Obama and Biden problem does not end with termination of Gen. McChrystal

52ndStreet

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2008
President Obama and Vice President Biden problem of insubordination and disrespect will not end with the termination of Gen. McChrystal. What we have here ,is a more pervasive
feeling in the military of a Presidnet and vice President who seem to know nothing about military strategy or the psychology of warfare.

You don't win a war by announcing an exit strategy right in the middle of the war. The enemy will view it as weakness. You also appear to make your military personel look weak
and capitulatory.

President Obama and vice President Biden, must realize that they have a much deeper problem of conveying themselves as effective political leaders. That know what it is that they are doing , and the long term consequences of their decisions.:razz:

What we have here ,is a more pervasive feeling in the military of a Presidnet and vice President who seem to know nothing about military strategy or the psychology of warfare.

The vast majority of military people I have known, are extremely right wing, politically. I suspect that much of what you are talking about here has less to do with the Presdient's perceived inability to handle military matters and much more to do witht the plain fact that he is viewed by the military as basically a liberal Democrat.

The situation is certainly not at all helped by the fact I am sure that Fox News is the default program running on television sets in day rooms throughout the military. Fox News is hardly an Obama booster network.

You can even see how much the troops hate Obama

obama.troops.embrace.jpg

yeah chickhawks hate him, my guess is declaring victory and getting the fuck out would have him beloved by the troops and thier families. Let's throw them a huge fucking victory party when they get home. the sooner the better.

What we have here ,is a more pervasive feeling in the military of a Presidnet and vice President who seem to know nothing about military strategy or the psychology of warfare.

The vast majority of military people I have known, are extremely right wing, politically. I suspect that much of what you are talking about here has less to do with the Presdient's perceived inability to handle military matters and much more to do witht the plain fact that he is viewed by the military as basically a liberal Democrat.

The situation is certainly not at all helped by the fact I am sure that Fox News is the default program running on television sets in day rooms throughout the military. Fox News is hardly an Obama booster network.

Spoken like a true kool aid drinking moron.. Blame Bush, Blame Fox cause obie wan is a wimp.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Indeed it does not, All this incident has done is revealed just how dis functional the presidents National Security Team is. The RS article itself spends a good deal of time talking about how universially hated the Presidents new ROE are amongst our troops. Their feeling is they can not possibly do what is being asked of them.

They are being asked to fight a counter insurgency, something that normally would require a long term commitment, But they are being asked to do it under an arbitrary deadline coming up for troop withdraw. With Rules of Engagement that say our troops can not shoot first, and can not rely on air strikes. It also took Obama months to approve the troop increase and then he did not send the full amount requested. It is easy to see why the Leadership as well as the troops on the ground are not happy with Obama's leadership so far.

Last edited:
Indeed it does not, All this incident has done is revealed just how dis functional the presidents National Security Team is. The RS article itself spends a good deal of time talking about how universially hated the Presidents new ROE are amongst our troops. Their feeling is they can not possibly do what is being asked of them.

They are being asked to fight a counter insurgency, something that normally would require a long term commitment, But they are being asked to do it under an arbitrary deadline coming up for troop withdraw. With Rules of Engagement that say our troops can not shoot first, and can not rely on air strikes. It also took Obama months to approve the troop increase and then he did not send the full amount requested. It is easy to see why the Leadership as well as the troops on the ground are not happy with Obama's leadership so far.

Pick a subject, any subject, and there's so much misinformation and DISinformation spread around that it's ridiculous. Here's an except from Chris Wallace's interview in December '09 with General Patreaus. There is no way anyone has ever said that July 2011 would see the last helicopters out of Afghanistan. And, in fact, from this same excerpt from the transcript, Patreaus reminds Wallace that a drawdown in Iraq was also planned.

Transcript: Gen. Petraeus on 'FNS' - FOX News Sunday | Chris Wallace - FOXNews.com
WALLACE: ... I want — I want to pursue this question about what the time line means and what it doesn't mean about July 2011. On that date, do you have any orders on how many troops to pull out and how fast?

PETRAEUS: No, not at all. No. In fact, as the secretary explained, this would be a district-by-district, as the conditions obtain, as the security situation is sufficient for the Afghan security forces that will be working hard to develop are capable of taking on those tasks.

So you know, it is important to remember also that in Iraq at a certain point, I did say in December of 2007 — I announced this in September in the testimony, that in December 2007, we would start to transition tasks to the Iraqi security forces in that case as well.

What we have here ,is a more pervasive
feeling in the military of a Presidnet and vice President who seem to know nothing about military strategy or the psychology of warfare.

You don't win a war by announcing an exit strategy right in the middle of the war.:

Yo Vern, define "winning the AfPak war" for me.

Forum List

Back