Obama and Clinton: two cynical losers

Talk about spinning things backwards.

Caselaw for as long as this country's been around: State Courts make the final decisions on State Election Law.... til... Bush v. Gore.... which the court specifically says doesn't apply to any other case. This is unheard of for the Supreme Court which ONLY takes cases to settle huge questions of law so lower courts can follow them.

And we're forgetting about Cheney's duck-hunting buddy not recusing himself from the Case. Sandra Day O'Connor says her decision in Bush v Gore is one of her huge regrets (easy enough to say after she saddled us with Baby Bush).

*laughing* at you calling Gore dishonest when you voted for Bush/Cheney.

You are aware that the decision that The Florida Court decision violated US Federal laws was 7-2? You do know that right?

Our Steel industry went to shit because it did not invest its profits back into modernizing its equipment AND the US Government paid for and gave Germany and Europe and Japan all new plants, state of the art at the time.

Our existing steel companies have to face legacy costs that new steel industries in places like Korea and China don't. That is a primary reason that US steel has a hard time competing in the global market. Of course, the alternative to these legacy costs is too cut all the pensioners loose and let the government cover them.

Talk about spinning things backwards.

Caselaw for as long as this country's been around: State Courts make the final decisions on State Election Law.... til... Bush v. Gore.... which the court specifically says doesn't apply to any other case. This is unheard of for the Supreme Court which ONLY takes cases to settle huge questions of law so lower courts can follow them.

And we're forgetting about Cheney's duck-hunting buddy not recusing himself from the Case. Sandra Day O'Connor says her decision in Bush v Gore is one of her huge regrets (easy enough to say after she saddled us with Baby Bush).

*laughing* at you calling Gore dishonest when you voted for Bush/Cheney.

*yawn* I'm spinning nothing backwards. Bush appealed to the US Court of Appeals. That WOULD BE the next higher up in the pecking order from state court, right?

Y'all always want oversight. You got some. Worked like it was supposed to. For someone who thinks states' rights is "crap," kind of obvious when you are for it in this one instance.

*yawn* I'm spinning nothing backwards. Bush appealed to the US Court of Appeals. That WOULD BE the next higher up in the pecking order from state court, right?

Y'all always want oversight. You got some. Worked like it was supposed to. For someone who thinks states' rights is "crap," kind of obvious when you are for it in this one instance.

No...election law cases don't go from State Court to Federal. That was fake. And listening to Scalia talk about it last night cracked me up... particularly when he should have recused himself.

Nope... the STates' righters are suddenly not for it... but that seems to escape you.

And what I'm against... is cases being decided to intentionally have NO PRECEDENTIAL VALUE. There's not another Supreme Court case I know of that did that.

Forum List

Back