Obama admits his failure in Afghanistan

Make sure you listen to the video, "ah" seems to be the word Obama likes best.

Obama: U.S. Has Fallen 'Short of the Ideal' in Afghanistan | The Weekly Standard

"So, you know, I think that, have we achieved everything that some might have imagined us achieving in the best of scenarios? Probably not. You know, there's a human enterprise, and you know, you fall short of the ideal," said Obama.

The president went on to say that America has achieved some measure of success in Afghanistan, however. "Did we achieve our central goal? And have we been able, I think, to shape a strong relationship with a responsible Afghan government that is willing to cooperate with us to make sure that it is not a launching pad for future attacks against the United States? We have achieved that goal. We are in the process of achieving that goal. And for that, I think we have to thank our extraordinary military, intelligence and diplomatic teams, as well as the cooperation of the Afghan government and the Afghan people."

Maobama was so cock sure that his "Surge" would work. However, his imposing different and more stringent Rules of Engagement "ROE's" made the "Surge" a failure. He relieved General MacCrystal for being truthful about the narcissim and egomania of Maobama and in doung so has lost Afghanistan. What I don't understand is why doesn't Maobama order out our troops like the Russian did. Maobama failed in Iraq and now in Afghanistan. Now he's calling it "Mission Accomplished". At least Bush had a legitimate reason.

I don't think Iraq was a failure we did what we set out to do, but that could be argued.

I think we were successful in Afghanistan years ago and should have left then. Both countries now vote and both countries have their despotic regimes removed from power. What we have been doing in Afghanistan for the last 4 or 5 years is any one's guess. Bush was basically in a holding pattern and the deaths were few, then the OBAMA surge and the death rate increased.

That all said, it is Obama who is admitting that whatever was his goal in Afghanistan has been met in failure.

You seriously have no idea what Watergate was about.

I voted for Nixon so I think I might have an idea, me thinks it is you who are confused.

The Watergate scandal was a political scandal that occurred in the United States in the 1970s as a result of the June 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C., and the Nixon administration's attempted cover-up of its involvement. The scandal eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, on August 9, 1974, the only resignation of a U.S. President. The scandal also resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of 43 people, including dozens of Nixon's top administration officials.

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If that's all you think it was about..then you are the one that is confused.

Nixon started a long slide into the idea of the Unitary Executive. Nixon believed that if a President of the United States engaged in an activity..then that activity was lawful, regardless of what the law might be. He used his power commit "dirty tricks" against his political opponents up to breaking into the DNC and wiretapping their offices. Granted that pales in comparison to Reagan's deal with Iranian terrorists to influence an election or Bush's using false information to invade a country..but the US is loathe to impeach conservatives. No Republican in the history of this country has ever been impeached.

And Nixon's actions basically authored those of Reagan and GW Bush.

WTF? Nixon was not forced out over dirty tricks it was as I have shown you it was over a two bit break in and the resultant cover up. What else he may have done is immaterial.

It is incredible how you folks ignore the democrat presidents. Clinton invaded and killed American citizens for no reason other then political expedience at Waco. American children killed by an American president and you convinently ignore it. In Bosnia Clinton acted totally independent of Congress and anyone else and we are lucky the Chinese were not as strong as they are today considering Clinton had them killed. (accidentally or not). Remember all the Serbs standing in their ethnic clothing on the bridge daring Clinton to bomb it? And he did? Of course you don't remember. Remember the laughter at the truck crossing the bridge and a smart bomb blew it up right after he crossed? Do you remember we blew up every bridge crossing the Danube and then paid to rebuild them?

Do you remember Obama doing exactly as Clinton in the ME???? No I suppose you don't. Now Obama is killing with predators at the will of the CIA are you really comforable giving that power to the POTUS? Unchecked? I doubt you would have been if this were Bush.

Do you remember Clinton making a mockery of the justice system by lying under oath???

No, both Bush's acting with Congress, Clinton did not that is why he always gets my vote for the worse president in my life time. That and his "free" trade BS.

Let me spell it out for you:

There is nothing preventing the CIA or FBI from killing whomever they preceive as a threat, regardless of their citizenship, including US citizens.

