Obama Admits Palin Energy Policy is Correct

We are hoarding our oil in the event we do not find alternative energy sources before the world supply starts to take a hit.

Then WE will controll the world market on oil not OPEC.

A fine conservative aporoach IMO. I have kids who may someday join the military and need oil to power their tanks.

The Strategic reserve is not a long term answer. It does not increase supply long enough to make much a difference. Also, imagine we empty it and successfully take $.75 off a gallon of gas. Then we have to fill it back up before someone limits their exports and severely yanks our chain when we dont even have a short term emergency reserve.

Sounds like radical deficit spending to me. The type of "make my day easier at my kid's expense" econonics Ronald George and George ran up the national debt with.

After years of telling us that drilling WON'T lower gas prices (only a lib would believe that), Obama FINALLY sees the light!

Couldn't we have elected a more intelligent president in the first place--like Sarah Palin???

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama on Tuesday urged world oil producers to lift crude output, as he sought to deflect public anger over high gasoline prices that has hurt his popularity among voters.

U.S. motor fuel prices have become a heated political issue after pushing toward $4 a gallon. Gasoline futures hit 33-month highs on Tuesday.

The rising prices at the pump are fueling voter discontent with Obama's leadership, opinion polls show, and could harm his re-election chances in 2012.

"They need to increase supplies," Obama told CBS affiliate WTKR in Hampton Roads, Virginia. "We are in a lot of conversations with major oil producers like Saudi Arabia," he separately told WXYZ television in Detroit. source

drill baby drill , to hell with things like the gulf , who like fish any way .

Alaska can hide the spills with snow .

ya , I hope they do right off Florida , found some in Utah . drill baby .
they only way is to glut the world with our oil because if privet oil companies drill they will sell to the highest bidder , not Americans , unless we pay the most .

but as fare that tank you call the family car ? you'll pay what ever the wall street bidders want you to pay . white house has nothing to do with industry .

After years of telling us that drilling WON'T lower gas prices (only a lib would believe that), Obama FINALLY sees the light!

Couldn't we have elected a more intelligent president in the first place--like Sarah Palin???

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama on Tuesday urged world oil producers to lift crude output, as he sought to deflect public anger over high gasoline prices that has hurt his popularity among voters.

U.S. motor fuel prices have become a heated political issue after pushing toward $4 a gallon. Gasoline futures hit 33-month highs on Tuesday.

The rising prices at the pump are fueling voter discontent with Obama's leadership, opinion polls show, and could harm his re-election chances in 2012.

"They need to increase supplies," Obama told CBS affiliate WTKR in Hampton Roads, Virginia. "We are in a lot of conversations with major oil producers like Saudi Arabia," he separately told WXYZ television in Detroit. source

drill baby drill , to hell with things like the gulf , who like fish any way .

Alaska can hide the spills with snow .

ya , I hope they do right off Florida , found some in Utah . drill baby .
they only way is to glut the world with our oil because if privet oil companies drill they will sell to the highest bidder , not Americans , unless we pay the most .

but as fare that tank you call the family car ? you'll pay what ever the wall street bidders want you to pay . white house has nothing to do with industry .

^^Total IDIOCY ON DISPLAY^^

Oh brother. "They need to increase supplies". Has anyone told him that we, like, actually have oil here?

What a dummy; what a doozie this Obama cad is. How the fuck did this happen?

Do you understand that once we lease the rights to the oil, the drillers don't have to pump it even after they've found it?

Why would oil companies increase production if the direct result was to drive down prices?

They were making gazillions when the price was half what it is now.

We are hoarding our oil in the event we do not find alternative energy sources before the world supply starts to take a hit.

Then WE will controll the world market on oil not OPEC.

A fine conservative aporoach IMO. I have kids who may someday join the military and need oil to power their tanks.

The Strategic reserve is not a long term answer. It does not increase supply long enough to make much a difference. Also, imagine we empty it and successfully take $.75 off a gallon of gas. Then we have to fill it back up before someone limits their exports and severely yanks our chain when we dont even have a short term emergency reserve.

