Obama administration WANTS high gas prices

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Current average price per gallon is $3.579.
Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

The Obama administration doesn't think that's high enough.
RealClearPolitics - Aren't High Gas Prices What Democrats Want?

In 2008, Steven Chu, Obama's (and, sadly, our own) future secretary of energy (sic) lamented, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." The president, when asked whether he thought $4-a-gallon gas prices were good for the American economy, said, "I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment."

How gradual? Like, what, four years? Or is it eight?
Average price per US gallon in Europe is about $6.00

Subsidizing quixotic green companies or creating carbon credits won't stop the rules of basic economics. If the gas crunch starts hitting the economy, it's doubtless that we will get an earful of populist hand-wringing and that we'll hear the administration once again blame wealthy speculators and nasty oil companies.

Yet in the end, high gas prices are part of the plan. This is what the administration wants.

Last edited:
Current average price per gallon is $3.579.
Daily Fuel Gauge Report--national, state and local average prices for gasoline, diesel and E-85.

Teh Obama administration doesn't think that's high enough.
RealClearPolitics - Aren't High Gas Prices What Democrats Want?

In 2008, Steven Chu, Obama's (and, sadly, our own) future secretary of energy (sic) lamented, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." The president, when asked whether he thought $4-a-gallon gas prices were good for the American economy, said, "I think that I would have preferred a gradual adjustment."

Subsidizing quixotic green companies or creating carbon credits won't stop the rules of basic economics. If the gas crunch starts hitting the economy, it's doubtless that we will get an earful of populist hand-wringing and that we'll hear the administration once again blame wealthy speculators and nasty oil companies.

Yet in the end, high gas prices are part of the plan. This is what the administration wants.

More of unfounded attacks against Obama by Radical Right Wing Extremist scare tactics and hate. Blinded, deafed and dumbed by hatred for Obama.

I wonder.
Where there people at the end of the horse and buggy era who were CONVINCED that automobiles would never catch on and that government shouldn't build paved roads and infrastructure with their tax dollars, by cracky!

More of unfounded attacks against Obama by Radical Right Wing Extremist scare tactics and hate. Blinded, deafed and dumbed by hatred for Obama.

Hey dumbass, how the hell can it be unfounded if it's a direct quote?

Makes sense in Obama's mind. If you have inefficient alternative energy sources you want to push, you have to make gas more expensive. Pushing the Green Industry requires this type of gas pricing.

I wonder.
Where there people at the end of the horse and buggy era who were CONVINCED that automobiles would never catch on and that government shouldn't build paved roads and infrastructure with their tax dollars, by cracky!

You're a dumbass, too. Most roads that were built at that time were built by PRIVATE companies as TOLL roads.

Was this man lying when he said under his plan, electricity rates would skyrocket??
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Tmi_fpUHs]Obama Supports High Gas Prices If They're Gradually Hiked - YouTube[/ame]

Is the quote from Mr. Chu inaccurate?
No. It is correct.

Several sources quote him exactly:

"Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,"

New Topics

Forum List

Back