Obama and America's Image?

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
Just about five years ago, this was the No. 2 song in Germany.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T7Hfx7NmBI&feature=PlayList&p=E031041A8A45556B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=74]YouTube - Amerika (English subtitles)[/ame]

Now, a lot has happened since then. What can Obama do to change this image, what has he done, and what has he failed to do? This is particular relevant given Rammstein's popularity in Russia, and Obama's recent visit to Russia.

Do you think the core issues addressed in this song are all tied to Bush, or might there be something deeper in this anti-American sentiment?

Your thoughts?

I've nothing to say about the topic, but I love Rammstein and I think this song rocks.

WE'RE ALL LIVIN' IN AMERIKA
COCA-COLA, SOMETIMES WAR!!!

"This video is not available in your country due to copyrights restrictions" <= Fuck You!

I've nothing to say about the topic, but I love Rammstein and I think this song rocks.

WE'RE ALL LIVIN' IN AMERIKA
COCA-COLA, SOMETIMES WAR!!!

"This video is not available in your country due to copyrights restrictions" <= Fuck You!

You must be on Windoze ... Ubuntu doesn't do that ... :eusa_whistle:

I love Rammstein to ... have since I first heard them.

I like Rammstein too, or I wouldn't know this song....but could you respond to my question?

Or, at least, respond with your attitudes towards the song? Do you agree with the fundamental theme, ie "This is Not a Love Song"?

I think it is about envy, at least in the past, now they are laughing at us for our stupidity at destroying ourselves, with shallowness and indocrination from leftists, that they know all too well

Now, a lot has happened since then. What can Obama do to change this image, what has he done, and what has he failed to do? This is particular relevant given Rammstein's popularity in Russia, and Obama's recent visit to Russia.

Do you think the core issues addressed in this song are all tied to Bush, or might there be something deeper in this anti-American sentiment?

Your thoughts?

These sentiments have been around for decades. The only way these sentiments will change is if the US goes bankrupt. Obama's anti-capitalistic policies might just push America over the edge, so in a sense Obama can 'change' this image if he stays the course.

the song raises good points. in my early 20s i believed much the same, america was decadent, lack of any real culture because it tried to assimilate to many cultures....

i spent time in another another country and came to realize, there is no place like home. every culture has its flaws and when it comes down to it, we are more similar than we think. i spent time in a very remote place, yet, the same human traits existed, power over those who don't have it, wealth over those who don't have it.....

it is easy to point to america and blame everything on america....what is harder is to realize america is a melting pot of the world, our ills reflect those of the world. and people still keep streaming in....

Forum List

Back