Obama Admits To Not Being The Great Unifier

The Paperboy

Times Square
Aug 26, 2008
Times Square
From ABC interview yesterday:

Berman: You’re a very persuasive man, you have a certain amount of influence with your own party, could you have done more, should you have done more, before the House vote yesterday to lobby for votes?

Obama: Oh, absolutely, not because — if you think about it, there was a deal struck between Nancy Pelosi and Republican leader Boehner.

The Democrats were supposed to get 120 votes, they got 140 so there was no sense on the Democratic side that we weren’t following through on our commitments and apparently there were some problems on that side. I don’t think me calling House Republican members would have been that helpful, I tend not to be that persuasive on that side of the aisle.

Link here

Last edited:
Umm, what?

Wow, so you mean the Democratic nominee for president won't be able to convince House Republicans to do what he wants, in a bitterly contested presidential fight?

If you were surprised by that, your an idiot. Being a unifier isn't about getting everyone to agree on the same thing at the same time, its about getting people to be able to disagree without said disagreements ending up with one side accusing the other of having black babies out of wedlock.

Umm, what?

Wow, so you mean the Democratic nominee for president won't be able to convince House Republicans to do what he wants, in a bitterly contested presidential fight?

If you were surprised by that, your an idiot. Being a unifier isn't about getting everyone to agree on the same thing at the same time, its about getting people to be able to disagree without said disagreements ending up with one side accusing the other of having black babies out of wedlock.

That sound more like a referee.

There is nothing in BO's background which points to his being a unifier. The facts point to the opposite--that he is the most divisive and partisan political figure of the present era.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon
Umm, what?

GOP'ers? No.

But he didnt do much to sway the CBC not did a single democrat of the 12 on Barney the Fagossaur's, House Banking Committee voted for the bailout.

All they needed was 13 votes.

Hogwash. Next you'll be telling us he can't part the seas or heal the lame and the blind.

:D

Just this guy.

$wwjd08.jpg

There is nothing in BO's background which points to his being a unifier. The facts point to the opposite--that he is the most divisive and partisan political figure of the present era.

Precisely, he votes along party lines more than any other Senator (when he actually decides to show up). But he can claim to be able to unify Congress because if Democrats control all three, they can pass whatever they want and the public will be stupid enough to think it's because they united the two parties.

would people stop using this argument? mccain, bush, palin, biden, pelosi, kerry, gore, cheney, lebron james, they all failed to get 13 more votes!

its pathetic that this keeps being repeated. you look a fool for using it to try and discredit obama

Umm, what?

damn I have been so misled. You mean there are no black babies born out of wedlock? Darn slap those accusers with lawsuits.

would people stop using this argument? mccain, bush, palin, biden, pelosi, kerry, gore, cheney, lebron james, they all failed to get 13 more votes!

its pathetic that this keeps being repeated. you look a fool for using it to try and discredit obama
First of all I'm glad it failed as this crisis is more panic and hype than substance.

Second, how can Obama claim he is going to create a new tone in Washington when he won't even lift a finger to back Pelosi?

It isn't about who failed; it's about who claims they can but won't.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

you cann tell that by this election cycle, the divide grows wider and uglier by the minute.

GOP'ers? No.

But he didnt do much to sway the CBC not did a single democrat of the 12 on Barney the Fagossaur's, House Banking Committee voted for the bailout.

How bout you check your facts before spewing lies, dipshit.

There are 37 Democrats on the Banking Committee. 25 of them voted for the bill.

Might want to get your facts somewhere other than rightwing trash news, dumbass.

Both parties knew they were dead meat if they passed that bill. Why did they even put on the pretense that they wanted it passed ?

First of all I'm glad it failed as this crisis is more panic and hype than substance.

Second, how can Obama claim he is going to create a new tone in Washington when he won't even lift a finger to back Pelosi?

It isn't about who failed; it's about who claims they can but won't.

or mccain, who claimed he could but failed? :doubt:

damn I have been so misled. You mean there are no black babies born out of wedlock? Darn slap those accusers with lawsuits.

Your retarded. Learn some political facts about the Bush McCain primaries.

you cann tell that by this election cycle, the divide grows wider and uglier by the minute.

Which is why its 50/50 in the polls, right?...

Your retarded. Learn some political facts about the Bush McCain primaries.

Which is why its 50/50 in the polls, right?...

I am retarded. I am a retarded Republican which is about 4 turns right of Donkeyland.

Forum List

Back