This seriously can not be true. Even if it is somewhat true does that mean that the FBI and CIA get to kill whomever they wish????

Why not?

Certainly they can.

However, they're not so stupid as to kill anyone that many would object to killing....

Like JFK.....

:eusa_shhh:

I am not sure of what you mean. The CIA is legally allowed to kill anyone they deem fit for killing or they can kill with impunity knowing no one in their right mind will bring them to justice? Big difference.

It should be noted that we have not "fought" a war as it should be fought since WWII.

The "theory" of limited war is a failure as applied to "winng" any war.

Actually since WWII, there has not been a war we should have been involved in.
Not one!!

I voted for Nixon so I think I might have an idea, me thinks it is you who are confused.

The Watergate scandal was a political scandal that occurred in the United States in the 1970s as a result of the June 1972 break-in at the Democratic National Committee headquarters at the Watergate office complex in Washington, D.C., and the Nixon administration's attempted cover-up of its involvement. The scandal eventually led to the resignation of Richard Nixon, the President of the United States, on August 9, 1974, the only resignation of a U.S. President. The scandal also resulted in the indictment, trial, conviction and incarceration of 43 people, including dozens of Nixon's top administration officials.

Watergate scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nixon started a long slide into the idea of the Unitary Executive. Nixon believed that if a President of the United States engaged in an activity..then that activity was lawful, regardless of what the law might be. He used his power commit "dirty tricks" against his political opponents up to breaking into the DNC and wiretapping their offices. Granted that pales in comparison to Reagan's deal with Iranian terrorists to influence an election or Bush's using false information to invade a country..but the US is loathe to impeach conservatives. No Republican in the history of this country has ever been impeached.

WTF? Nixon was not forced out over dirty tricks it was as I have shown you it was over a two bit break in and the resultant cover up. What else he may have done is immaterial.

It is incredible how you folks ignore the democrat presidents. Clinton invaded and killed American citizens for no reason other then political expedience at Waco. American children killed by an American president and you convinently ignore it. In Bosnia Clinton acted totally independent of Congress and anyone else and we are lucky the Chinese were not as strong as they are today considering Clinton had them killed. (accidentally or not). Remember all the Serbs standing in their ethnic clothing on the bridge daring Clinton to bomb it? And he did? Of course you don't remember. Remember the laughter at the truck crossing the bridge and a smart bomb blew it up right after he crossed? Do you remember we blew up every bridge crossing the Danube and then paid to rebuild them?

Do you remember Obama doing exactly as Clinton in the ME???? No I suppose you don't. Now Obama is killing with predators at the will of the CIA are you really comforable giving that power to the POTUS? Unchecked? I doubt you would have been if this were Bush.

Do you remember Clinton making a mockery of the justice system by lying under oath???

No, both Bush's acting with Congress, Clinton did not that is why he always gets my vote for the worse president in my life time. That and his "free" trade BS.

Nixon tried to use his presidential power to squash democracy. That's what watergate was about.

Waco was a case of a Christian Terrorist and Pedophile breaking the law then killing ATF agents. The mistake was letting him sit there for several months yammering out his "demands". Koresh is responsible for each and every death at Waco, not the government. Bosnia was an exercise in the US using military power for a just cause, stopping a genocide. Something you folks opposed. And he did it without the loss of a single American life.

The rest of your nonsense is just that.

It should be noted that we have not "fought" a war as it should be fought since WWII.

The "theory" of limited war is a failure as applied to "winng" any war.

Actually since WWII, there has not been a war we should have been involved in.
Not one!!

Yes and no.

Although it was probably a bad idea to try and "rebuild" Korea by making it a patron state, the North Koreans did attack first. There weren't a whole lot of choices.

And IMHO using military force to stop genocides..like the ongoing one in Bosnia, was a good thing. However I would trade Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and any number of tanglefucks for that one..if we just became purely defensive..and followed the Constitution. War is only declared to stop invasions and squash insurrections.

I don't have a problem with any of the wars. I have a problem with how we fight them. Go in destroy the place and leave. Apply a second time if necessary.

Militaries destroy nations and politicans build them. If that is not happening there is a basic problem.

