obama and high school

I have asked this question a few times in other threads and no one seems to want to answer it. I don't know if they are to busy with their heated debates to notice my question or not. So I figure I will start a thread and ask it directly

In obama's Bio "Dreams of my Father" he said he went through the last two years of high school in a haze, meaning he was a stoner. He also hinted that he would rather drink and do drugs then do school work. Now how can someone with this mentality and thinking be able to enter into Harvard law school. This is why I would like to see he college transcripts. With how he does when he is not being directed by a teleprompter and the way he's running a country that he has been intrusted with I cannot see how he managed to even make a acceptable entrance exam dumb fuck college.

Percy Sutton slipped up and told us that Khalid Mansour got Obama into Harvard.

I have asked this question a few times in other threads and no one seems to want to answer it. I don't know if they are to busy with their heated debates to notice my question or not. So I figure I will start a thread and ask it directly

In obama's Bio "Dreams of my Father" he said he went through the last two years of high school in a haze, meaning he was a stoner. He also hinted that he would rather drink and do drugs then do school work. Now how can someone with this mentality and thinking be able to enter into Harvard law school. This is why I would like to see he college transcripts. With how he does when he is not being directed by a teleprompter and the way he's running a country that he has been intrusted with I cannot see how he managed to even make a acceptable entrance exam dumb fuck college.

What we do know.... without doubt.... is that his grade average at Columbia College was not more than 3.3, because his PolSci was 'without honors'.

This is the 'smartest' POTUS we've ever had? Don't make me laugh.

why do you care?

he made harvard law review.... that means he was TOP 10% of his class at Harvard Law. I'd say that's pretty good. And the O/P knows it because it's been repeatedly explained to him. That means he must be trolling.

Are we really kidding here?

and who says he's our smartest president? bill clinton was our smartest... baby bush probably one of our least intelligent. but i know people who knew him at harvard and they said obama was brilliant there. *shrug*

but we can play these games to justify the anti-intellectualism of the radical right i suppose.

1. While I must agree with the what-difference-does-it-make-now tone, you probably know that affirmative action was the basis of his selection.

"Mr. Obama was elected after a meeting of the review's 80 editors that convened Sunday and lasted until early this morning, a participant said.
Until the 1970's the editors were picked on the basis of grades, and the president of the Law Review was the student with the highest academic rank. Among these were Elliot L. Richardson, the former Attorney General, and Irwin Griswold, a dean of the Harvard Law School and Solicitor General under Presidents Lyndon B. Johnson and Richard M. Nixon.
That system came under attack in the 1970's and was replaced by a program in which about half the editors are chosen for their grades and the other half are chosen by fellow students after a special writing competition. The new system, disputed when it began, was meant to help insure that minority students became editors of The Law Review."

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - NYTimes.com

I guess one reason for the thread is that, whatever his grades, he has made Jimmy Carter one happy puppy by opening the 'Most Incompetent President" category up for grabs.

If you lefties would simply apologize for the empty suit you foisted on the nation, these threads probably wouldn't occur.

2." It is unclear what "smart" really means in politics. I think it is the red herring of politics. Universities are loaded with faculty who are "smart". But 80% are liberal. In politics, policies matter, not technical interpretations of esoteric material; the usual purpose or functionality of high IQ smarts. He attended Occidental/Columbia undergrad and Harvard Law. Bush attended Yale undergrad and Harvard Business School. Bush released his grades and SAT scores (1206 on Verbal and Math--pre-1974--like 1300 today) as did his opponents, Kerry and Gore. Using the "Otis Gamma and Scholastic Aptitude" score, one can infer Bush's IQ to be 130. This places him in about the top 2-3% in the country. This is higher than John Kerry and lower than Al Gore. The latter was a massive underachiever in college.
We do not know Obama's SAT, LSAT, or GPA scores because he won't release them. His Columbia GPA was estimated by the WSJ to be between 1.8 and 3.0 (C- to B) because he did not graduate with honors. He was at the bottom 15% in Occidental. He was in the top 10% at Harvard Law because he graduated "magna cum laude". So we assume he is smart, but how he got into Harvard with that record is peculiar. In any event, he will not release his records.
Just as he hides his grades and SAT scores from the public, he also hides what he really thinks about health care "reform". Truly "brilliant"."
Law of the Bad Premise: Obama's Rocky Mountain High IQ

3. Think it will matter what grades he releases in '12?

What we do know.... without doubt.... is that his grade average at Columbia College was not more than 3.3, because his PolSci was 'without honors'.

