Obama and Holder fight for Gay marriage

Don't worry. You will not be forced to go to gay weddings or even bring a gift.

I live in the Communistwealth of Taxachusetts. This abomination has been legal here for several years now. It's among the reasons that I'm working to get the hell out of this shithole. I've been invited to two such affairs. One I politely declined. The other one I laughed in the faces of the two participants. There isn't anything on this planet that could get me to such an event, gift or not.

I'm sure you were missed...

If the liberal scum want gay marriage legal then so should polygamy be legal.Its a slippery
slope these degenerate liberal creatures are engaging.

If the liberal scum want gay marriage legal then so should polygamy be legal.Its a slippery

Tell us how keeping gay marriage illegal somehow stops polygamy from becoming legal.

Tell me how making gay marriage legal will stop polygamy from being made legal!
Actually polygamy would be LESS controversial!

When I read the thread title, Obama and Holder fight for Gay marriage it sounded like it meant for each other!

Tell us how keeping gay marriage illegal somehow stops polygamy from becoming legal.

Tell me how making gay marriage legal will stop polygamy from being made legal!
Actually polygamy would be LESS controversial!

So, there is no real connection between polygamy and gay marriage. Gotcha.

Last edited:
The issue here is not gay marriage.

If you don't see that, then you really aren't qualified to be hanging out on a "political messageboard."

Quite true. I wonder how all the libs would feel if a Republican wins in 2012 and decides not to defend the Obamacare mandate because it is unconstitutional.

There are precedents for the Executive not defending a law, and they fall into broad categories.

1. The law is clearly unconstitutional under current Supreme Court precedents.
  2. The law interferes with Executive Branch powers.
  3. The President openly states the law is unconstitutional.
As for what applies here, since SCOTUS has upheld DOMA in the past 1 will not fly. DOMA does not restrict Executive powers, so 2 will not work. Holder is arguing 3 by stating that Obama feels it is unconstitutional.

My problem with this is the same problem I had when Bush used Yoos contested interpretation of Article 2 to unilaterally decide that he had the power to ignore the restrictions on his powers that both the Legislative and Judicial branch believed existed. Obama is essentially doing the same thing here, and declaring that the Executive branch has the power to not defend laws that are facially Constitutional simply because they do not like them.

This is, effectively, another power grab on the part of the Executive branch, and I find myself deeply disturbed by it, despite, or maybe because of, the fact that I think it is the right thing to do.

These fascist racist pigs have now put the fight for Gay marriage on top of thier radical leftwing agenda.While the nation goes down the toilet in bankrupcy.

Its funny how he uses facist and racist to people trying to fight against discrimination.

Facists want to the ability to commit violence to keep the nation strong. Yes you're right. Deciding to not defend a law that will be unconstitutional is straight up fascism :lol:

These fascist racist pigs have now put the fight for Gay marriage on top of thier radical leftwing agenda.While the nation goes down the toilet in bankrupcy.

While I have nothing against Gay Marriage, I seem to recall Obama while RUNNING claiming he was not for it. So I guess we can put another check in the LIES box.

Its funny how he uses facist and racist to people trying to fight against discrimination.

Facists want to the ability to commit violence to keep the nation strong. Yes you're right. Deciding to not defend a law that will be unconstitutional is straight up fascism :lol:

Actually, enforcing an unconstitutional law is closer to my definition of fascism than defending said law.

Notwithstanding this determination, the President has informed me that Section 3 will continue to be enforced by the Executive Branch. To that end, the President has instructed Executive agencies to continue to comply with Section 3 of DOMA, consistent with the Executive’s obligation to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, unless and until Congress repeals Section 3 or the judicial branch renders a definitive verdict against the law’s constitutionality.

Breaking: Obama Administration Declares DOMA Unconstitutional, Won’t Defend it in Court - By Daniel Foster - The Corner - National Review Online

Just saying. No big surprise here though, it is just like DADT being repealed, yet still enforced.

Please note here, I am not saying Obama is a fascist, I am just pointing out that he is doing things I would ascribe to people who are fascist.

While I have nothing against Gay Marriage, I seem to recall Obama while RUNNING claiming he was not for it. So I guess we can put another check in the LIES box.

That's is OK, he was for it in 1996.

New Topics

Forum List

Back