Reagan was 69 when he was FIRST elected...which means he was 73 the second time around.

Don't forget about McCain's skin cancer ...

Citing Reagan, JFK, and FDR isn't exactly a great way to approach your side of the debate I think ...

Yes, Reagan was 69 when he was first elected ... which is why I used the term "ascended to power" in my first post ... whether or not Reagan had it together in his second term is disputed ...

FDR died in office ... JFK was constantly high off medication due to his health issues ...

Forum List

Back