Obama: Alleged 9/11 leader will be executed"

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
Obama: Alleged 9/11 leader will be executed"

"WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama on Wednesday predicted that professed Sept. 11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed will be convicted and executed, as U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder testified in the Senate to defend the strategy of civilian trials for the alleged Sept. 11 plotters.

In an interview with NBC News, Obama said those offended by the legal privileges given to Mohammed by virtue of getting a civilian trial rather than a military tribunal won't find it "offensive at all when he's convicted and when the death penalty is applied to him."

Obama: Alleged 9/11 leader will be executed - Security- msnbc.com

Lets see, since all evidence directly or indirectly gathered from the "interviews" in Gitmo will be inadmissible, I'm kind of curious what they will use against him.

What the right doesn't understand is that by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, being convicted in a civilian court, he can't claim that he was a "warrior" for God. He can't be a martyr.

Showing the world the cowardly act of killing thousands of innocent people gives a black eye to al Qaeda to the rest of the Muslim world.

As long as he was being "tortured" (I can't believe he was water-boarded 183 times - what would be the purpose after the first three?) by the Bush administration and the Republicans, he was a rallying cry.

Being tried in a civilian court by those he harmed takes away his "status" and shows him to be just another evil religious extremist. As it we haven't already seen plenty of those.

Why is the right so afraid of our justice system? Of our laws? You want to really help al Qaeda? Send them videos of conservatives cowering in fear and terror at what Bin Laden might do next. That would definitely inspire them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey booth, get him on a parking ticket, turn him loose in the general population , probem solved

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was, and most likely still is, willing to accept a military court, plead guilty and submit to execution. A civilian court has some degree of risk in the verdict, may put court personnel and the public at risk and cost a large sum of money. There is a different agenda afoot here.

Classic Obama, "we will find him guilty (Mohammed) and execute him." That ever so American ideal of innocent until proven guilty went where? Sounds like a kangaroo court to me. Law must not have been Obama's strong suit in college.

What the right doesn't understand is that by Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, being convicted in a civilian court, he can't claim that he was a "warrior" for God. He can't be a martyr.

Showing the world the cowardly act of killing thousands of innocent people gives a black eye to al Qaeda to the rest of the Muslim world.

As long as he was being "tortured" (I can't believe he was water-boarded 183 times - what would be the purpose after the first three?) by the Bush administration and the Republicans, he was a rallying cry.

Being tried in a civilian court by those he harmed takes away his "status" and shows him to be just another evil religious extremist. As it we haven't already seen plenty of those.

Why is the right so afraid of our justice system? Of our laws? You want to really help al Qaeda? Send them videos of conservatives cowering in fear and terror at what Bin Laden might do next. That would definitely inspire them.

The stupidity of this post is to overwhelming to repsond to.

He will still be a martyr to many regardless of the court used. Sending women into markets with bombs attached isn't viewed as cowardly, this will have hero status. When his defense attorney brings up torture, he will be a rallying cry again, just before he becomes a martyr.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was, and most likely still is, willing to accept a military court, plead guilty and submit to execution. A civilian court has some degree of risk in the verdict, may put court personnel and the public at risk and cost a large sum of money. There is a different agenda afoot here.

Classic Obama, "we will find him guilty (Mohammed) and execute him." That ever so American ideal of innocent until proven guilty went where? Sounds like a kangaroo court to me. Law must not have been Obama's strong suit in college.

Obama was trying to put to rest the fear of the right. They have so many. They are afraid of everything.

Obama was trying to put to rest the fear of the right. They have so many. They are afraid of everything.

More like trying to justify the stupidity of his Attorney General and himself.

Where to start. Well, how about you look up the word Martyr. Then maybe Warrior. Do you have any idea how many martyrs were killed after being "convicted" of crimes? I mean even Jesus Christ was executed as a criminal. Has His message been rejected because of it?

Yeah, cause flying airplanes into buildings didnt hurt Al Qaedas image, but a mock trial will.

You've got to be freaking kidding me. Youre somehow going to argue that allegedly being tortured somehow provides a rallying point for the world despite him planning mass murder.

Again, this is completely ridiculous.

Afraid? I dont know. Compromising national security for cheap political points seems like a good reason to be concerned. Watching our justice mocked with a phoney trial is another one.

You seem to know an awful lot about how terrorists think. Why is that?

Forum List

Back