Obama: "Afghanistan is a war of necessity"

PatekPhilippe

Jul 30, 2009
Sasebo Japan
March 2009 Obama delivers major speech on Afghanistan strategy.

"Good morning. Today, I am announcing a comprehensive, new strategy for Afghanistan and Pakistan.

This marks the conclusion of a careful policy review that I ordered as soon as I took office. My Administration has heard from our military commanders and diplomats. We have consulted with the Afghan and Pakistani governments; with our partners and NATO allies; and with other donors and international organizations. And we have also worked closely with members of Congress here at home.......
OK. Good.

Now listen to this remark Obama just made the other day on Stephanopoulous.

OBAMA: Here's what I think. When we came in, basically, there had been drift in our Afghan strategy. Everybody acknowledges that. And I ordered a top to bottom review. The most important thing I wanted was us to refocus on why we're there. We're there because al Qaeda killed 3,000 Americans and we cannot allow extremists who want to do violence to the United States to be able to operate with impunity.

Now, I think we've lost -- we lost that focus for a while and you started seeing a -- a classic case of mission creep where we're just there and we start taking on a whole bunch of different missions.

Uhhhhh....lost focus? WHILE AMERICAN SOLDIERS ARE DYING you lost focus.....FUCKING ASSHOLE!!!

Then there's this!!!!!

White House officials say the president stands by the comments he made at the weekend when he told talk shows that he is hesitant to escalate the numbers of troops in Afghanistan but agrees that a new strategy is required to combat the Taliban and al-Qaida.

"Until I'm satisfied that we've got the right strategy, I'm not going to be sending some young man or woman over there beyond what we already have," he said.

The president said that if a new counter-insurgency strategy can be shown to be effective "then we'll move forward.

Obama's March 2009 strategy is a failure....who would have guessed that?

Uhhhh..WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU AND YOUR LIBTARD OVERSEAS CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS CABINET BEEN DOING FOR THE LAST 6 MONTHS!!!!!!!! You sure as fuck haven't been looking out for the troops who are there now...NO STRATEGY....A FAILED STRATEGY is all you have to show for 6 months and 200 billion dollars.....yeah...that's change.

Last edited:
Obama is no warfighter, and under his leadership we are losing Afghanistan.

McChrystal troops request shelved pending review | Reuters

KABUL/WASHINGTON, Sept 26 (Reuters) - The commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Afghanistan has submitted a request for more troops, a spokesman said on Saturday, but the Pentagon will hold it while President Barack Obama decides what strategy to pursue.

General Stanley McChrystal hand delivered his long-awaited request to U.S. Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen and NATO's Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Admiral James Stavridis, said spokesman Lieutenant-Colonel Tadd Sholtis.

"At the end of that meeting General McChrystal did provide a copy of the force requirements to Admiral Mullen on the U.S. side and Admiral Stavridis on the NATO side," Sholtis said after McChrystal returned from the meeting at an air base in Germany.

In a bleak assessment prepared last month and leaked to the media in recent days, McChrystal wrote that his mission would likely fail if he is not given reinforcements for his force, now more than 100,000 strong, including about 63,000 Americans.

General McChrystal: "I need more troops, now! Do or die, Mr. President."

Obama: "Go away, I'm too busy giving speeches on TV to care."

My friends in Afghanistan have low enough morale as it is...

Last edited:
He's 'above' Victory. Even Sarkozy is alarmed:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD6nMxYcmjE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Obama On Iran: "I''m Not Interested in Victory"[/ame]

Either give them what they need to win, or get them the fuck out of that hellhole.

Be a Goddamned leader, Mr. President!

Few things can get me this pissed...

Poooooor Obama, he inherited this from Bush you know.

If Obama can't deal with it, he should fucking resign.

Last edited:
He should let the military handle it, but its all about pooooooooor Obama.

I could end the win the war with less troops, I would cut the troops down to a few thousand and get rid of the lawyers who have the troops hands tied, we dont need more troops, we need less lawyers.

Read Robin Moore, The Hunt for Osama Bin Laden

Great book by a great author.

Less troops but given the go ahead to fight, not more troops to be police.

Last edited:
Poooooor Obama, he inherited this from Bush you know.

An editorial in WaPol that nails the speech:

PostPartisan - All About Obama

All About Obama

I’ve refrained from commenting on President Obama’s address to the United Nations General Assembly because the speech made me angry. And most postings -- or letters, or e-mails -- written while angry are better discarded or deleted.

But this address grows more disturbing on further reading. Some major presidential speeches deserve to be remembered, quoted and celebrated. Some deserve to be forgotten. A few deserve to be remembered and criticized, because they dishonor the history of presidential rhetoric.

Obama’s rhetorical method in international contexts -- given supreme expression at the United Nations this week -- is a moral dialectic. The thesis: pre-Obama America is a nation of many flaws and failures. The antithesis: The world responds with understandable but misguided prejudice. The synthesis: Me. Me, at all costs; me, in spite of all terrors; me, however long and hard the road may be. How great a world we all should see, if only all were more like…me.

On several occasions, Obama attacked American conduct in simplistic caricatures a European diplomat might employ or applaud. He accused America of acing “unilaterally, without regard for the interests of others” -- a slander against every American ally who has made sacrifices in Iraq and Afghanistan. He argued that, “America has too often been selective in its promotion of democracy” -- which is hardly a challenge for the Obama administration, which has yet to make a priority of promoting democracy or human rights anywhere in the world.

