Obama Allows Muslim Garb; It begins....*

chesswarsnow

"SASQUATCH IS WATCHING"
Dec 9, 2007
Fort Worth, Texas
Sorry bout that,

1. I know you are incapable of seeing whats happening.
2. Most don't see it.
3. Defense department is going to allow muslim hijabs.
4. This is the second*Pearl Harbor* but, within the military.
LINK:Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs – The Religion World – Orlando Sentinel

”I have been asked to respond on behalf of the Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta to your October 13, 2011 letter concerning Miss Demin Zawity’s request to wear a religious head covering (hijab) while participating in an Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) event at Ravenwood High School.

“Based on your concerns, the Army has reviewed its JROTC uniform policy and will develop appropriate procedures to provide Cadets the opportunity to request the wear of religious head dress, such as the turban and hijab. This change will allow Miss Zawity and other students the chance to fully participate in the JROTC program. Additionally, a representative from the U.S. Army Cadet Command will contact Miss Zawity and provide her the opportunity to rejoin the Ravenwood High School JROTC unit."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
My god. It'll be a fashion holocaust, they'll never get the hijabs to match with those snazzy fit uniforms!

Sorry bout that,

1 I might bother to explain it to you, but I don't think you would get it even then.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Frankly, the military is one of the few places where individuality should not be considered, period.

Sorry bout that,

Frankly, the military is one of the few places where individuality should not be considered, period.

1. ^ almost gets it.:D

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I assure you, I do get it. Not just almost. The military is no place to make individual concessions. The military is a singular unit with one purpose. It's not a color pallette for an artist making pretty pictures, but a unit with the singular purpose of doing its job. I'd feel the exact same way if any soldier of any religious persuasion was demanding special treatment with regards to his/her belief system.

FYI this isn't affecting our active duty military one iota.

This is a high schooler being allowed to wear the head scarf. Not anyone enlisted in the armed forces. the DoD sets the guidelines as to what is acceptable in JROTC in high schools. They decided it was OK for non-enlisted, and presumably minor, students to wear it.

Carry on.

It applies to JROTC......can they wear them to the prom too?

Sorry bout that,

FYI this isn't affecting our active duty military one iota.

This is a high schooler being allowed to wear the head scarf. Not anyone enlisted in the armed forces. the DoD sets the guidelines as to what is acceptable in JROTC in high schools. They decided it was OK for non-enlisted, and presumably minor, students to wear it.

Carry on.

1. ^ does not get it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

So a young teenage girl being allowed to wear hijab at her high school JROTC program is equal to Pearl Harbor??

Dude you are one paranoid psycho lunatic. :lol: :cuckoo:

1. ^ traitor, does get it, and is working to get more of same.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

So a young teenage girl being allowed to wear hijab at her high school JROTC program is equal to Pearl Harbor??

Dude you are one paranoid psycho lunatic. :lol: :cuckoo:

1. ^ traitor, does get it, and is working to get more of same.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

High School kids wearing hijab...

Who do you go after next? Cub Scouts?

Muslim Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops Grow in Popularity Nationwide

Muslim Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops belong to the national Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts of the USA organizations but are sponsored by mosques and Islamic centers and have exclusively Muslim membership. The troops allow children to learn about their religion and culture and meet other kids from similar backgrounds. The troops mix traditional scout activities with ones that are designed specifically for Muslim children.

In addition to the Islamic education offered by the scout troops there are practical reasons for establishing all-Muslim troops. In Minneapolis the benefits of an all-Muslim Girl Scout Troop presented themselves during a camping trip. Because the girls all wear the hijab (head scarf) the troop leader knew to reserve a private swimming area where the girls could remove their scarves to swim. The troop leader also bought halal marshmallows to make S'Mores. These important details might get overlooked if a Muslim girl were in a predominantly non-Muslim troop.

Research Report

Muslim Boy Scout and Girl Scout Troops Grow in Popularity Nationwide

Muslim Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops belong to the national Boy Scouts of America and Girl Scouts of the USA organizations but are sponsored by mosques and Islamic centers and have exclusively Muslim membership. The troops allow children to learn about their religion and culture and meet other kids from similar backgrounds. The troops mix traditional scout activities with ones that are designed specifically for Muslim children.

In addition to the Islamic education offered by the scout troops there are practical reasons for establishing all-Muslim troops. In Minneapolis the benefits of an all-Muslim Girl Scout Troop presented themselves during a camping trip. Because the girls all wear the hijab (head scarf) the troop leader knew to reserve a private swimming area where the girls could remove their scarves to swim. The troop leader also bought halal marshmallows to make S'Mores. These important details might get overlooked if a Muslim girl were in a predominantly non-Muslim troop.

Research Report

Damn Obama

Army Regulation 670-1 (2005):
Soldiers may wear religious headgear while in uniform if the headgear meets the following criteria.

• It must be subdued in color (black, brown, green, dark or navy blue, or a combination of these colors).
  • It must be of a style and size that can be completely covered by standard military headgear, and it cannot interfere with the proper wear or functioning of protective clothing or equipment.
  • The headgear cannot bear any writing, symbols, or pictures.
  • Personnel will not wear religious headgear in place of military headgear when military headgear is required (outdoors, or indoors when required for duties or ceremonies).

Army Regulation 670-1 (2005):
Soldiers may wear religious headgear while in uniform if the headgear meets the following criteria.

• It must be subdued in color (black, brown, green, dark or navy blue, or a combination of these colors).
  • It must be of a style and size that can be completely covered by standard military headgear, and it cannot interfere with the proper wear or functioning of protective clothing or equipment.
  • The headgear cannot bear any writing, symbols, or pictures.
  • Personnel will not wear religious headgear in place of military headgear when military headgear is required (outdoors, or indoors when required for duties or ceremonies).

Sorry to say this, but ChessWarsNow and the other neocons were also equally fearmongering the rest of us about Bush bringing Sharia Law to the U.S. I remember in 2005 when everyone was having a meltdown about Muslims being allowed to take over because of Bush.

Right everyone?

Sorry bout that,

1. I know you are incapable of seeing whats happening.
2. Most don't see it.
LINK:Defense department agrees to allow Muslim cadets to wear hijabs – The Religion World – Orlando Sentinel

”I have been asked to respond on behalf of the Secretary of Defense Leon E. Panetta to your October 13, 2011 letter concerning Miss Demin Zawity’s request to wear a religious head covering (hijab) while participating in an Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) event at Ravenwood High School.

“Based on your concerns, the Army has reviewed its JROTC uniform policy and will develop appropriate procedures to provide Cadets the opportunity to request the wear of religious head dress, such as the turban and hijab. This change will allow Miss Zawity and other students the chance to fully participate in the JROTC program. Additionally, a representative from the U.S. Army Cadet Command will contact Miss Zawity and provide her the opportunity to rejoin the Ravenwood High School JROTC unit."

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..."

In an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified

:rofl:

Forum List

Back