Obama: All this darned media is putting “pressure” on our democracy

Yet, he's right. You're a fucking birther for christ's sake.

Only because so many people, like his own Grandmother, keep saying he was born in Kenya
The one who doesn't speak english? And you believe her over his American family because???

Oh yea, I already know. You hate him so "of course! he's Kenyan. SEE! His Grammy said it!"

Whatever passes for logic for you is fine by me, but it does prove his statement y'all are whining about. Your idiocy-spreading puts a strain on the Democracy, it's exactly as he said. Look at..........................yourself, for an example. Obama's Hitler, don't forget. You probably can't wait until he opens Concentration Camps and kills Millions to prove your point. You're a sick fuck, guy. Seek help.

Crusader don't fall for his tactic.

He KNOWS Obama is indefensible on this subject so he is trying to change the subjet and put YOU on the defensive.

This is a common tactic of liberals.

Don't fall for it.

The subject is Obama's admitted inability to deal with a democracy full of free speech and press.

And apparently GT has the same problem.

:lol::lol::lol:

This message board is proof enough that he's right.

People come running with faked stories from WND, MM, etc. and come spread them as Gospel, and of course the more misinformed people are, the more strained the Democracy(Republic?) is. It's not rocket science.

In other words GT agrees with Obama that there is just too darn much freedom of speech and press.

Boo freaking hoo!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The president said no such thing and implied no such thing. He was however, lamenting the dishonesty of much that you see around the 'new media'. Your post would be a perfect example.

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

Helloooooooooooooooooooooo, that would mean all of liberalism is not "protected speech" because all they do is lie, including Obama would cut our taxes and global warming is our biggest threat.

HEY, I think the Obama hatred has gone too far and IS hurting our country, and I think the whining little twits that make crap up just to get their obamaramadrama allocation in for the day ARE hurting our country....

Free speech is free speech and protected by the constitution if you are not lying....but if you are lying or not telling the whole truth, it is NOT protected speech....just in case you all did not know that....

Exactly.

I don't know how these people even go through life. I assume they don't believe their own fucking shit. If they did, their bags would be packed by now.

Pussies, in a word. Fucking pussies.

If I listened to their shit under Clinton, when I was in Middle school, I'd think I would be DOOMED!! by now.

They've raved on and on, but I still have a good life. I'm waiting, but I can't seem to find my Hitler-style Armageddon.

Boy!!!!!!!!! The liberals are getting FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

I mean they can't believe we haven't all turned into liberals by now under the "awe" of their messiah Obama Hussein Obama, MMMM, MMMM, MMMMM!

They are so FURIOUS that we DARE to still practice freedom of speech and thought in DEFIANCE of their glorious leader.

You can just read and feel the rage from here.

It's too funny!!!!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, this is about the tenth thread here on this; who still wants to claim that the wingnuts don't get marching orders from wingnut central?

Who still wants to argue that liberals don't even read the op before using THEIR MARCHING ORDERS against conservative sites???

I mean I don't even USE WMD as a source, but does that stop liberal morons?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

They say more about themselves than the op.

Get to the larger issue.

Is our access to information a distraction or in reality is it empowering the people too much for government to accept.

It certainly is not Obama's or any politician's job to tell us what information is relevant is it?

no, it is not within the government's powers to do such....but it is within Obama's rights to say what he thinks to be true.

Just as president Bush and Cheney bashed the media continually.

You HOPE it is not within the government's powers.... what exactly is 'net neutrality' if not an effort to control information?

The one who doesn't speak english? And you believe her over his American family because???

Oh yea, I already know. You hate him so "of course! he's Kenyan. SEE! His Grammy said it!"

Whatever passes for logic for you is fine by me, but it does prove his statement y'all are whining about. Your idiocy-spreading puts a strain on the Democracy, it's exactly as he said. Look at..........................yourself, for an example. Obama's Hitler, don't forget. You probably can't wait until he opens Concentration Camps and kills Millions to prove your point. You're a sick fuck, guy. Seek help.

Hey Doc, do you see how much in common there is between Obama and Hitler? Just fucking take a look! It's not stuff I made up, it's there!!

Ok, and you probably enjoy the same music as Manson. Does that make you a serial killer, pea-brain?

Marilyn Manson is a serial killer???????