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with any of the wars. I have a problem with how we fight them. Go in destroy the place and leave. Apply a second time if necessary.

Militaries destroy nations and politicans build them. If that is not happening there is a basic problem.

You're very brave with the lives, limbs, minds, families and money of others.

th

It is incredible how you folks ignore the democrat presidents. Clinton invaded and killed American citizens for no reason other then political expedience at Waco. American children killed by an American president and you conveniently ignore it. In Bosnia Clinton acted totally independent of Congress and anyone else and we are lucky the Chinese were not as strong as they are today considering Clinton had them killed. (accidentally or not). Remember all the Serbs standing in their ethnic clothing on the bridge daring Clinton to bomb it? And he did? Of course you don't remember. Remember the laughter at the truck crossing the bridge and a smart bomb blew it up right after he crossed? Do you remember we blew up every bridge crossing the Danube and then paid to rebuild them?

Do you remember Obama doing exactly as Clinton in the ME???? No I suppose you don't. Now Obama is killing with predators at the will of the CIA are you really comfortable giving that power to the POTUS? Unchecked? I doubt you would have been if this were Bush.

Nixon tried to use his presidential power to squash democracy. That's what Watergate was about.

Waco was a case of a Christian Terrorist and Pedophile breaking the law then killing ATF agents. The mistake was letting him sit there for several months yammering out his "demands". Koresh is responsible for each and every death at Waco, not the government. Bosnia was an exercise in the US using military power for a just cause, stopping a genocide. Something you folks opposed. And he did it without the loss of a single American life.

What the f... do you think I meant when I said Nixon was forced out of office because of a cover-up. Well I didn't mean what you said I meant he abused his power not some idiotic reference to squashing democray. You only posted that because you realize how stupid you were sounding so you doubled down, and won, you sound double stupid.

You are also not too good with the truth. What act of terrorism, prior to the raid or after, did the Branch Davidians commit? We can argue all day about who shot first at Waco but what we do know is that Koresh went to the front door UNARMED and was shot by the ATF. Why would they shoot Koresh, who was unarmed, when obviously the shooting, if initiated inside the compound came from somewhere else? What prompted the ATF to be trigger happy? Of course being on the left you could care less if the children at Waco were killed, I am sure to you it was just a delayed abortion.

Is'nt that odd the left was all for Clinton's use of power in Bosnia but opposed Bush's use in Iraq for the same damn reason. Bosnia served no threat to America, Iraq proved they did.

I would have voted against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I may have voted for the 72 hours of terror bombing of Bosnia, but it was never brought up for a vote and no alternative was ever seriously tried. At least in Iraq we had the repeated violations of the no fly zone.

Last edited:
Always can count on you to be right down the middle. (sic) Afghanistan is Obama's war. More carnage under his watch then Bush's. Remember the surge, Obama. Congress put us into Afghanistan and Obama was all in favor, as was most of the nation. Get over it and yourself.

Lies from a fool or from an enemy of America. Bush lost the war long before Obama took office.

Obama had his surge he lost it. More deaths under his watch then Bush's. Bush won the damn war, Obama should have walked away. Obama got people killed for no damn reason.

The second Bush ordered the helicopter and Spec Op troops out of the country for the Iraqi invasion, Bush lost the war.

th

If you had actually stopped to engage your brain, you would see I spent considerably less time in the war zones. I SAVED 100,000s of thousands.

Lies from a fool or from an enemy of America. Bush lost the war long before Obama took office.

Obama had his surge he lost it. More deaths under his watch then Bush's. Bush won the damn war, Obama should have walked away. Obama got people killed for no damn reason.

The second Bush ordered the helicopter and Spec Op troops out of the country for the Iraqi invasion, Bush lost the war.

What we should have done is send the RINOs in then they at least would be of some use.

How in the f do you measure winning and losing in such a war? Obviously you loser think we lost. I think we won during Bush when we removed the Taliban from the government and rendered them a local threat. We didn't need a surge it only got more killed there really wasn't much to gain and that is what we did. Obama admits he failed and you agree but somehow, being the open minded RINO you are, you just can't help yourself from blaming Bush. Bush's surge in Iraq was successful we won by any measure I can see. Afghanistan was the "good" war that everyone wanted, even Obama. Obama is in office for four years and had his surge, if we lost it is all on him. But the truth is that although Obama wasted more of America's youth we won in Afghanistan regardless of how the fail in the WH wishes to paint it.

th

If you had actually stopped to engage your brain, you would see I spent considerably less time in the war zones. I SAVED 100,000s of thousands.

