obama and boehner still seem at war

Boner knows his back is against the wall and Obama, as he should, isn't letting down.

What he needs to do is let the tax cuts expire on the rich as well as cut the military spending that's set to expire.

If Boner refuses, not only are their precious tax cuts to the rich gone, so is their massive defense spending to bankroll their cronies. There's no way Boner would let that happen, he's corporate masters come first before anything.

The problem with letting them expire is that they expire on everyone...including those that are struggling the most.

It's highly unlikely that will happen unless boner is being a complete ass which I doubt he will after the GOP got their asses royally handed to them. America will be closely watching tp see if the GOP's " destroy america at all costs to make Obama look bad" ways are done and they are now ready to be adults, or will continue to act like 3 year olds.
Sadly though I don't think they will compromise on tax increases. If they don,t we see another recession

The problem with letting them expire is that they expire on everyone...including those that are struggling the most.

It's highly unlikely that will happen unless boner is being a complete ass which I doubt he will after the GOP got their asses royally handed to them. America will be closely watching tp see if the GOP's " destroy america at all costs to make Obama look bad" ways are done and they are now ready to be adults, or will continue to act like 3 year olds.

Don't kid yourself. Boehner knows he's likely toast so no reason for him to sell out now.
I agree. He knows he off in two years and therefore won't care if their no compromise. A fiscal cliff would be worst moment in us since 2008 recession

Boehner and McConnell are at war with Obama but Republicans are ready to put up a primary challenge against McConnell in 2014 so he really should stop being such an asshole. He's another one people don't really like, not even his own party.

The old gasbag..
Promblem still house full of tea party and so can,t see deal being reached on tax increases

Boehner and McConnell are at war with Obama but Republicans are ready to put up a primary challenge against McConnell in 2014 so he really should stop being such an asshole. He's another one people don't really like, not even his own party.

The old gasbag..

Of course Obama's willing to compromise, right? He had everything Democrat and he blew it. Now it's all these two idiot's fault. You want bipartisanship...then share the blame.

The 4 of them are at fault. Let's not forget Dingy Harry.

Sadly though I don't think they will compromise on tax increases. If they don,t we see another recession

He will. We'll likely see the compromise like we saw proposed by the democrats the last time around where there offered only restoring the tax rates on .5, or those making over a million a year, though I hope Obama stands firm at 250k or more.

The real ace card for Obama is the insanely bloated military spending. If Boner doesn't play ball and they are let to expire, he would have his ass handed to him by his corporate cronies and his own party.

Obama needs to keep playing hardball and give Boner his military spending, with large cuts as well as restoring the tax rates on the top 2%

That's a fair offer and I hope it happens.

Yes, they are at war and Boehner is winning. He has way more golf games under his belt than Obama.

Barack now has four more years to catch up.

With each other. After watching their two speeches on fiscal cliff hard to see how they are going to find middle ground to avoid this

They will; just watch.

decker's faux concern is funny, isn't it?

he was 'concerned' about ohio, too.

Concerned-300x300.jpg

He will. We'll likely see the compromise like we saw proposed by the democrats the last time around where there offered only restoring the tax rates on .5, or those making over a million a year, though I hope Obama stands firm at 250k or more.

The real ace card for Obama is the insanely bloated military spending. If Boner doesn't play ball and they are let to expire, he would have his ass handed to him by his corporate cronies and his own party.

Obama needs to keep playing hardball and give Boner his military spending, with large cuts as well as restoring the tax rates on the top 2%

You're expecting logic from politicians? It would be a first.

With each other. After watching their two speeches on fiscal cliff hard to see how they are going to find middle ground to avoid this

They won't. Boehner wasn't running, Obama was. Hope you're happy with more gridlock. I keep hearing the left say Romney was a moderate so then that would have made him a viable alternative to many who voted for Obama. Had they done that and Romney won, we might have actually seen some progress. Now...it's unlikely.
You would have seen progress alright but, unless you are among the upper four percent, not the kind of progress we'd be looking for.

Romney is a plutocratic elitist. Did you not hear his comments on that surreptitious video made of him addressing a gathering of his wealthy supporters? The man is a budding fascist who would be infinitely worse than G.W. Bush because he is much smarter than G.W. Bush.

