Obama and Biden Attempt To Take Credit For Surge Success

Now I'm not saying that Obama is responsible for the war being "won", whatever that means, since the definition of what "winning" meant was changed like 10 times..

That honor goes to the military, who, despite Bush's utter incompetency, won his war for him.

A war that should never have been fought in the first place.

So why is his administration attempting to take the credit for it's success?

Oh...another thing....wars aren't perfect. Bad things happen during them. When this happens it doesn't mean the Commander In Chief was incompetent. The trick is showing the leadership it takes to turn a bad war into a success. If that's being incompetent then Bush is.

Last edited:
Bush- Invade iraq

Obama- Win Iraq

History will duly record who did what

really

what did obama do to "win" iraq?

how is it iraq is now a "win", where just a bit over a year ago, iraq was a "loss"

Bush had five years to accomplish a win. We defeated Japan and Germany in 3 1/2 years. The Bush assessment of Iraq was..

"It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003

My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

"Had we to do it over again, we would look at the consequences of catastrophic success, being so successful so fast that an enemy that should have surrendered or been done in escaped and lived to fight another day." —President Bush, telling Time magazine that he underestimated the Iraqi resistance, Aug. 2004

Do you call this win? I call it FAIL

Iran and Iraq are the same place

And Mooky Al Sadr is the real power in Iraq

Libs have been banging that drum for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and guess what...youre still WRONG

Obama ran up a $1.6 Trillion Deficit in one fucking year. Can't wait to see what Obama does next year

OK, serious question Frank, are you drunk? Because drunk posting is amusing, but very odd.

Obviously my reference was to the fact that the new Iraqi government is very friendly with that of Iran, where in the past Iraq played the part of a deterrent to Iraq.

I'm not sure why you would infer that Al Sadr is "the real power in Iraq", as I never implied that he was.

And, since Bush's economic collapse was what created at least 1.2 Trillion dollars of the deficit, it's quite obvious that your last statement is wrong, not to mention the fact that the deficit was 1.4 trillion dollars.

So again Frank, I ask you, are you drunk?

So why is his administration attempting to take the credit for it's success?

Oh...another thing....wars aren't perfect. Bad things happen during them. When this happens it doesn't mean the Commander In Chief was incompetent. The trick is showing the leadership it takes to turn a bad war into a success. If that's being incompetent then Bush is.

When specifically did the Obama administration claim that their policies had created an Iraqi "Victory", because certainly the OP of this thread does not conclusively prove that that is the case.

Mr Biden is known for saying things off the cuff, without any assistance or guidance from the rest of the administration. You all should know that, you continuously make fun of him for doing just that.

And finally, I have heard many a poster on this board say that "Nixon got us out of Vietnam", while this is technically true, it is about as accurate as Biden's quote.

Last edited:
"He inherited the success in Iraq" -- Mudwhistle

Sweet, so he "inherited" an occupied country that's now pretty radically Islamic, and is Iran's new buddy.

Good thing we stabilized the country, after killing all those people. Now we can look forward to them not appreciating our efforts in earnest.

And hey, Obama also inherited:

*all the debt caused by the war

*all the ongoing costs of the war (benefits from injuries, replacing military resources expended, etc)

*a 1.2 Trillion dollar deficit mainly because of revenue loss due to economic collapse.

etc., etc.

We should all thank George Bush for the great job he did!

Thanks George!

:lol::lol::lol: Iran and Iraq are the same place :lol::lol::lol:

And Mooky Al Sadr is the real power in Iraq :lol::lol: :cuckoo: :clap2:

Libs have been banging that drum for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS and guess what...youre still WRONG

Obama ran up a $1.6 Trillion Deficit in one fucking year. Can't wait to see what Obama does next year

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol:

JUST CURIOUS

You know that Bush and the Republicans never included the cost of either war in their budgets, right? Obama was honest about the cost of the wars for the first time. You know that, right? Say you know that.

Bush- Invade iraq

Obama- Win Iraq

really

how is it iraq is now a "win", where just a bit over a year ago, iraq was a "loss"

Because Obama wills it to be.

Only man in America that has the power of the press to give him a victory by pulling it out of the ashes of defeat.