:eusa_eh:

Yes, I know the idiot was talking about Charles Manson. I just like to watch him lose his temper.

Exactly.

I don't know how these people even go through life. I assume they don't believe their own fucking shit. If they did, their bags would be packed by now.

Pussies, in a word. Fucking pussies.

If I listened to their shit under Clinton, when I was in Middle school, I'd think I would be DOOMED!! by now.

They've raved on and on, but I still have a good life. I'm waiting, but I can't seem to find my Hitler-style Armageddon.

Boy!!!!!!!!! The liberals are getting FRUSTRATED!!!!!!!!!

I mean they can't believe we haven't all turned into liberals by now under the "awe" of their messiah Obama Hussein Obama, MMMM, MMMM, MMMMM!

They are so FURIOUS that we DARE to still practice freedom of speech and thought in DEFIANCE of their glorious leader.

You can just read and feel the rage from here.

It's too funny!!!!!!!!

Stop me when I'm supposed to care what an obsessed with her jealousy of Obama, enraged internet bitch with Smileys terrets........................thinks! Thanks! I'll be chillen :cool:

"...a 24/7 media environment that bombards us with all kinds of content and exposes us to all kinds of arguments, some of which don’t always rank that high on the truth meter...."

The president is complaining about dishonesty in the media, and the rightwingers turn it into 1) some hairbrained rant against their free speech rights 2) a mocking of the president for lamenting that dishonesty.

Calm down, conservatives. No one is going to take away your right to lie.

Well, this is about the tenth thread here on this; who still wants to claim that the wingnuts don't get marching orders from wingnut central?

Who still wants to argue that liberals don't even read the op before using THEIR MARCHING ORDERS against conservative sites???

I mean I don't even USE WMD as a source, but does that stop liberal morons?

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

They say more about themselves than the op.

All I did was point out that the OP either didn't read his own link, or LIED about it. He can come back and defend himself any way he wants. That's HIS right.

Get to the larger issue.

Is our access to information a distraction or in reality is it empowering the people too much for government to accept.

It certainly is not Obama's or any politician's job to tell us what information is relevant is it?

It's actually not a big fucking deal what his opinion is on what the info. overload age is doing, so long as he's not legislating that opinion. Run and hide under the covers though.

Also, he's exactly right. Look at Frank.

Yeah, because those of you who were still in Middle School when Clinton was president are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much schmarter than those of us who were in Middle School when Ford was president. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh gee, I wish I had your political "experience" and acumen. I only remember Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama.

Why you remember what? The last three presidents, right?

Gee can you explain politics to us again, please????????????????

Get to the larger issue.

It's actually not a big fucking deal what his opinion is on what the info. overload age is doing, so long as he's not legislating that opinion. Run and hide under the covers though.

Yeah, because those of you who were still in Middle School when Clinton was president are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much schmarter than those of us who were in Middle School when Ford was president. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh gee, I wish I had your political "experience" and acumen. I only remember Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Obama.

Why you remember what? The last three presidents, right?

Gee can you explain politics to us again, please????????????????

I wouldn't really ask for that, if I were you. I mean, you are seriously dumb. Your age isn't going to help that. You also waste way too much text, saying way too little. Did you miss your nap?

Get to the larger issue.

no, it is not within the government's powers to do such....but it is within Obama's rights to say what he thinks to be true.

Give me a quote of Bush and Cheney saying there was too much freedom of speech and information.

Because I can tell you the last president that made that whine about too much freedom of speech and press--IT WAS CLINTON. It is in the nature of liberalism that they have problems with real freedom, because at heart they are statists and totalitarians.

But go ahead and knock yourself out finding that quote.

So then why is his administration pushing to make the internet a public utility thereby allowing more governmental control over it?

I haven't read up on the subject, the theory behind it, the positives and the negatives, the actual plan, etc.

Of course you haven't. You are an Obamamite. You are too busying thinking you are so smart because you went to Middle School under Clinton.

Boy we can see what you learned under Goals 2000 can't we?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Seems to be a contradiction coming from such a "smart" man.

I never said he was smart.

I don't see it as a contradiction, as it was not a contradiction for the Bush admin to speak out against the LIBERAL MEDIA as they continually did do....

have you really forgotten this crap? Was it an issue THEN for you?

