Obama, an Independent's View

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
What has he done? Well, he won a Nobel peace prize just before starting a bunch of wars. Okay that's nice.
He inherited the worst economic mess ever handed over to a president. Bummer dude. You wanted the job. Bush F-cked everything up and you had a chance to be a hero and fix it - even a little bit.
So what did he do to help the worst economic crisis ever transfered from one president to another? He spent eighteen months working on and then passing a health care bill that way SO bad, the only democrats who mentioned it in the mid-terms, were the ones who say "Hey, I didn't vote for that pice of sh-t!"
Brilliant.
Positives? Passed the repeal of DADT and got OBL. Kudos. But seriously, I would rather you had taken care of our country's economic crisis first. SO now we're all screwed. Thanks buddy.

If the GOP isn't stupid enough to put Bachmann, Paul or Eskimo Barbie on the ticket, I'm voting against you. You're just another suit...

What has he done? Well, he won a Nobel peace prize just before starting a bunch of wars. Okay that's nice.
He inherited the worst economic mess ever handed over to a president. Bummer dude. You wanted the job. Bush F-cked everything up and you had a chance to be a hero and fix it - even a little bit.
So what did he do to help the worst economic crisis ever transfered from one president to another? He spent eighteen months working on and then passing a health care bill that way SO bad, the only democrats who mentioned it in the mid-terms, were the ones who say "Hey, I didn't vote for that pice of sh-t!"
Brilliant.
Positives? Passed the repeal of DADT and got OBL. Kudos. But seriously, I would rather you had taken care of our country's economic crisis first. SO now we're all screwed. Thanks buddy.

If the GOP isn't stupid enough to put Bachmann, Paul or Eskimo Barbie on the ticket, I'm voting against you. You're just another suit...

Really, you didn't know he was nothing but an empty suit? Everyone I know that has any intelligence at all knew years ago. Just maybe your listening to the wrong people. You buy that Bush was responsible for what you claim was the worst economic crisis ever transferred........you don't give any blame to the imbeciles in Congress led by the Democrats? Hell, a good case could be made that O'Bama would never have had a chance if his people didn't put our country into a downward spiral upon getting elected in 2006....they just didn't realize that they wouldn't be able to fix what they had done. Before that, the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was less than 5%........ Bush was a seriously lame duck, what did he supposedly do to destroy an economy that was doing great up to the swearing in of a huge majority of Democrats in both the House and the Senate? Besides, that clown O'Bama spent 730,000,000 dollars of other peoples (Soros') money to buy the Presidency, he wanted the job and turned out to be a bigger dimwit than any of us imagined.
Don't ask don't tell, who gives a shit, you call that an accomplishment.:lol: And he didn't kill Osama, Navy Seals did and that clown takes credit even though he had to be brought fighting and screaming to even give the order. If it wasn't for Clinton slapping some sense into him with her much larger balls, O'Bama would have let it ride while commissioning multimillion dollar studies to determine what he should do. The guy is a loser, and he's turning our country into a bunch of losers as fast as he can.

Last edited:
Brilliant.

You're about as independent as I am a baggercon. Next.

I SO feel your pain, Independent Logic.

I'll add to your list of complains the JOKE that was the credit card reform PLUS three new FREE TRADE AGREEMENTS that Obama either already signed or is planning to sign to my growing list of peeves about this POTUS and his administration.

I am sympathetic with the fact that the POTUS only gets to sign bills drafted by Congress, but sadly, Obama AND the DEMCORATS are, as they have been for decades, failing to really take the necessary measures needed to revive this economy by protecting the middle class and its JOBS.

Last edited:
Brilliant.

He is an independent. But to a hack like you anyone who hasn't gulped the Kool Aid appears like a right winger.