"Well...now that I need a military victory.....uuuuuh.....I can admit it was a success.....uuuuuh... as long as I get the credit. Maybe that will boost my.....uuuuuh....tanking poll numbers." - Barrack Huessein Obama mmmm..mmmm...mmmm

Last edited:
Bush- Invade iraq

Obama- Win Iraq

really

Bush had five years to accomplish a win. We defeated Japan and Germany in 3 1/2 years. The Bush assessment of Iraq was..

"It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam’s security forces and his army. Hard to imagine." –Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, testifying before the House Budget Committee prior to the Iraq war, Feb. 27, 2003

Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." –President Bush, standing under a "Mission Accomplished" banner on the USS Lincoln aircraft carrier, May 2, 2003

My belief is we will, in fact, be greeted as liberators." –Vice President Dick Cheney, "Meet the Press," March 16, 2003

"I think they're in the last throes, if you will, of the insurgency." --Vice President Dick Cheney, on the Iraq insurgency, June 20, 2005

"Had we to do it over again, we would look at the consequences of catastrophic success, being so successful so fast that an enemy that should have surrendered or been done in escaped and lived to fight another day." —President Bush, telling Time magazine that he underestimated the Iraqi resistance, Aug. 2004

you didn't answer my questions....at all...here they are again:

two simple questions.....why is it you can't answer them?

Sweet, so he "inherited" an occupied country that's now pretty radically Islamic, and is Iran's new buddy.

Good thing we stabilized the country, after killing all those people. Now we can look forward to them not appreciating our efforts in earnest.

*all the ongoing costs of the war (benefits from injuries, replacing military resources expended, etc)

*a 1.2 Trillion dollar deficit mainly because of revenue loss due to economic collapse.

etc., etc.

Thanks George!

JUST CURIOUS

You know that Bush and the Republicans never included the cost of either war in their budgets, right? Obama was honest about the cost of the wars for the first time. You know that, right? Say you know that.

Obama ain't paying for anything ether. 3 times as much as Bush...so I don't know what you're crowing about. Who's ass do you think he is he planning on taking all of this cash he's spending from?

really

OK lets see why Bush was a LOSS

- Committed US soldiers to die in an unnecessary war
- Botched the troop strength required to do the mission
- His poor decision caused the death of 4000 Americans and the wounding of tens of thousands
- Grossly underestimated the political realities in Iraq
- Failed to negotiate an international alliance
- Failed to achieve "Mission Accomplished" in over 5 years

OK lets see why Obama is a WIN
- Took over an ill-conceived, poorly executed war
- Pulled back US troops from the hot zones
- Correctly established Afghanistan as the cornerstone of the War on Terror
- Pulled out USMC

These two statements from the Bush brain trust show why the Bush Iraq War was a FAIL. "Hard to conceive" ??? Even Bush Senior understood the political realities of Iraq. They grossly misread the political situation in Iraq and refused to provide the troop levels suggested by Gen Shinseki. This resulted in the unnecessary deaths of 4000 American soldiers

Obama is following Bush's polices .

MR. RUSSERT: You were not in the Senate in October of 2002. You did give a speech opposing the war. But Senator Clinton’s campaign will say since you’ve been a senator there’s been no difference in your record. And other critics will say that you’ve not been a leader against the war, and they point to this: In July of ‘04, Barack Obama, “I’m not privy to Senate intelligence reports. What would I have done? I don’t know,” in terms of how you would have voted on the war. And then this: “There’s not much of a difference between my position on Iraq and George Bush’s position at this stage.” That was July of ‘04. And this: “I think” there’s “some room for disagreement in that initial decision to vote for authorization of the war.” It doesn’t seem that you are firmly wedded against the war, and that you left some wiggle room that, if you had been in the Senate, you may have voted for it.

SEN. OBAMA: Now, Tim, that first quote was made with an interview with a guy named Tim Russert on MEET THE PRESS during the convention when we had a nominee for the presidency and a vice president, both of whom had voted for the war. And so it, it probably was the wrong time for me to be making a strong case against our party’s nominees’ decisions when it came to Iraq.

MTP transcript for Nov. 11, 2007 - Meet the Press- msnbc.com

etc., etc.

Thanks George!

