Obama admits he's Not ready

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
I've been saying it all along, Obama is not experienced enough does not have the resume to be president, well who better than to agree with me than Obama himself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4yCwqtuv5Q]YouTube - Obama says he's not ready to be President[/ame]

I can't stand this dig up everything the person's ever said crap. Fine if you don't like what he stands for, but trying to make an issue out of an off hand comment from 2004 detracts from any sensible debate about his candidacy.

I can't stand this dig up everything the person's ever said crap. Fine if you don't like what he stands for, but trying to make an issue out of an off hand comment from 2004 detracts from any sensible debate about his candidacy.

It's not a single thing he said but the sum total Swing, that makes up the person. If a person has a thin resume like Obama does, then you have to go back to get commentary from his past in order to have that debate. I'll cite you an example, Obama likes to tout that his plan is better than John McCain on any number of issues, the econ. , the military, iraq, etc, so what the basis for that statment? his wealth of experience in those area's? So if a man 4 years ago thought he was not ready to be president, what made him change his mind two years later? experience?

Bill Clinton made a similar move, promising people of Ark. he wouldn't run in '92. It's just politics though, doesn't mean he'd be a good or bad leader.

Well thats the issue at hand Swing isn't it? While you think he will be a good leader I may not think so. It's how we arrive at that conclusion when looking at the same data that always makes debates interesting. I just hope that whoever gets elected, that for once, in this country no matter who it is, that this attitude, well i'm in power now it's time to get them back will change and they can conduct the nations business for us all. That goes for a Republican or a Democrat.

It's not a single thing he said but the sum total Swing, that makes up the person. If a person has a thin resume like Obama does, then you have to go back to get commentary from his past in order to have that debate. I'll cite you an example, Obama likes to tout that his plan is better than John McCain on any number of issues, the econ. , the military, iraq, etc, so what the basis for that statment? his wealth of experience in those area's? So if a man 4 years ago thought he was not ready to be president, what made him change his mind two years later? experience?

How many years was Bush govr of Texas? Four? How many years has Obama been a Senator? Four?? To be fair, if we were going use that example, you could say the experience issue has been an unmitigated disaster as far as Bush is concerned....

well if that's the standard you Repubs didn't think McCain was qualified in 2000...in fact Bush labeled him unfit and unqualifed... what's changed in 8 years? nothing other than McCain now sides with Bush 90% of the time...

guess a little butt kissin goes a long way huh?

When it comes to McCain's "vast experience" (gag) and Obama's inexperience... I think I'd rather have Obama who doesn't bring with him the same brand of political expertise with which the current Republican administration has graced us for the last 8 years.

Wild card? ... Maybe! But McCain is just a Bush in old man's skin.

Kind of disingenuous because you aren't posting threads about how Sarah Palin was mayor of a town of 7,000 people... she might well be president.

I think it's kind of sad for someone who's obviously intelligent to focus on detritis as opposed to issues.

To me, what's relevant is that McCain has echolalia when it comes to Bush policies. Bush policies are proven failures. That makes Mccain a failure before he even starts.

And let's not even discuss the truth-impaired, ethically challenged Palin.... oh no, if we do that, we're "mean"...

The double standard is appalling.

Just say you disagree with Obama, then there can be a real discussion on real issues.

The problem is that this admin loses on every real issue and, by assent, so does McCain.

But Karl Rove has done a great job getting the right to do his legwork for him now that the "base" is all het up.

Yeah sure doesn't feel as good coming from the other side as doing it yourself, does it?

But this is the kind of thing that makes sense to use -instead of the blatantly false smearing of Palin.

I have no sympathy on this one when it is a comment about the very office Obama is seeking. Just like I thought it was totally fair game when Obama jumped on the opportunity to use Palin's own joke during an interview several months ago about "what the heck does a VP do anyway?" in one of his ads. When speaking of the office they are seeking, even when joking about it -its gloves off and don't act like a big baby and cry "foul".

Republicans want to make Obama the issue because they have no issues of their own.

Obama's priorities are getting out of Iraq, universal healthcare, and American energy independence. These happen to be the three greatest priorities for America right now.

Getting out of Iraq will save us $200 billion dollars a year and bring our brave troops home to their families. American troops should not be sent in harm's way unless their is a COMPELLING NATIONAL INTEREST. Which was not the case with Iraq.