Obama is in deep trouble with independents, who went for him heavily in '08. They wanted something different and Obama promised it. Additionally they had the warm fuzzies for electing the first black president in history.
Things didnt quite turn out that way. He has exhibited no leadership, outsourcing his policies to the Pelosi/Reid Democrats in Congress for the first 2 years, wagging his finger at the GOP for the next 2. He has failed to provide a winning strategy in Afghanistan and gotten into a big mess in Libya. Worst of all, he got a stimulus bill passed that he swore up adn down would keep unemployment below 8%. UE has been above 9% for most of his term. The economy is not recovering, in fact seems to be getting worse. He has failed to provide any leadership or even any proposals on the debt crisis. His own budget was voted down unanimously in the Senate.
His main success appears to be ordering other people to kill bad guys. That's a heck of an achievement to run on.

Brilliant.

CON2593-28.jpg

Obama is radioactive to Jews, Moderates and once we hammer home how he wanted to starve the elderly and drive them into destitution by withholding Social Security violating a Scared Trust, the seniors will vote against him in droves

Brilliant.

First, he inherited nothing, he ran knowing full well that the economy was screwed up, and convinced people that he knew more about how to fix it than McCain, who was honest enough to admit he doesn't understand economics. I bet McCain knows that tax cuts don't kill jobs though.

Second, the economy has been a lot worse than it is currently, or even what it was before the "Summer of recovery."

By the way, he has not repealed DADT, and has actually argued in court to keep it in place.

Brilliant.

Really, you didn't know he was nothing but an empty suit? Everyone I know that has any intelligence at all knew years ago. Just maybe your listening to the wrong people. You buy that Bush was responsible for what you claim was the worst economic crisis ever transferred........you don't give any blame to the imbeciles in Congress led by the Democrats? Hell, a good case could be made that O'Bama would never have had a chance if his people didn't put our country into a downward spiral upon getting elected in 2006....they just didn't realize that they wouldn't be able to fix what they had done. Before that, the stock market was over 14,000 and unemployment was less than 5%........ Bush was a seriously lame duck, what did he supposedly do to destroy an economy that was doing great up to the swearing in of a huge majority of Democrats in both the House and the Senate? Besides, that clown O'Bama spent 730,000,000 dollars of other peoples (Soros') money to buy the Presidency, he wanted the job and turned out to be a bigger dimwit than any of us imagined.
Don't ask don't tell, who gives a shit, you call that an accomplishment.:lol: And he didn't kill Osama, Navy Seals did and that clown takes credit even though he had to be brought fighting and screaming to even give the order. If it wasn't for Clinton slapping some sense into him with her much larger balls, O'Bama would have let it ride while commissioning multimillion dollar studies to determine what he should do. The guy is a loser, and he's turning our country into a bunch of losers as fast as he can.

Ah. A ConservaRepub drone who has all his thinking done for him by FOX. So I say Obama sucks and really hasn't done much but because I give him credit for ANYTHING at all, the extreme whackjobs assume I must be "One of them!". After all, if you don't agree with an extreme ConservaRepub on EVERYTHING, you're a Liberal. Got it.
Bush did catastrophic damage to the economy. You don't remember the GOP candidates flying back and forth to DC to help "save the country" so Bush could do his bailouts? Of course not. You don't remember the DOW being less than half of what it is now BEFORE Obama took office? Of course not. So yes, I blame Bush & The GOP for damaging the economy. I would cite specifically, their legislation that eliminated the penalties for shipping white collar jobs overseas (2001) and their legislation that deregulated the CMBS market (2004). I also blame Bush for ruining the party that I cast my first, second, third and 4th presidential votes for (Still amazed that Clinton beat Bush - the good one, not the idiot).
But I don't blame only Bush and the GOP. I blame Obama as well.
The difference between you and me is while you insult my intelligence and call me a Liberal because I don't drink the FOX kool-aid, hold the GOP Perfect in all ways and see Obama as so magically all-powerful, that you blame him for all of our problems. I see things objectively.
All presidents have their strengths and weakneses. This one has had mostly weaknesses.

You may now continue calling me a dumb liberal. It is expected of you. :laugh2:

Brilliant.

He is an independent. But to a hack like you anyone who hasn't gulped the Kool Aid appears like a right winger.

