Obama and his Eugenicists get their SS

And you're willing to bet your life on it AFTER Obama called for a "Civilian national security force"?

Why do we need another branch of the military reporting to the Surgeon General...why?

The United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is not a branch of the military ....
Um, yes they are.

No, they're not. They're one of the 7 Uniformed Services, but not one of the 5 Armed Forces. From Title 10
§ 101. Definitions
(4) The term “armed forces” means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
(5) The term “uniformed services” means—
(A) the armed forces;
(B) the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and
(C) the commissioned corps of the Public Health Service

(8) The term “military departments” means the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force
In general, the PHS Commissioned Corps falls under Title 42, not Title 10. However, members of the Commissioned Corps can be assigned or attached to one of the Armed Forces and then do fall under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, though they normally do not.

The United States Public Health Service Commissioned Corps is not a branch of the military ....
Um, yes they are.

No, they're not. They're one of the 7 Uniformed Services, but not one of the 5 Armed Forces. From Title 10
§ 101. Definitions
(4) The term “armed forces” means the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard.
(A) the armed forces;
(B) the commissioned corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and

(8) The term “military departments” means the Department of the Army, the Department of the Navy, and the Department of the Air Force
In general, the PHS Commissioned Corps falls under Title 42, not Title 10. However, members of the Commissioned Corps can be assigned or attached to one of the Armed Forces and then do fall under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, though they normally do not.
I didn't say they are armed services. Idiot. I said they are military. They are.

Um, yes they are.

§ 101. Definitions
(A) the armed forces;

I didn't say they are armed services. Idiot. I said they are military. They are.

They are not. And if you had evidence they were, you would have provided it.
They do NOT fall under the UCMJ, they are NOT combatants, they are NOT military.
The Coast Guard is not military either, except when they fall under the Navy.

Tell me again how they are military but not under any military department and not subject to UCMJ (except when attached to one of the armed forces)?

And, moron, the military is a subset of the Armed Forces.

Now, to prove me wrong, all you have to do is show one government document or US code that refers to the PHS commissioned Corps as part of the military.

But you won't...you'll either just go away or try and insult me some more.

Last edited:

They do NOT fall under the UCMJ, they are NOT combatants, they are NOT military.

Tell me again how they are military but not under any military department and not subject to UCMJ (except when attached to one of the armed forces)?

Yes, they do fall under the UCMJ. Article 2.

Is 'military' now being redefined by Obamunists?

And, as we already have the MRC, why does the PHS need a reserve? It sure would be nice if those who support Obamacare could answer this without any emotional BS.

And I mentioned that when I said "not subject to UCMJ (except when attached to one of the armed forces)"
So tell me how you read Article 2
Members of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Public Health Service, and other organizations, when assigned to and serving with the armed forces.
to mean that when they are NOT assigned to and serving with the armed forces they're subject to UCMJ?

I'm not an Obama supporter, I just hate liars and fearmongers. And you're redefining "military." Come on, where does it say they are military? "when assigned to...the armed forces" doesn't call them or make them military.

And, as we already have the MRC, why does the PHS need a reserve? .
Because the MRC is local volunteers. The government has no authority to send them anywhere and there might not be adequate MRC in the area. The PHS can be sent anywhere worldwide. Why do we have an Army Reserve when we already have a National Guard?

Is this the death panel?

Why does Obama needs a separate paramilitary? Why?

http://www.shunpiking.com/ol0207/images/Latvianwaffen_ss_marchRiga.jp/IMG]

Never Again: It's not just for Jews.[/QUOTE]

How lame. And calling Tea Party attendees terrorists or something is not okay, but this stuff passes for debate?

This from a right wing lunatic perspective. It should get pinned as a representative lunacy of what has become of the right since Oama's election. .

Last edited:
And I mentioned that when I said "not subject to UCMJ (except when attached to one of the armed forces)"
So tell me how you read Article 2
Members of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, Public Health Service, and other organizations, when assigned to and serving with the armed forces.
to mean that when they are NOT assigned to and serving with the armed forces they're subject to UCMJ?

I'm not an Obama supporter, I just hate liars and fearmongers. And you're redefining "military." Come on, where does it say they are military? "when assigned to...the armed forces" doesn't call them or make them military.

Because the MRC is local volunteers. The government has no authority to send them anywhere and there might not be adequate MRC in the area. The PHS can be sent anywhere worldwide. Why do we have an Army Reserve when we already have a National Guard?
Well, I suppose that when there was a draft, those who entered the commissioned corps should have been forced to do military duty, right? :rolleyes:

All you've got is semantics.

The PHS can be sent anywhere. It exists and there are many health professionals in uniform. So, why do we need a reserve?

I keep asking that.

So tell me how you read Article 2 to mean that when they are NOT assigned to and serving with the armed forces they're subject to UCMJ?

Well, I suppose that when there was a draft, those who entered the commissioned corps should have been forced to do military duty, right?
Why? They would be exempt as already serving in a uniformed service.

Well, don't you think semantics are important when the topic is the meaning of a word and what it applies to? That's the whole point of semantics.

The PHS can be sent anywhere. It exists and there are many health professionals in uniform. So, why do we need a reserve?
Why does any service need a reserve. Same reason. Not necessarily enough people in an emergency.

