Obama admits he's a Muslim

"John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith." - Barack Obama

Washington Times - Obama's verbal slip fuels his critics

Good for him. I'd have no problem voting for a Muslim if he/she shared my values. Obama does not share my values, but his candor and honesty are to be commended.

This is who Palin has ties with:

"The fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government," Vogler said in the interview, in which he talked extensively about his desire for Alaskan secession, the key goal of the AIP.

Depends what principles matter to you, wouldn't you say? If you're about individual freedom in the form of personal privacy, like reproductive choice and maintaining the separation of church and state, then McCain isn't for you. If you're about the freedom to discriminate against gays; to teach your religion in school and to play moral arbiter for anyone who isn't a christian fundamentalist, then Obama shouldn't get your vote.

It's pretty simple, really.

Obama's for personal privacy huh? Then why did he just vote for the FISA amendments which allow the federal government to listen in on your phone conversations and read your e-mail, therefore eliminating our fourth amendment rights? Sounds to me like Obama supports big government just like John McCain, and just like George Bush.

Bob Barr on the other hand, supports limited government and the return of our civil liberties. No more Patriot Act and no more FISA amendments.

In which case we have Obama on terrorist ties. He hung with Ayers longer than she did with the Alaskan group....who aren't true secessionists.

Which is worse, I wonder?

Obama's for personal privacy huh? Then why did he just vote for the FISA amendments which allow the federal government to listen in on your phone conversations and read your e-mail, therefore eliminating our fourth amendment rights? Sounds to me like Obama supports big government just like John McCain, and just like George Bush.

Bob Barr on the other hand, supports limited government and the return of our civil liberties. No more Patriot Act and no more FISA amendments.

Bob Barr as the Libertarian Party nominee makes me laugh at times.

His history makes him one of the last people I'd see doing this.

He was a strong supporter for the War on Drugs.

He wanted medical marijuana banned and advocated for it to be banned.

He was against Gay Marriage (though he later apologized for it this year, 12 years later).

Despite the "sunset clauses" he still voted for the Patriot Act.

He voted for the Iraq Resolution.

He proposed that the Pentagon ban the practice of Wicca in the military.

I realized he's either made a apology for most of those actions but still.

Just seems weird to me but hey, better Bob Barr then John McCain.

on reflection, Obama likely meant to say that McCain hasnt bought into the accusation of him being a muslim
Obama just said it poorly
he's had more gaffes than Dan Quayle, but Quayle still get beat up over it, Obama gets defended
go figure

Bob Barr as the Libertarian Party nominee makes me laugh at times.

His history makes him one of the last people I'd see doing this.

He was a strong supporter for the War on Drugs.

He wanted medical marijuana banned and advocated for it to be banned.

He was against Gay Marriage (though he later apologized for it this year, 12 years later).

Despite the "sunset clauses" he still voted for the Patriot Act.

He voted for the Iraq Resolution.

He proposed that the Pentagon ban the practice of Wicca in the military.

I realized he's either made a apology for most of those actions but still.

Just seems weird to me but hey, better Bob Barr then John McCain.

You're absolutely right, Bob Barr was no better than either candidate just a few short years ago. But for two years now he's been walking the Libertarian walk, and I believe he's genuinely reformed. Better Bob Barr than John McCain OR Barack Obama.

Even the Obama campaign pointed out it was only the washingtontimes who was doing something about this.

One can easily make such a mistake if he was talking about both religions. He then quickly corrected himself.

I think by now if he was Muslim that there be more evidence out there. He's been doing this Campaign for more then eighteen months or so by now.

He didn't need to correct himself. In context, what he said was correct. IOW, McCain has not talked about Obama being a Muslim. Rather easy to understand, IMO.

He also is correct in that a LOT of misinformation is spread over the internet via blogs and political websites. One side is just as guilty as the other.

I also applaud the fact that Obama refused to discuss Palin's 17-years-old daughter. I hadn't heard of that prior to this article. An obvious showing of class some freaks on this board could learn from.

I'm STILL not going to vote for him, but credit where it is due.

And a lameass accusation like this just makes the right look bad.

He didn't need to correct himself. In context, what he said was correct. IOW, McCain has not talked about Obama being a Muslim. Rather easy to understand, IMO.

He also is correct in that a LOT of misinformation is spread over the internet via blogs and political websites. One side is just as guilty as the other.

I also applaud the fact that Obama refused to discuss Palin's 17-years-old daughter. I hadn't heard of that prior to this article. An obvious showing of class some freaks on this board could learn from.

Well the point I'm mostly trying to get across is if he was Muslim then we would of had some more concrete evidence by now.

One of the biggest things people get mad at Barack about is how he went to the church that had Wright for all those years. But that wasn't a Muslim church.

And yes, Barack Obama and Joe Biden both told the media they should stay out of Palin's 17 year old daughter life. Barack Obama also specifically mentioned how his own mother was pregnant with him at 17.

That's the point I was trying to make when he takes the high road on these sort of things.

Well the point I'm mostly trying to get across is if he was Muslim then we would of had some more concrete evidence by now.