I'm not suggesting Obama is a prize package by comparison. But because of his race and his social background he would never be accepted in the elitist circle Romney (and Bush) inhabit. So we remnants of what formerly was the American middle class have that in common with Obama and for that reason we can expect some accommodation from him -- even though he is owned by Wall Street, the banks, the Military Industrial Complex, and the corporatocracy. We can count on Obama tossing us an occasional bone, whereas what we'd get from Romney is what his dog got on that infamous cross-country road trip.

They won't. Boehner wasn't running, Obama was. Hope you're happy with more gridlock. I keep hearing the left say Romney was a moderate so then that would have made him a viable alternative to many who voted for Obama. Had they done that and Romney won, we might have actually seen some progress. Now...it's unlikely.
You would have seen progress alright but, unless you are among the upper four percent, not the kind of progress we'd be looking for.

Romney is a plutocratic elitist. Did you not hear his comments on that surreptitious video made of him addressing a gathering of his wealthy supporters? The man is a budding fascist who would be infinitely worse than G.W. Bush because he is much smarter than G.W. Bush.

I'm not suggesting Obama is a prize package by comparison. But because of his race and his social background he would never be accepted in the elitist circle Romney (and Bush) inhabit. So we remnants of what formerly was the American middle class have that in common with Obama and for that reason we can expect some accommodation from him -- even though he is owned by Wall Street, the banks, the Military Industrial Complex, and the corporatocracy. We can count on Obama tossing us an occasional bone, whereas what we'd get from Romney is what his dog got on that infamous cross-country road trip.

The flaw in your argument is in the last paragraph. We shouldn't hope for anything from anyone but what we ourselves earn. Neither side cares about the middle class. Romney might have "gotten" the economy growing faster and from that we all would benefit. Stagnation is not an option and that's what we have to look forward to.

I don't want a bone from Obama, I want a robust economy that enriches all classes. That will then give us choices that better enable us to take care of ourselves.

Last edited:

The flaw in your argument is in the last paragraph. We shouldn't hope for anything from anyone but what we ourselves earn. Neither side cares about the middle class. Romney might have "gotten" the economy growing faster and from that we all would benefit. Stagnation is not an option and that's what we have to look forward to.

I don't want a bone from Obama, I want a robust economy that enriches all classes. That will then give us choices that better enable us to take care of ourselves.
i fear nothing will get done because neither side willing to budge.

also president and speaker don,t meet enough. not bothered to get to know each other. they just content on treating it as a sport face off with each other. that hurts american people.

tip o,neil and regan came to middle ground. why can,t modern day congress

You're expecting logic from politicians? It would be a first.
Agree. pisses me off that both can,t meet personally and work togeher instead of all this pointless and dangerous grand standing that means nothing gets done.

all i heard from both since election is i only do this if and you have to do this. neither saying they have to do anything.

never get compromise with those views

this subjek is vrey distrubing to me and i has big concrn. i will worry until ti is resoved.

Yes, they are at war and Boehner is winning. He has way more golf games under his belt than Obama.

well they need to like clinton and new did post 1996 work together on a deal.

this will hurt them both if they carry on like they did in debt crisis on 2011. that ended nowhere and with a lot of hate on both sides.

find a middle ground and a grand deal. american people fed up of your granstanding. make thing happen and get to know each other

this will hurt them both if they carry on like they did in debt crisis on 2011. that ended nowhere and with a lot of hate on both sides.

find a middle ground and a grand deal. american people fed up of your granstanding. make thing happen and get to know each other

getting bold, are you, little concern troll?

:lmao:

this subjek is vrey distrubing to me and i has big concrn. i will worry until ti is resoved.
fuck off twat.i care what happens to ecnomey and not anything to do with trolling.

face you not intrested in issue affects millions of people sums it up

getting bold, are you, little concern troll?

:lmao:
you are a offical troll. i worked it out. all you do is repeat same abuse of me being concern troll when in fact you are a troll who follows every post i do with the phase concern troll.

you like a computer virus . why not be adult and stop behaving like a internet troll ,.

Forum List

Back