Every other Western democracy has universal healthcare except the United States, and they pay HALF per capita what we pay for healthcare, and they cover everyone. Why? Because a single payer system has inherent cost savings.

America's dependence on foreign oil is the most important security issue America faces. Clean energy technology is already available and only requires the political will to develop it.

Making these three issues his top priorities shows the wisdom and judgement that Obama has.

Well here's a shock I've made this assesment of George Bush before, I see him as a well meaning president, however, he has been an umitigated disaster as a manager in the White House. I think the reason is that he surrounded himself initially by people that were less interested in the nations business than their own business. So in many respects, I can see where the critics of George Bush are correct. I don't however buy into the over zealous assumptions that George Bush is hiding under every rock and is responsible for every ill in this country and at some point the people in congress be they Republican or Democrat need to step up and share a little responsiblity for mistakes. I do think that the Bush admisinstration has in the last year gone a long way in correcting the past mistakes in Iraq and have given this nation a way to end that war with honor and dignity.

Because a single payer system has inherent cost savings.

Wrong, because other countries restrict supply. Our fed gov't already pays nearly a third of all health care costs, so we have already socialized medicine to some extent, and there's not much efficiency in billing and collections in spite of that.

Kind of disingenuous because you aren't posting threads about how Sarah Palin was mayor of a town of 7,000 people... she might well be president.

I think it's kind of sad for someone who's obviously intelligent to focus on detritis as opposed to issues.

To me, what's relevant is that McCain has echolalia when it comes to Bush policies. Bush policies are proven failures. That makes Mccain a failure before he even starts.

And let's not even discuss the truth-impaired, ethically challenged Palin.... oh no, if we do that, we're "mean"...

The double standard is appalling.

Just say you disagree with Obama, then there can be a real discussion on real issues.

The problem is that this admin loses on every real issue and, by assent, so does McCain.

But Karl Rove has done a great job getting the right to do his legwork for him now that the "base" is all het up.

jillian I think it's completely fair to ask Sarah Palin about her record, but truthfully thats not what I see most of the time. I see, things about her religion or the fact that her yougest child may not be her's or her teenage daughter is pregnant. On issues . such as the troopergate thing I think its competely fair to ask questions about that, and her past record in office.

I do think though that, the more the Obama campaign keeps it's focus on Palin and less so on McCain the more they are going to slip in this election. If McCain has not done anything else he has done one thing. he has gotten the top of the democratic ticket talking to the number 2 on the Republican ticket and that has taken him off message and helped energize our base for us. If for example the Democrats would have spent more time on message and on records and her legitimate background and less so on this freenzy of off message sillyness , our base would have remained luke warm and our convention would have been less of a hit.

jillian I think it's completely fair to ask Sarah Palin about her record, but truthfully thats not what I see most of the time. I see, things about her religion or the fact that her yougest child may not be her's or her teenage daughter is pregnant. On issues . such as the troopergate thing I think its competely fair to ask questions about that, and her past record in office.

the stuff about Trig not being hers' was only online...that never hit mainstream media so that's not even, IMO, up for discussion.

As for her daughter Bristol, well like Rachel Maddow pointed out, the campaign put her out there...they are parading her around like a poster child for teen pregnancy and they actually expect the media to not comment?

as for her religion, Obama's was questioned and repeatedly slammed based on this same topic.

Why is it okay for one and not the other?

Let's see....

She raised taxes as mayor and left her town deeply in debt.

She has been governor only 20 months and is already under investigation for abuse of power.

She knows nothing about foreign policy, and McCain wants to put her one heartbeat away from the presidency.

And she is a religious right wing nut.

Let's see....

She raised taxes as mayor and left her town deeply in debt.

Pfft ... sounds like a good modern conservative to me ...

She has been governor only 20 months and is already under investigation for abuse of power.

Yeah but she hasn't been indicted yet so it's irrelevant and not to be discussed ...

She knows nothing about foreign policy, and McCain wants to put her one heartbeat away from the presidency.

But Russia is so close to Alaska ... and she's been in a plane getting refueled in other countries ...

And she is a religious right wing nut.

C'mon, Kirk ... what girl doesn't want to have her rapist's or father's baby?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back