Obama and Guns

BrianH

Mar 10, 2008
Texas
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347690,00.html

I googled Obama and Guns and couldn't find decent story about it, it doesn't seem that CNN is covering it. So yes, I am posting a foxnews story. Below is a site that was hyperlinked on CNN.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Domestic/Barack_Obama_Gun_Control.htm

This is what will happen to your guns if Obama is our next president. Say good-bye to all of the fun stuff. I guess I'll have to convince my wife to let me by an assault rifle before they're banned. LOL...:eusa_dance:

I heard a clip where Obama said something about being a proponent of stricter gun laws.

Which means the states where they have guns with few restrictions (and crime rates are low) can look forward to having them taken away, and crime rates escalating.

I heard a clip where Obama said something about being a proponent of stricter gun laws.

Which means the states where they have guns with few restrictions (and crime rates are low) can look forward to having them taken away, and crime rates escalating.

yeah, he's changing his tune now into saying that he is Pro-gun. He'll be in Pennsylvania soon, which holds over 1 million hunters.... 600,000 of the population have concealed carry permits, more than any other state, from what the article says. He's changing his tune to rack up votes. Which I'm sure the other candidates do too. As far as guns go, McCain is the only Pro-gun candidate there is. OTher than Ron Paul.....

This is what will happen to your guns if Obama is our next president. Say good-bye to all of the fun stuff. I guess I'll have to convince my wife to let me by an assault rifle before they're banned. LOL...:eusa_dance:
Does this surprise anyone?
Is there a liberal that -doesn't- suppprt banning assault weapons, gun regisration, etc?

"Does this surprise anyone?
Is there a liberal that -doesn't- suppprt banning assault weapons, gun regisration, etc?"

Well, here's one liberal that supports loosening restrictions upon, and impediments to, firearm ownership - BUT if you need a license and registration to drive, shouldn't you also need one to carry and use a gun? - Even those areas that have seen crime rates fall as a result of looser gun-control laws still require permitting and registration, no?

Does this surprise anyone?
Is there a liberal that -doesn't- suppprt banning assault weapons, gun regisration, etc?

*cough cough*

I've put just as much shoulder into gun threads as you and i'm sure as hell no conservative. I realize Heston died the other day and all but maybe some evidence is worth more than the same ole routine talking points about the gun issue this time around?

[
Well, here's one liberal that supports loosening restrictions upon, and impediments to, firearm ownership - BUT if you need a license and registration to drive, shouldn't you also need one to carry and use a gun?
You only need a license to drive a car on public property.
You only need to register a car that is used on public property.
You dont need a license to own a car or use it on private property.
You dont need to register a car to own it or use it in private property.

Further:
Licensing and registration are preconditions placed on the exercise of the right to arms not inherent to same. That is an infringement.
The right to arms shall not be infringed.

I didn't vote for registering my vehicle, either. Nor would I today if it were up for the vote. Nor did I vote to require insurance.

Just because we've done stupid things in the past is no reason to continue to make the same mistakes, over and over.

Did you really mean to imply that insuring a motor vehicle is stupid?

oh well you know.. it's only a couple tons of high speed mass barreling down the highway mere feet from other potentially uninsured vehicles.

"You only need a license to drive a car on public property.
You only need to register a car that is used on public property.
You dont need a license to own a car or use it on private property.
You dont need to register a car to own it or use it in private property."

Okay, but if youre gonna carry a firearm anywhere public (and those areas that have seen reduced crime allow people to do this) then you still need to register and permit it.

A precondition to the exercise of a right is not an infringement upon it. If youre a citizen who wants to exercise your right to vote, you still have to register. If you want to exercise your right to legal representation, you still have to abide by the rules and protocols of the courtroom. If you want liberty, you still have to follow laws.

Okay, but if youre gonna carry a firearm anywhere public (and those areas that have seen reduced crime allow people to do this) then you still need to register and permit it.
No... if you USE the gun on public PROPERTY... then your analogy has merit.
Note that if the analogy is to continue to hold water, then said license is good on all public property in all 50 states.

A precondition to the exercise of a right is not an infringement upon it.
But a precondition not inherent to that right is.
Can you show that licensing and registration are inherent to the right to arms?
If not, then its an infringement.

If youre a citizen who wants to exercise your right to vote, you still have to register.
Because you being you and voting in the right place is inherent to the right to vote.

Etc...

Dad, guess what I just met the nicest girl and she just loves guns.
Good son, where does she work?
Dad, you should see her handle a 30 06, it is something to watch.
Can she cook?
And tear down and rebuild her M16 in 10 minutes.
Does she want children?
And I never seen anyone re-load like her!
Is she of our faith?
Dad, quit asking dumb questions, this is the gal for me.
Damn! I raised a fool.

I can't for the life of me figure out why guns are so important to some men? No one is taking your security blanket away, they only want to control them as you would any dangerous device. I don't buy the 2nd amendment freedom baloney as those were different times and it is open to other interpretations. We ain't fighting the King of England any longer or other local tyrants. So who the hell needs an assault rifle unless you are a terrorist? I am missing something here. So why do guns make any one happy?

It's our constitutional right to own them. We rever the constitution and appreciate the fact that it is the reason we have the greatest country in the world.

There's a reason arms are #2 on the list. It's an important right to protect.

I can't for the life of me figure out why guns are so important to some men? No one is taking your security blanket away, they only want to control them as you would any dangerous device. I don't buy the 2nd amendment freedom baloney as those were different times and it is open to other interpretations. We ain't fighting the King of England any longer or other local tyrants. So who the hell needs an assault rifle unless you are a terrorist? I am missing something here. So why do guns make any one happy?

Not only that, but why is it up to you to decide what makes people happy? Who said everybody has to agree on what they need to have for happiness?

I think Pagans and Wiccans are idiots, and sincerely believe their belief will bring them unhappiness. That doesn't give me the right to deny them access to whatever pagan or wiccan reading materials or props make them happy. I don't define the happiness of others.

So it doesn't matter whether or not you like the fact that some people like guns. Your opinion about what makes others happy has absolutely no place in the discussion. You don't get to tell us what we can access to achieve happiness, so long as we aren't violating your rights while exercising our own.

Forum List

Back