Obama Administration to meet with Athiest on White House grounds.

I am truly at a loss of words on how to describe the Administration allowing Athiests on the White House grounds. Notice it says White House grounds? Just where? This President is truly doing some disturbing things as Commander n Chief lately. As a Southern Christian Conservative Baptist, this is truly disheartening. God will prevail though.

Obama aides to meet with atheists on White House grounds | McClatchy

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has burnished his Christian credentials, courted Jewish support and preached outreach toward Muslims. On Friday, his administration will host a group that fits none of the above: America's nonbelievers.

The president isn't expected to make an appearance at the meeting with the Secular Coalition for America or to unveil any new policy as a result of it.

Instead, several administration officials will sit down quietly for a morning meeting at the Eisenhower Executive Office Building on the White House campus with about 60 workhorses from the coalition's 10 member groups, including the American Atheists and the Council for Secular Humanism. Tina Tchen, the director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, and representatives from the Justice and Health and Human Services departments will participate.

Coalition leaders are billing their visit as an important meeting between a presidential administration and the "nontheist" community. On the agenda are three policy areas: child medical neglect, military proselytizing and faith-based initiatives.

"We're raising important issues that affect real people's lives," said Sean Faircloth, 49, a former Maine state legislator who's the coalition's executive director.
White House spokesman Shin Inouye downplayed the meeting, saying only that Tchen's office "regularly meets with a wide range of organizations and individuals on a diverse set of issues."

The coalition's board includes such controversy magnets as authors Salman Rushdie ("The Satanic Verses") and Christopher Hitchens ("God Is Not Great"), as well as Michael Newdow, the Sacramento, Calif., doctor who argued against allowing the words "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance before the Supreme Court, but didn't prevail. South Carolina activist Herb Silverman founded the coalition in 2002. It's had a Washington office and a lobbyist since 2005.

"Despite what we hear from Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin, we're in a stage in history where millions upon millions of Americans share a secular perspective on American public policy," Faircloth said. "We think the real 'silent majority,' if you will, is the Americans who say, 'Enough of this religious and even theocratic nature to American policy.' "

Are you saying you believe the occult and the supernatural? The next time you talk to Gawd, ask her to come to my house for dinner. I'll make make her a meal she won't find in heaven.

There's always this ...

wtf+is+this+shit+piccard.jpg

or this ...

picard-facepalm.jpg

I personally like this one!

ed041ebd.gif

facepalm is always a winner

Ok... he's meeting with athiests. Why is that a bad thing? Shouldnt all people be able to petition their government and have the President listen to them?

I mean unless you've got some evidence that they are all planning some mass murder campaign throughout the country, I'm not really that worried.

Forum List

Back