This is the 'smartest' POTUS we've ever had? Don't make me laugh.
My opinion is he was helped with his grades, because obama with all this giving he wants us to do if he was as smart as his supporters would like for us to believe he is would have been a tutor to other students. Unless I have over looked something I have found nothing showing that he was a tutor to his fellow students.

I thought the same thing about Bush. Who cares if Obama was AA, when the elite have had their own for generations called "legacy"? Futhermore, Bush was a 'C' student, while Obama was on the Law Review. If there's anything to look into, let's go for the more obvious situation first, K?

Care to name all of the Presidents with an MBA?

People grow up. At some point he realized that being stupid was not the way to get what he wanted, and he got his life back together.

It does happen. People do grow up and put away the dumb things they did when they were younger.

Percy Sutton slipped up and told us that Khalid Mansour got Obama into Harvard.

That is true

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EcC0QAd0Ug]YouTube - Obama and Khalid Mansour[/ame]

People grow up. At some point he realized that being stupid was not the way to get what he wanted, and he got his life back together.

It does happen. People do grow up and put away the dumb things they did when they were younger.

True people do grow up but to be a stoner and staying in a drug daze you do not get into Harvard law school and make the harvard law review.

And what did you do in high school? I don't think you can hold anything anyone did in their teen years in high school against them.

What did I do? maintain a B average. It's not about the drugs usage, so you are missing my point. The fact that obama has said he has done this and done that. What I would like to see is his grades. The reason I would like to see his grades is to see if he earned what he did or was it given to him. I really have my doubts that he did anything worthy to hold the post of Harvard law review, or was it given to him because he was a smooth talker, and Harvard need a minority to hold the position. obama is an onion with many layers of unanswered questions. you must pill away at each deception of layers to get to the truth.

I don't disagree with you. Just about the part of what he did or didn't do in high school. He was a minor in high school simple as that. You bring up him up being a stoner in high school, the title of your thread is obama and high school, so i was not missing the point.

The rest is fair game, and needs answering.

Last edited:
Come on, the guy got a Nobel Peace prize just for being black.

Last edited:
And what did you do in high school? I don't think you can hold anything anyone did in their teen years in high school against them.

What did I do? maintain a B average. It's not about the drugs usage, so you are missing my point. The fact that obama has said he has done this and done that. What I would like to see is his grades. The reason I would like to see his grades is to see if he earned what he did or was it given to him. I really have my doubts that he did anything worthy to hold the post of Harvard law review, or was it given to him because he was a smooth talker, and Harvard need a minority to hold the position. obama is an onion with many layers of unanswered questions. you must pill away at each deception of layers to get to the truth.

I don't disagree with you. Just about the part of what he did or didn't do in high school. He was a minor in high school simple as that. You bring up him up being a stoner in high school, the title of your thread is obama and high school, so i was not missing the point.

The only reason I mention his high school years was to have a starting point. I could care less if he was a stoner or not. I was just wondering how he could achive the things he said he did and have a messed up mind in his last two years of high school when he should have been preparing for college. I really don't think he could have achived the things he did without some kind of help.

Obamas high school pic:

soulman1.jpg

The only reason I mention his high school years was to have a starting point. I could care less if he was a stoner or not. I was just wondering how he could achive the things he said he did and have a messed up mind in his last two years of high school when he should have been preparing for college. I really don't think he could have achived the things he did without some kind of help.