:rolleyes: LOL! I have been called a Con, and NeoCon and a RWer in the last two days. I've also been called a Liberal and a LWer in that same period!!!!

It's funny, the minute you don't completely agree with certain people, they instantly label you as the opposite of whatever their view is.

Brilliant.

Ah. A ConservaRepub drone who has all his thinking done for him by FOX. So I say Obama sucks and really hasn't done much but because I give him credit for ANYTHING at all, the extreme whackjobs assume I must be "One of them!". After all, if you don't agree with an extreme ConservaRepub on EVERYTHING, you're a Liberal. Got it.
Bush did catastrophic damage to the economy. You don't remember the GOP candidates flying back and forth to DC to help "save the country" so Bush could do his bailouts? Of course not. You don't remember the DOW being less than half of what it is now BEFORE Obama took office? Of course not. So yes, I blame Bush & The GOP for damaging the economy. I would cite specifically, their legislation that eliminated the penalties for shipping white collar jobs overseas (2001) and their legislation that deregulated the CMBS market (2004). I also blame Bush for ruining the party that I cast my first, second, third and 4th presidential votes for (Still amazed that Clinton beat Bush - the good one, not the idiot).
But I don't blame only Bush and the GOP. I blame Obama as well.
The difference between you and me is while you insult my intelligence and call me a Liberal because I don't drink the FOX kool-aid, hold the GOP Perfect in all ways and see Obama as so magically all-powerful, that you blame him for all of our problems. I see things objectively.
All presidents have their strengths and weakneses. This one has had mostly weaknesses.

You may now continue calling me a dumb liberal. It is expected of you. :laugh2:

Where did I call you a liberal? Where did I claim you were dumb?

Brilliant.

Obama didn't "inherit" the worst economic mess ever, he contributed to it. People love to blame Bush for the 2008 and beyond collapse, but they seem to forget that by then he was a lame duck with a Democrat Congress calling the shots. Spending and the national debt went up tremendously those last two years....and guess who was voting to spend in the Senate....the one and only Hussein.

Obama has no one but himself and his progressive friends to blame for "the mess he inherited".

His own track record proves that progressives have no intention of ever cutting spending.

Brilliant.

Obama didn't "inherit" the worst economic mess ever, he contributed to it. People love to blame Bush for the 2008 and beyond collapse, but they seem to forget that by then he was a lame duck with a Democrat Congress calling the shots. Spending and the national debt went up tremendously those last two years....and guess who was voting to spend in the Senate....the one and only Hussein.

Obama has no one but himself and his progressive friends to blame for "the mess he inherited".

His own track record proves that progressives have no intention of ever cutting spending.

Well I was the one who started this by making it clear how unimpressed I am with Obama. So it's odd that I disagree with you on this but I do.
Bush had the WH, Senate and House and let's take a look at what happened. He spent like a drunken sailor his first year in office. That's right his first year. He also signed the legislation that eliminated the taxes / penalties for sending white collar jobs overseas (remember it was right about ten years ago, when you heard Raja on the other end of tech support). The he signed the act deregulating the Commercial Mortgage Backed Securities market and allowing credit swaps. So what Clinton made bad, Bush made "nukuler". A bank can survive a foreclosure or even a dozen of them. But ten thousand of them bundled together as "fully insured" (the term that was now legally given to sub-prime mortgage bundles)? That brought the roof down.
Obama was less than two months away from the election, when he was given these little gems of news. Oops! So what should he have done? Say "Well folks, let's just let the guys who set all this up, keep doing what they're doing!". Turn down the presidency? I mean, JEEZUS.
Buuut as an Independent, do I hold Obama harmless? Of course not. He's screwed up big time. But that doesn't mean he didn't inherit a clusterfvck. He did. He knew the sh1t had hit the fan and that he should have focused on one thing and one thing only, the moment he got into office: The Economy. Screw Iraq. Screw the disaster called Obamacare. We didn't need a healthcare bill then. We needed someone who would take decisive action to help the economy. We didn't get it. We got another suit. No change.

Forum List

Back