But that's not the point. While it might be arguable whether a Ready Reserve for the PHS is strictly necessary, that has nothing to do with the claims that it's meant to be a secret paramilitary force. Or that there's anything suspicious about it at all. I don't think HUD is necessary or that we need it...does that mean it has a nefarious purpose?

So tell me how you read Article 2 to mean that when they are NOT assigned to and serving with the armed forces they're subject to UCMJ?

Well, I suppose that when there was a draft, those who entered the commissioned corps should have been forced to do military duty, right?
Why? They would be exempt as already serving in a uniformed service.

Well, don't you think semantics are important when the topic is the meaning of a word and what it applies to? That's the whole point of semantics.

Why does any service need a reserve. Same reason. Not necessarily enough people in an emergency.
I doubt that you are very familiar with the PHS.

.... But that's not the point. While it might be arguable whether a Ready Reserve for the PHS is strictly necessary, that has nothing to do with the claims that it's meant to be a secret paramilitary force. Or that there's anything suspicious about it at all. I don't think HUD is necessary or that we need it...does that mean it has a nefarious purpose?
That may be the point for some, MY point is this is more unnecessary government growth. We have a PHS. If someone thinks the PHS is not large enough (not my take), then recruit more, don't create YET ANOTHER government agency. Asking why is legitimate, and a very good question.

I'm not. But I know enough that they're not an armed force, so quibbling about "military" seems a little silly if they're not an armed force.

.... But that's not the point. While it might be arguable whether a Ready Reserve for the PHS is strictly necessary, that has nothing to do with the claims that it's meant to be a secret paramilitary force. Or that there's anything suspicious about it at all. I don't think HUD is necessary or that we need it...does that mean it has a nefarious purpose?
That may be the point for some, MY point is this is more unnecessary government growth. We have a PHS. If someone thinks the PHS is not large enough (not my take), then recruit more, don't create YET ANOTHER government agency. Asking why is legitimate, and a very good question.[/QUOTE]

Sure it is. But if you're concerned about greater government growth, then why do you favor the greater expense and growth of full time people than the less expensive and lower presence of reservists? It's not another government agency, it's a cheap augmentation of an existing force.

But again, why is there any reason to think this is suspicious? Of course it's arguable if it's necessary, but that's NOT the same as the fearmongering that this is a paramilitary force answerable only to the President.

I'm not. But I know enough that they're not an armed force ....
Again with your strawman. I never said they WERE armed services. I don't play with strawmen.

pinqy said:
Si modo said:
pinqy said:
That may be the point for some, MY point is this is more unnecessary government growth. We have a PHS. If someone thinks the PHS is not large enough (not my take), then recruit more, don't create YET ANOTHER government agency. Asking why is legitimate, and a very good question.
Sure it is. But if you're concerned about greater government growth, then why do you favor the greater expense and growth of full time people than the less expensive and lower presence of reservists? It's not another government agency, it's a cheap augmentation of an existing force. ....
Didn't I say explicitly "not my take"? If you think that creation of YET ANOTHER government agency is cheaper than adding to an already existing one, you are mistaken - reserves or not. The US government loves administrative roles.

pinqy said:
.... But again, why is there any reason to think this is suspicious? Of course it's arguable if it's necessary, but that's NOT the same as the fearmongering that this is a paramilitary force answerable only to the President.
You don't read my posts too well, do you?

Last edited:

Now, to prove me wrong, all you have to do is show one government document or US code that refers to the PHS commissioned Corps as part of the military.

Sorry but the Coast Guard is one of our Armed Forces. = Military.

The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of seven uniformed services. The Coast Guard is a maritime, military, multi-mission service unique among the military branches for having a maritime law enforcement mission (with jurisdiction both domestically and in international waters) and a federal regulatory agency mission as part of its mission set

The United States Coast Guard (USCG) is a branch of the United States Armed Forces and one of seven uniformed services. The Coast Guard is a maritime, military, multi-mission service unique among the military branches for having a maritime law enforcement mission (with jurisdiction both domestically and in international waters) and a federal regulatory agency mission as part of its mission set

That is right and as a former member of the United States Coast Guard Reserve, I will kindly ask you not to forget it. :D

Immie

Um, yes they are.

§ 101. Definitions
(A) the armed forces;

Why didn't you just say "I'm a big fucking idiot!" instead, it would be much clearer.

why does the PHS need a reserve? .

If you actually wanted the answer to that question you would have just gone to their website and gotten it.

"The Public Health Reserve Corps (PHRC) is a community-based group of local medical and non-medical workers who can serve as volunteers during a public health emergency.

The mission of the PHRC is to enhance Public Health’s ability to respond to public health emergencies or disasters to limit injury, illness, suffering and death.

When every minute counts, the PHRC will play a major role with:

* Setting up, working, and running a temporary field hospital, emergency shelter, or medication center
* Dispensing medications
* Administering vaccinations
* Providing information and support to the community
* Conducting health screening "

http://www.kingcounty.gov/healthservices/health/preparedness/phreservecorps.aspx

Now does that answer your question or do you insist on continued stupidity?

Last edited:

The Department of Homeland Security is not a military department and that is normally what the CG falls under. The Coast Guard is armed forces but is only military when assigned to the DoD in time of war.

Forum List

Back