Well you keep claiming that, but I'm waiting for the quotes of Bush or Cheney saying there was "TOO MUCH INFORMATION" aka too much freedom of speech/press.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're all growed up, and you come on the internet and post threads (read: insane rants with smileys terrets) paranoid about how the Government is going to control your life. They're STILL coming for you!

I'm 28, and my life's pretty fucking good which is my own fault. My own hard work.

Get some personal responsibility at your age, for fuck's sake. If you had it, you wouldn't spend so much time and insecurity about how the gubbamint's gunna RUN YOU! OH NOES!

I think you should switch to home gardening forums or something. You don't seem healthy for your age, at all. smilies X13 !

I haven't read up on the subject, the theory behind it, the positives and the negatives, the actual plan, etc.
FOXNews.com - The FCC Goes for the Nuclear Option
In its effort to imposing crippling net neutrality regulations on the Internet—an idea with very little support from the American public or Congress—the Obama administration first turned to the FCC simply to pretend Congress has given it authority to regulate.

That effort suffered a major setback when the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals emphatically smacked down the FCC’s regulatory proposals in Comcast v. FCC. President Obama and his close friend and FCC chairman Julius Genachowski, however, refuse to back down. Instead they’re escalating to the regulatory equivalent of a nuclear attack on the free-market Internet: Chairman Genachowski will announce today his intention to reclassify broadband Internet as an old-fashioned telephone system as a pretext for pervasive regulatory control.

Governmental control over the free flow of information reason enough to oppose this particular power grab.

And please don't let the fact that I linked to Fox news be your counterpoint. It was the first link that came up on Google.

It's not that it's FOX, it's that it's an Opinion piece. Another reason Obama's right, sheesh. You just linked me to an opinion piece when I said I haven't studied up on this subject. Hoping you don't consider this studying up, is all.

All he did was cite his spin on Events that happened. In order for me to form an opinion, I'd have to read on this shit for an hour or more to accurately pinpoint what it's all about and not simply divulge into what my inner rhetoritician tells me. That's just propoganda.

As IF anything you read/watch in the liberal media is anything BUT opinion pieces?????? :lol::lol::lol:

All you are telling us, is you don't want to hear it, UNLESS it has the spin YOU want to hear.

So, absolutely. You agree with Obama there is too much freedom of speech/and press, because with that freedom comes people with the temerity to DARE publish pieces that run counter to Obama's lies, er I mean propaganda.

As least in the conservative media they are honest enough to run them as opinion pieces instead of pretending they are "hard news" like the liberal media.

This message board is proof enough that he's right.

People come running with faked stories from WND, MM, etc. and come spread them as Gospel, and of course the more misinformed people are, the more strained the Democracy(Republic?) is. It's not rocket science.

In other words GT agrees with Obama that there is just too darn much freedom of speech and press.

Boo freaking hoo!

oh yes, that's totally right! You go girl, you go! *pats on back*

In other words I have his number. He does agree with Obama, but he's mad I'm pointing it out.

FOXNews.com - The FCC Goes for the Nuclear Option

Governmental control over the free flow of information reason enough to oppose this particular power grab.

And please don't let the fact that I linked to Fox news be your counterpoint. It was the first link that came up on Google.

It's not that it's FOX, it's that it's an Opinion piece. Another reason Obama's right, sheesh. You just linked me to an opinion piece when I said I haven't studied up on this subject. Hoping you don't consider this studying up, is all.

All he did was cite his spin on Events that happened. In order for me to form an opinion, I'd have to read on this shit for an hour or more to accurately pinpoint what it's all about and not simply divulge into what my inner rhetoritician tells me. That's just propoganda.

As IF anything you read/watch in the liberal media is anything BUT opinion pieces?????? :lol::lol::lol:

All you are telling us, is you don't want to hear it, UNLESS it has the spin YOU want to hear.

So, absolutely. You agree with Obama there is too much freedom of speech/and press, because with that freedom comes people with the temerity to DARE publish pieces that run counter to Obama's lies, er I mean propaganda.

As least in the conservative media they are honest enough to run them as opinion pieces instead of pretending they are "hard news" like the liberal media.

Yah, I mean except if you had the reading comprehension of a normal person your age and not my age when I WAS in Middle School (although, I shouldn't diss myself like that:eek:)................you'd realize that Obama was not at issue with the free flow of information at all. He was speaking on the negative effects of misinformation. Read: lies.

Forum List

Back