Obama already back pedaling on deficit agreement

Good.

Cutting Social Security debt payments is not a good way to deal with the deficit.

That money is owed to the American people and given the current state of economy, getting money into the hands of people who need it (and who will spend it) serves those people AND the greater economy.

Good.

Cutting Social Security debt payments is not a good way to deal with the deficit.

That money is owed to the American people and given the current state of economy, getting money into the hands of people who need it (and who will spend it) serves those people AND the greater economy.

I'm sure that will make the crack dealers richer. Now if only the crack dealers would BUY new cars instead of stealing them.....

Good.

I agree. Social Security is already paying out more in claims than it takes in.

We need to fix the social security system by raising the retirement age to 68 and by removing the cap on income or by raising it significantly. Starving the system of cash after losing 9 million jobs seems as ridiculous to me as another round of failed Stimulus.

I also think any effort to update Social Security will require government to incorporate some measure of choice, and that means some form of privately managed account. Government is not your mommy, the sooner people realize that the better off they will be. If you are counting on Social Security to live on in Retirement, you are going to live a very meager existence.

Good.

I agree. Social Security is already paying out more in claims than it takes in.

We need to fix the social security system by raising the retirement age to 68 and by removing the cap on income or by raising it significantly. Starving the system of cash after losing 9 million jobs seems as ridiculous to me as another round of failed Stimulus.

I also think any effort to update Social Security will require government to incorporate some measure of choice, and that means some form of privately managed account. Government is not your mommy, the sooner people realize that the better off they will be. If you are counting on Social Security to live on in Retirement, you are going to live a very meager existence.

If anything we ought to be REDUCING the age to retirement as productivity continues to increase.

Of course the fact that our worker now compete against 3rd world wages makes that sort of bloody impossible.

Forum List

Back