Obama and ACORN

ozzmdj

Jul 9, 2009
Wolf Creek, Missouri
By Pamela Geller

Barack Obama gave five interviews last Sunday, and only one interviewer bothered to ask him about the ACORN scandal. ACORN is the leftist activist organization that lost its federal funds last week in a Congressional vote that was not even close. Obama's answer to his lone ACORN question was amazing. He brazened it out: "Frankly," said the President, "it's not something I've followed closely. This is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to."

Not something he's paying a lot of attention to. This is the same Barack Obama who said, in an address to ACORN in 2007, "I have been fighting alongside ACORN on issues you care about my entire career."

One of Barack Obama's jobs out of college was with ACORN as a community organizer. Obama hired ACORN affiliates for voter registration. Obama was a speaker at ACORN seminars. Obama was their lawyer.

And now he says that the enormous and growing ACORN scandal is not something he is "paying a lot of attention to"? And that the ACORN scandal is "not the biggest issue facing the country"? I beg to differ. I think a national organization that is dedicated to stealth revolution, Communism, ripping off the American taxpayer, and subverting free markets, among other insidious objectives, is of enormous import.

What exactly is Obama paying attention to? Nationalizing a perfectly good private health care system, the best on the world? Outreach to the ummah (the worldwide global Muslim community)?

What is he paying attention to? Mounting a Department of Justice witch hunt, a persecution of CIA agents whose crime was keeping us safe from the worldwide jihad in the immediate aftermath of 9/11? What's he paying attention to? Ethnically cleansing Israel of the Jewish people? Or facilitating a nuclear Iran? Sanctioning Islamic law there and snuffing out the people marching for freedom in Iran? Lest we forget his priority of crushing democracy in Honduras.

Barack Obama is ACORN. Mirror man is not interested in ACORN? John Fund says that Obama "carefully declined to say whether he would approve a federal cutoff of funds to the group," and that the President "took great pains to act as if he barely knew about Acorn. In fact, his association goes back almost 20 years. In 1991, he took time off from his law firm to run a voter-registration drive for Project Vote, an Acorn partner that was soon fully absorbed under the Acorn umbrella." His success in that drive led to the election of Democrat Senator Carol Moseley Braun, and made Obama "a hot commodity on the community organizing circuit. He became a top trainer at Acorn's Chicago conferences. In 1995, he became Acorn's attorney, participating in a landmark case to force the state of Illinois to implement the federal Motor Voter Law. That law's loose voter registration requirements would later be exploited by Acorn employees in an effort to flood voter rolls with fake names."

Newsmax reported in March that "more than half the voter registrations turned in by ACORN canvassers during the last election were not valid, according to testimony to be presented before a House Judiciary subcommittee."

This is madness. What this constitutes is a coup on the American electoral system, a usurpation of the will of the people: government by the people and for the people made into a sham. It's a government by the moochers and the looters, for the moochers and the looters, stolen from the good, hardworking Americans. And worse, the American people have sat by and let it happen. Obama's presidency is not an accident of history. It was a very deliberate assault by the hard left on the foundation of the greatest country in human history.

If we purged the illegals, the dead and the fraudulent from the voting rolls, this would be a different country, with honest leadership that reflected the real landscape of this great nation.

ACORN is a racketeering criminal organization whose specialty is sedition -- overthrowing the good governance of this great nation. Why hasn't it been stripped and rendered illegal like the Cosa Nostra? What's the difference, except that the mafia was patriotic?

Pamela Geller is the editor and publisher of the Atlas Shrugs Web site and former associate publisher of the New York Observer.

Frankly," said the President, "it's not something I've followed closely. This is not the biggest issue facing the country. It's not something I'm paying a lot of attention to."

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:
One of Barack Obama's jobs out of college was with ACORN as a community organizer. Obama hired ACORN affiliates for voter registration. Obama was a speaker at ACORN seminars. Obama was their lawyer.:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

One of Barack Obama's jobs out of college was with ACORN as a community organizer. Obama hired ACORN affiliates for voter registration. Obama was a speaker at ACORN seminars. Obama was their lawyer.:eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Other than Fox News....Nobody cares :eusa_hand:

Other than Fox News....Nobody cares :eusa_hand:

So nobody cares about Acorn getting federal funding while their employees advise on how to cheat on taxes with a underage prostitution ring? Nobody cares that Acorn is under indictment for voter registration fraud in several states? Nobody cares that taxpayer (yours and mine) money is being used to fund this organization? I'm not sure most people feel this way. On a bigger scale, it is a corrupt organization that will continue to be exposed and I am glad someone has the guts to do it. I think all federally funded organizations regardless of their political affiliation should be scrutinized. Do you disagree?

Forum List

Back