JUST CURIOUS

Is this the same Obama that was going to comb through the budget with a fine-toothed comb?

In 2005, when Iraq had it's first free election in 50 years, was the true victory.

And for that, the united states military, under the command of president bush, deserves the credit.

And now, the Iraqis deserve credit, for giving the U.S the ability to begin removing troops.

Obama deserves nothing.

JUST CURIOUS

Is this the same Obama that was going to comb through the budget with a fine-toothed comb?

Obama was given a "sinking ship" and Republcians are angry he's not "polishing the anchor".

These two statements from the Bush brain trust show why the Bush Iraq War was a FAIL. "Hard to conceive" ??? Even Bush Senior understood the political realities of Iraq. They grossly misread the political situation in Iraq and refused to provide the troop levels suggested by Gen Shinseki. This resulted in the unnecessary deaths of 4000 American soldiers

What do you mean "fail". They gave our president "gifts". In fact, they made a couch sized statue of the "shoe" tossed to Bush. Isn't that thoughtful? And they chant such charming things - "Death to America". Only Republicans can look at this "disaster" and see a "good thing". Are they completely delusional? Guess so.

shoe-thrown-at-bush.jpg

A single, copper-coated sculpture of a shoe the size of a couch was put on a stand carved to resemble a flowing cloth. The sculpture was formally unveiled Thursday in none other than the hometown of tyrannical Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein, uh, former tyranical dictator that is. During the brief outdoor ceremony, officials and visitors walked around observing the sculpture questioning its oddities, like why in the heck there was a freaking tree protruding out of the shoe's interior.

Laith al-Amari, the Baghdad-based artist, called it a fitting tribute to the shoe hurler, Iraqi journalist Muntadhar al-Zeidi, who has been giving a folk hero reputation in parts of the Muslim world and beyond. He stated that the work honors al-Zeidi, that it was "a source of pride for all Iraqis, not a poltical work
Google Image Result for http://www.xponex.com/images/shoe-thrown-at-bush.jpg

In 2005, when Iraq had it's first free election in 50 years, was the true victory.

And for that, the united states military, under the command of president bush, deserves the credit.

And now, the Iraqis deserve credit, for giving the U.S the ability to begin removing troops.

Obama deserves nothing.

Free election?

Have you ever read their constitution? Better yet, ask the Iraqi Christians, if you can find any.

just curious

you know that bush and the republicans never included the cost of either war in their budgets, right? Obama was honest about the cost of the wars for the first time. You know that, right? Say you know that.

is this the same obama that was going to comb through the budget with a fine-toothed comb?

obama was given a "sinking ship" and republcians are angry he's not "polishing the anchor".

boooooooooosh

OK lets see why Bush was a LOSS

- Committed US soldiers to die in an unnecessary war
- Botched the troop strength required to do the mission
- His poor decision caused the death of 4000 Americans and the wounding of tens of thousands
- Grossly underestimated the political realities in Iraq
- Failed to negotiate an international alliance
- Failed to achieve "Mission Accomplished" in over 5 years

OK lets see why Obama is a WIN
- Took over an ill-conceived, poorly executed war
- Pulled back US troops from the hot zones
- Correctly established Afghanistan as the cornerstone of the War on Terror
- Pulled out USMC

The USMC were the bulk of the combat troops. That battle was won so why keep in the marines.

Truth is you have no fucken idea what you're talking about.

WWII was a cluster-fuck most of the time....so I suppose we lost???

Millions of lives were lost not 4000. The D-Day test run cost the lives of over 4000 troops you fucken idiot. And you want to bitch about 4000 over how many years you fucking ingrate. How many are dying that aren't being reported now?

The mission accomplished sign was intentionally warped by the media into something that applied to the entire mission when in fact the sign only meant that the battlegroup that hosted Bush's hook-landing fulfilled their mission, not the entire Iraqi operation. Bush stated it might be years...even decades but dumb asses like you never listened.

I'm so fed up with cocksuckers like you that know nothing about military tactics repeating the lies of Democrats who are equally ignorant of tactics. Just shut the fuck up.

Last edited:
JUST CURIOUS

Obama was given a "sinking ship" and Republcians are angry he's not "polishing the anchor".

0bamasealix2.jpg

Forum List

Back