Obama 'amused' by Tea Parties

3) My point was that it would be nice if a politician treated his opposition as if they were human. You know... the Golden Rule?

Immie

Because the comparisons between this health care bill and Dachau are a great way to show you treat your opposition with such humility. :eusa_eh:

I think the tea partiers are pretty amusing. Especially when Palin speaks at one.

Fun to watch overweight 50 year old guys swoon like teeners at a concert.

3) My point was that it would be nice if a politician treated his opposition as if they were human. You know... the Golden Rule?

Immie

Because the comparisons between this health care bill and Dachau are a great way to show you treat your opposition with such humility. :eusa_eh:

And does that change anything about what I said?

It would be a breath of fresh air if we actually elected a person that was above such petty BS regardless of the opposition.

Immie

And does that change anything about what I said?

It would be a breath of fresh air if we actually elected a person that was above such petty BS regardless of the opposition.

Immie

Well I don't know, can we vote for robots? :eusa_whistle: :lol:

Are you accusing me of comparing the two?

Immie

Nope, I'm merely saying that the tea parties don't very treat Obama like a human being.

I can't very well say whether they do or not as I have only seen one clip (today I might add) from a Tea Party speech. I was not impressed by the rhetoric.

I might agree with some of the points they would like to bring about, but from what I have read, I'm not a big fan of their movement. They don't seem to want to bring about their issues. What I see that they want is to bring about a GOP victory ASAP as if that was going to bring a solution to the issues.

Immie

I can't very well say whether they do or not as I have only seen one clip (today I might add) from a Tea Party speech. I was not impressed by the rhetoric.

I might agree with some of the points they would like to bring about, but from what I have read, I'm not a big fan of their movement. They don't seem to want to bring about their issues. What I see that they want is to bring about a GOP victory ASAP as if that was going to bring a solution to the issues.

Immie

That's my point. If taxes are at their lowest point in sixty years federally, and most corporations don't even pay taxes than why the complaints?

There is no logical reason to be complaining about taxes to Obama.

Like I said previously, they are a arm for the GOP who do not want to confront and admit their positions on social issues because that will be the thing that drives a crowbar like burden through the movement. Christian Conservatives and Goldwater Conservatives do not get along.

When I look at what Obama has done:

Saved the economy

health care for Americans

working to regulate Wall Street

Tax breaks for middle class

working for affordable eduction

Then I see what Republicans want to do.

Move all of the tax burden from the rich to the middle class

two wars (one the US had to be "tricked" into)

anti education

secession

threatened violence

No wonder the right hates Obama. He is standing between them and their plan to ruin America. What a bunch of jerks.

It's a shame the president can't be a real leader and step up with an acknowledgment of their concerns...I mean, how hard would it be for him to make one simple symbolic unifying statement on tax day?

"Hey fellow citizens of the Tea Party, I hear your concerns and we're working hard to find rational solutions to these complex issues!"
:thup:

God forbid! :doubt:

Well, when their "concern" consists of being angry about his race, why should he acknowledge their concerns?

Are you accusing me of comparing the two?

Immie

Nope, I'm merely saying that the tea parties don't very treat Obama like a human being.

Immie

Do you believe the Obama Administration has been good for America? For Americans? Do you agree with the almost fanatical focus on taking control of more and more American enterprise? Demonizing the Bush Admnistration, Wall Street, Tea Partiers, and conservative media while never even mentioning union graft, Fannie Mae, Freddic Mac, or the irresponsible lending policies, pushed by government, that created the mess in the first place? Do you agree with the socialization of health care? With amnesty for illegal immigrants? With the federal government taking control of school curriculum? With the pending Cap and Trade legislation that will be the largest tax ever imposed on a people along with all the other negatives inherent in that including putting some of America's sovereignty under international control? Do you approve policies that ignore trillians of dollars of deficits in an effort to 'spend ourselves rich'?

The Tea Partiers seem to be switching their emphasis from an completely independent focus--one that would have insured Democrat majorities for decades more--to reforming the GOP which is our best chance to get around an Administration and Congress that is deaf to our concerns and stop this disastrous runaway train in its tracks.

However bad the GOP has been which has been very bad, they currently are guilty of promoting none of that stuff and currently are on record as opposing it all. We cannot possibly be worse off though I hope we are replacing liberal democrats with true conservatives in the process.

What did you hear from the Tea Partiers that you didn't like?

They are pretty funny, I especially like the creative signs. Their kids could probably come up with better slogans.

I hope he finds us funny in November.

Republicans voting for Republicans? I'm sure he'll be shocked.

Yes most Republicans will vote for mostly Republicans just as most Democrats will vote for mostly Democrats. That is nothing new.

But as more people now identify themselves as Independents rather than as Republican or Democrat, elections will be won or lost there. And the Independents make up a substantial percentage of the Tea Party effort.

The Independents did lean toward Obama as they believed his impassioned campaign rhetoric. A lot of those folks now know they were duped. They won't be so easily fooled again.

Last edited:
43% of Tea Partiers are Independents. Given that approximately 40% of voters self-identify as Independent, this shift is going to change the political landscape.

I hope he finds us funny in November.

Republicans voting for Republicans? I'm sure he'll be shocked.

Yes most Republicans will vote for mostly Republicans just as most Democrats will vote for mostly Democrats. That is nothing new.

But as more people now identify themselves as Independents rather than as Republican or Democrat, elections will be won or lost there. And the Independents make up a substantial percentage of the Tea Party effort.

The Independents did lean toward Obama as they believed his impassioned campaign rhetoric. A lot of those folks now know they were duped. They won't be so easily fooled again.

Independents are not a significant part of the Tea Party movement. A sizable chunk of them call themselves independents, but when you drill down into the numbers, it's very clear that many of these so-called independents are Republicans who are choosing to not call themselves that for some reason.

43% of Tea Partiers are Independents. Given that approximately 40% of voters self-identify as Independent, this shift is going to change the political landscape.

They are not representive of the population.
66% of them say they always or usually vote Republican (compared to 28% of the general population).
73% describe themselves as somewhat or very conservative (compared to 34% of the general population).

Without the independent vote, Obama would not have won in 2008. He's losing their support, which is why the Left is engaged in Shrieking Demonizing of the Tea Partiers.

Without the independent vote, Obama would not have won in 2008. He's losing their support, which is why the Left is engaged in Shrieking Demonizing of the Tea Partiers.

Except these people aren't true independents. They're party-line Republicans who refuse to admit it, for some reason.

Forum List

Back