So now you're back tracking and saying his stoner days in high school does matter? Just start with his college days.

and what kind of help are you talking about?

So now you're back tracking and saying his stoner days in high school does matter? Just start with his college days.

Since you and I have address his stoner days I have not back track I said that does not matter the first time I said it does not matter the second time and I will say it again his stoner days do not matter but I was trying to show how could a person be so educated and have to of the most important academic years be spent in a haze? And do all the stuff he is supposed to have done without some kind of help? I think you mentioned it earlier in another post.

Unless you are a female member of the Tea Party running for the Senate who had a fleeting interest in witchcraft while in high school. My ex-wife had an interest in witchcraft when she was in high school. Guess it's a good thing she isn't going to be running for Congress. Oh, the shame...

Since you and I have address his stoner days I have not back track I said that does not matter the first time I said it does not matter the second time and I will say it again his stoner days do not matter but I was trying to show how could a person be so educated and have to of the most important academic years be spent in a haze? And do all the stuff he is supposed to have done without some kind of help? I think you mentioned it earlier in another post.

High school is not your most important academic years. If you are asking and making comments about his hazy high school years then you are talking about them. If he spent them in a haze who cares, it was high school.

I thought the same thing about Bush. Who cares if Obama was AA, when the elite have had their own for generations called "legacy"? Futhermore, Bush was a 'C' student, while Obama was on the Law Review. If there's anything to look into, let's go for the more obvious situation first, K?

Obama also has a Nobel Prize for doing absolutely nothing. So what's he hiding?

Jack do not steal my thunder any more I was getting to that.:razz::lol:

Excuse me. Great minds think alike.

High school is not your most important academic years. If you are asking and making comments about his hazy high school years then you are talking about them. If he spent them in a haze who cares, it was high school.

I think your wrong. Without good grades you can't get into a good college. But I guess obama proved that wrong unless he was helped getting placement in Harvard.

OK if high school is not the most important academic years, why doi they emphize the need to take the PSAT and SAT?

Last edited:
are you really this stupid?

come on cali... si?

let's see how non-partisan you are with this loser.

There is no evidence from Harvard. But you tell me, how did someone who scraped a degree (no honors - that means less than a 3.3 average) manage to excel at Harvard? Why hide the evidence?

no offense honey... sometimes your words don't reflect your intellect.

that may be one of your more retarded posts.

Why retarded? What is not factually accurate about what I said?

He could NOT have gotten grades above 3.3 on his PolSci - but he MAY have been below 3.3. That's accurate. So, you tell me, how did someone go from a less than stellar performance at one college then go on to excel at Harvard? The left keep whining about how he excelled at Harvard, but there is no actual evidence to support that claim. I know Obama well enough to know that, if he had excelled at Harvard, he would have been shouting it from the rooftops.... as would Harvard..... Harvard loves to show off its credentials.... as does the Messiah.

he made harvard law review.... that means he was TOP 10% of his class at Harvard Law. I'd say that's pretty good. And the O/P knows it because it's been repeatedly explained to him. That means he must be trolling. Are we really kidding here?

and who says he's our smartest president? bill clinton was our smartest... baby bush probably one of our least intelligent. but i know people who knew him at harvard and they said obama was brilliant there. *shrug*

but we can play these games to justify the anti-intellectualism of the radical right i suppose.
Please provide links to sites that show Obama edited or wrote the Harvard Law Review and copies of his work. It would be nice to see transcripts from any college he may have went to as well. You may be the first person on earth ever to post them.

Also, it's not "anti-intellectualism", it's "anti-pointy headed intellectualism", there's a difference. These supposed geniuses (Bush Included) got us into this mess but of course, have no clue how to get us out.

Obama is always saying "The Republicans drove us into a ditch" yet it never occurs to him to call a tow truck and get us out of that ditch.

are you really this stupid?

come on cali... si?

let's see how non-partisan you are with this loser.

No facts to bad up your argument? Do what Jilly does and the call the person stupid for even asking.

It's old, Jilly.

Really old.

Forum List

Back