And, if this were actually true, it affects my post how, precisely?

Then Bush threw it all away to invade Iraq, Freewill. obozo busho went too far as do all neo-cons if given the chance. No, we have not won in Afghanistan, but if you say we did, then you say Obama won the war. You are arguing against yourself.

th

And, if this were actually true, it affects my post how, precisely?

Its your right to be as dense as you want to be. Far be it from me to change your course.

Will Bush admit his failure there too? What about Iraq, anyone admitting failure there yet?

Our only "failure" in Iraq was not getting a Status of Forces agreement with the Iraqi government which would have allowed us to maintain a military presence in the area as a counterweight to Iran's nuclear ambitions. Now the shit is going to hit the fan and there is little we can do about it. But, of course, it won't be Obama's fault...

You're right. It will still be Bush's fault. And for good reason.

It is incredible how you folks ignore the democrat presidents. Clinton invaded and killed American citizens for no reason other then political expedience at Waco. American children killed by an American president and you conveniently ignore it. In Bosnia Clinton acted totally independent of Congress and anyone else and we are lucky the Chinese were not as strong as they are today considering Clinton had them killed. (accidentally or not). Remember all the Serbs standing in their ethnic clothing on the bridge daring Clinton to bomb it? And he did? Of course you don't remember. Remember the laughter at the truck crossing the bridge and a smart bomb blew it up right after he crossed? Do you remember we blew up every bridge crossing the Danube and then paid to rebuild them?

Do you remember Obama doing exactly as Clinton in the ME???? No I suppose you don't. Now Obama is killing with predators at the will of the CIA are you really comfortable giving that power to the POTUS? Unchecked? I doubt you would have been if this were Bush.

Nixon tried to use his presidential power to squash democracy. That's what Watergate was about.

What the f... do you think I meant when I said Nixon was forced out of office because of a cover-up. Well I didn't mean what you said I meant he abused his power not some idiotic reference to squashing democray. You only posted that because you realize how stupid you were sounding so you doubled down, and won, you sound double stupid.

You are also not too good with the truth. What act of terrorism, prior to the raid or after, did the Branch Davidians commit? We can argue all day about who shot first at Waco but what we do know is that Koresh went to the front door UNARMED and was shot by the ATF. Why would they shoot Koresh, who was unarmed, when obviously the shooting, if initiated inside the compound came from somewhere else? What prompted the ATF to be trigger happy? Of course being on the left you could care less if the children at Waco were killed, I am sure to you it was just a delayed abortion.

Is'nt that odd the left was all for Clinton's use of power in Bosnia but opposed Bush's use in Iraq for the same damn reason. Bosnia served no threat to America, Iraq proved they did.

I would have voted against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. I may have voted for the 72 hours of terror bombing of Bosnia, but it was never brought up for a vote and no alternative was ever seriously tried. At least in Iraq we had the repeated violations of the no fly zone.

No..that's exactly what happened. Nixon was trying to squash Democracy. And stepping down wasn't his first choice either. He was going to call out the National Guard to hold on to power. He was talked down.

David Koresh shot a rival in the chest prior to Waco and skated on a technicallity. And it was Davidians that shot first, after refusing to honor a legal warrant. That's after they were targetted for a search after illegal sales of grenade casings. Addtionally there were all sorts of problems with the Davidians such as they cut off family members from seeing the people they inducted into their cult. It's amazing you folks defend this disgusting terrorist and pedophile.

I wasn't opposed to stopping an ongoing genocide, no. And I wish Clinton had sent troops to Rwanda and the Sudan as well. That's pretty much what we should be doing. Coming in between insane assholes bent on murder and the cilivians who are their targets. Iraq was well past it's "genocide" when Bush decided to invade. And that was not the reason he was going there. I know it's hard to realize that since there were so many of them floated.

Forum List

Back