The world, of course, has its problems, too. It has accepted “misperceptions and misinformation.” It can be guilty of a “reflexive anti-Americanism.” “Those who used to chastise America for acting alone in the world cannot now stand by and wait for America to solve the world’s problems alone.” Translation: I know you adore me because I am better than America’s flawed past. But don’t just stand there loving me, do something.

I can recall no other major American speech in which the narcissism of a leader has been quite so pronounced. It might be compared to Gen. Douglas MacArthur’s “I shall return” -- which made it sound like MacArthur intended to reconquer the Philippines single-handedly. But MacArthur, at least, imagined himself as embodying his country, not transcending it. He did not assert that while the Japanese invasion was certainly excessive, America had been guilty of provocations of its own -- and now, in the MacArthur era, things would be finally different.

Twice in his United Nations speech, Obama dares to quote Franklin Roosevelt. I have read quite a bit of Roosevelt’s rhetoric. It is impossible to imagine him, under any circumstances, unfairly criticizing his own country in an international forum in order to make himself look better in comparison. He would have considered such a rhetorical strategy shameful -- as indeed it is.

At the United Nations, Obama set out to denigrate American goodness so he can become our rescuer. The speech had nothing to do with the confident style of Democratic rhetoric found in Roosevelt, Truman and Kennedy. It insulted that tradition. And no one is likely ever to quote the speech -- except to deride it.

The point is this. We have a COMMANDER IN CHIEF who hasn't got a clue about military strategy and who is beholden to the left wing kooks in his cabinet and Congress.

America is turning against the war in Afghanistan because of the ineptitude of our dear leader as a Commander in Chief.

The point is this. We have a COMMANDER IN CHIEF who hasn't got a clue about military strategy and who is beholden to the left wing kooks in his cabinet and Congress.

America is turning against the war in Afghanistan because of the ineptitude of our dear leader as a Commander in Chief.

Obama is not beholden to the left wing kooks, he is the left wing marxist kook.

Sorry...I should have clarified...Obama
Obama,+Soros-Puppet+Master.jpg
is beholden to George Soros...his puppet master.

Sorry...I should have clarified...Obama
Obama,+Soros-Puppet+Master.jpg
is beholden to George Soros...his puppet master.

Are you saying follow the money?

Yup....Tides, Acorn, SEIU, ThinkProgress, MoveOn......all of it...

BUT

Obama has FAILED as a CinC...can you imagen the soldiers in the field reading the bullshit spewing from his mouth? Outwardly they must remain silent, keep their composure because of Article 88 of the UCMJ but inwardly...they are saying WTF OVER!!!!

I just love how republicans love to sit around and giggle..

"Look....we created a mess that he can't fix!"

I just love how republicans love to sit around and giggle..

"Look....we created a mess that he can't fix!"

I just love it when the left blames the right when things don't go their way!!!

Obama SAID HE HAD A PLAN.....IT HAS NOW FAILED!!!

Obama should stick to community organizing and leave the tough work of running the country and military to someone who's a competent, proven leader.....not a Soros puppet.

Reality is the Enemy of Conservatives.

The people that attacked the US were staying in Afghanistan as the guests of the Taliban government. The entire world was behind George Bush and the United States. Bin Laden was cornered. So Bush did what any good Republican would do, he invaded a different country.

Now, after years of incompetence, and a devastated military, Republicans are asking, "Why isn't Obama keeping his promise?" Now that he is president and knows, for real, what Bush and the Republicans did to this country, he is looking at what will be best to save the rest of our military. You see, he has to balance what he can rationally do with the divested military Bush and the Republicans left us with.

What amazes me, instead of being ashamed at what they did to damage this country and our military, they are screaming at those trying to fix their many years of unparalleled disaster. Go figure.

I don't know how it happened, but when this song was written, it was if they had George Bush in mind.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09q9ZfA2fRo&feature=related]YouTube - Jubilation T. Cornpone - Li'l Abner[/ame]

A man who didn't know the meaning of the word "fear". Terror, yes, "fear", never.

Bush's disaster

Bush's misjudgement

Bush's catastrophe

Bush's humiliation

Reality is the Enemy of Conservatives.

The people that attacked the US were staying in Afghanistan as the guests of the Taliban government. The entire world was behind George Bush and the United States. Bin Laden was cornered. So Bush did what any good Republican would do, he invaded a different country.

Now, after years of incompetence, and a devastated military, Republicans are asking, "Why isn't Obama keeping his promise?" Now that he is president and knows, for real, what Bush and the Republicans did to this country, he is looking at what will be best to save the rest of our military. You see, he has to balance what he can rationally do with the divested military Bush and the Republicans left us with.

What amazes me, instead of being ashamed at what they did to damage this country and our military, they are screaming at those trying to fix their many years of unparalleled disaster. Go figure.

I don't know how it happened, but when this song was written, it was if they had George Bush in mind.

YouTube - Jubilation T. Cornpone - Li'l Abner

A man who didn't know the meaning of the word "fear". Terror, yes, "fear", never.

Bush's disaster

Bush's misjudgement

Bush's catastrophe

Bush's humiliation

You, along with many others, are a buch nattering nabobs of negativism(W. Safire). Too afraid to admit that your chosen messiah has fucked up Afghanistan WORSE than Bush did with his failed March of 2009 strategy. Now he won't even listen to the Generals he put in place to implement HIS failed strategy...... Obama is an inept boob.

Forum List

Back