One of the biggest things people get mad at Barack about is how he went to the church that had Wright for all those years. But that wasn't a Muslim church.

And yes, Barack Obama and Joe Biden both told the media they should stay out of Palin's 17 year old daughter life. Barack Obama also specifically mentioned how his own mother was pregnant with him at 17.

That's the point I was trying to make when he takes the high road on these sort of things.

I started to point that out about Wright, but didn't really want to deflect the thread. Although, I CAN say, I read none of the pages between your post and mine. Didn't need to. The premise of the accusation is bull.

Obama's attendance of Wright's church for 20+ years DOES concern me. There's just no discussing it on this board. It was tried and the wingnuts went rabid and deflected each and every thread on the topic.

However, you are correct ... it DOES beg the question Which is he? Muslim or Unitarian/Christian insofar as the accusations go. Hard to reconcile the two and see him being both.:lol:

I started to point that out about Wright, but didn't really want to deflect the thread. Although, I CAN say, I read none of the pages between your post and mine. Didn't need to. The premise of the accusation is bull.

Obama's attendance of Wright's church for 20+ years DOES concern me. There's just no discussing it on this board. It was tried and the wingnuts went rabid and deflected each and every thread on the topic.

However, you are correct ... it DOES beg the question Which is he? Muslim or Unitarian/Christian insofar as the accusations go. Hard to reconcile the two and see him being both.:lol:

Well I just find it ironic that some people try to spin that he's a White hating Christian and then spin he's a America hating Muslim. He can't be both, and these people can't make up their minds.

I'm not going to get into the Wright argument because we will just run around in circles. However I think we can both agree that it doesn't add up to say he's both.

However, for the record I believe he's a Christian but a normal one. Not white hating or trying to destroy America.

Last edited:
Well I just find it ironic that some people try to spin that he's a White hating Christian and then spin he's a America hating Muslim. He can't be both, and these people can't make up their minds.

I'm not going to get into the Wright argument because we will just run around in circles. However I think we can both agree that it doesn't add up to say he's both.

However, for the record I believe he's a Christian but a normal one. Not white hating or trying to destroy America.
i dont know that he is a christian(he says he is, but thats between him and God) i dont believe he is a muslim(it wouldnt matter an iota because we dont have a religious test to be POTUS)

but, he keeps making these gaffes, that it seems he has done more often than Dan Quayle did
yet Dan Quayle was ripped to shreds for his and Obama gets a complete pass

i see a massive double standard

We agree he can't be both.

As far as what he is and isn't, I don't know other than to say he claims to be a Christian. I take him at his word on that.

I don't necessarily believe he is "white-hating" nor trying to destroy America. I DO believe he is just another politician, and even where his intentions are good, many are misguided, IMO.

However, it DOES concern me that he attended a church for 20+ years that does not divorce politics and religion, and from the bits and pieces of Wright that I have heard, he DID preach some anti-white American dogma.

All I ever asked was just how much of what Wright preaches does he believe? Same as in the other thread on Palin.

Unless those individuals specifically address that question, we aren't likely to know unless we find out the hard way.

but, he keeps making these gaffes, that it seems he has done more often than Dan Quayle did
yet Dan Quayle was ripped to shreds for his and Obama gets a complete pass

i see a massive double standard
Comparing Obama to Quayle.
You have got to be kidding.

No, you probably aren't. You're that much of a whiner.
:eusa_boohoo:

Once again, you live up to your reputation for fairness.

Comparing Obama to Quayle.
You have got to be kidding.

No, you probably aren't. You're that much of a whiner.
:eusa_boohoo:
no, not in the least, Dan Quayle was WAY better than Obama
thats the point you moron
Obama gets a pass on all his gaffes

Washington Times:

ST. LOUIS, Mo. - Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

The three words -- immediately corrected -- were during an exchange with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week," when he was trying to criticize the quiet smear campaign suggesting he is a Muslim.

But illustrating the difficulty of preventing false rumors about his faith from spreading, anti-Obama groups within one hour of the interview had sliced it out of context and were sending it around via email. They also were blogging about it.

Washington Times - Obama's verbal slip fuels his critics

He obviously just made a mistake and was not trying to say he is a Muslim and has just been "hiding" it from us all along. No Muslim would have attended a Christian church for a couple of decades -no matter how radical leftwing the pastor is.

But this is the sort of thing the whackos from both sides look for pretending this kind of stuff is a legitimate substitute for debate over the issue differences between the candidates. You know, kind of like the whackos claiming Palin's youngest son is her daughter's, that she caused a near riot in Wasilla by repeatedly demanding books be banned, that she mismanaged Wasilla finances and left it destitute when in fact the city did what all cities around the nation do every day -issue bonds in order to improve or expand city infrastructure and Wasilla was left with higher revenues than ever and in such good position that it can retire the debt for their new sports center earlier than expected. That kind of baseless rumor.

I think the hope for people who wallow in rumor-mongering is that if people gets sidetracked on this kind of made-up garbage, people will actually cast their vote based on the most recent rumor they heard rather than policy differences and the very real impact those differences will have on all our lives.

Forum List

Back