Sounds like radical deficit spending to me. The type of "make my day easier at my kid's expense" econonics Ronald George and George ran up the national debt with.

I've always said it would be smart of us to import as much as we can and save as much of our own oil as possible. The exception to that would be if we found a way to safely extract the oil from our shale reserves. Then we would have enough for the next 200 years, but right down that does not seem to be a likely scenario, at least in the near future.

Palin's energy policy was a windfall profits tax on oil. Which right now, if in place nationally, would be raking in some good revenue.

What is a windfall profit? Is it a profit that only comes when the wind blows, or do you mean something contrary to the normal English usage of the word?

Palin's energy policy was a windfall profits tax on oil. Which right now, if in place nationally, would be raking in some good revenue.

What is a windfall profit? Is it a profit that only comes when the wind blows, or do you mean something contrary to the normal English usage of the word?

SHIT...Carbonated doesn't know...For the record? Windfall Profit...means that the company is doing *GOOD* and ripe for the picking from Gubmint to give to those that didn't EARN it.

And in Venezuela today you will pay 9 cents for a gallon of gasoline. I guess they must be energy independent. As we could be.

But they drill where ever they find oil. We drill where the government and tree huggers allow us to.

Everyone knows that oil companies profits have been skyrocketing right? Why would they want to drill more and lower prices?

Unless in a roundabout way people are advocating for nationalized oil here to force more drilling, which would be even dumber.

Everyone knows that oil companies profits have been skyrocketing right? Why would they want to drill more and lower prices?

Unless in a roundabout way people are advocating for nationalized oil here to force more drilling, which would be even dumber.

Drilling domestically will lower costs to the oil companies and offer a more stable environment to drill. It will allow them to lower the cost to the consumer with little to no affect on their profits.
It would be a win-win....good for image and good for profits.

Any other questions?

Drilling domestically will lower costs to the oil companies and offer a more stable environment to drill. It will allow them to lower the cost to the consumer with little to no affect on their profits.

Any other questions?

I just refuse to believe that we're trying to "stick it" to oil companies and that our politicians are listening to the environment lobby over the oil lobby, who lines their pockets.

We'll go to war with Iraq/Libya and every other corner of the middle east to better things for the oil companies, so I'm certain whatever oil companies want around here they'll get.

I think they've found that consumption doesn't really change THAT much with gas at $4 a gallon compared to $2 a gallon, so they'll sell it for what they can get out of it, just like every other capitalistic company.

Any other questions?

I just refuse to believe that we're trying to "stick it" to oil companies and that our politicians are listening to the environment lobby over the oil lobby, who lines their pockets.

We'll go to war with Iraq/Libya and every other corner of the middle east to better things for the oil companies, so I'm certain whatever oil companies want around here they'll get.

I think they've found that consumption doesn't really change THAT much with gas at $4 a gallon compared to $2 a gallon, so they'll sell it for what they can get out of it, just like every other capitalistic company.

In bold...

The why has the price of gasoline dropped in the recent past?

Any other questions?

In bold...

The why has the price of gasoline dropped in the recent past?

Good question, why has it risen right back up right away after it's dropped?

I'll just go back to my original point, government does whatever oil companies ask, so I refuse to believe that in this particular case the oil lobby isn't getting their way.

Look at campaign contributions, certain big industries (oil, bank, healthcare etc) get nice returns on their investments (aka bribes).

Gee.....another politician....

Whatta shocker.....
handjob.gif

Obama is only parroting what he's told. No one in his right mind ever believed that renewable energy would ever work.
That's what Porky Limbaugh says, huh?

handjob.gif

"As of September 2010, Germany’s Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency had approved 26 wind farm projects, three in the Baltic Sea and 23 in the North Sea. That is about 1,850 turbines totalling 9.3 gigawatts in capacity."

Too-much science-fiction for the Teabaggers.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKTaS1pFt-0]YouTube - AREVA Multibrid Offshore Wind Turbine[/ame]

judgment_day_terror.jpg

Forum List

Back