Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

And glad we had at least two standout individuals who WERE willing to step forward and demonstrate for the crowd today, precisely what BLINDING IGNORANCE actually looks like. Ironically, due to their severe handicaps, they've likely never seen it themselves.

So I see you would like to deplete the ozone for the future generations of humans?

How many asthma inhalers does it take to end the world?? What a fucking bunch of mental midgets. 2 spritzes a day is gonna kill future life on the planet? We have acheived complete Idiocracy.....

And there ol' fecalhead's idiotic inability to comprehend the situation again, same as always.

Asthma inhalers are sold all around the world. While they are kind of expensive in the US, they are fairly cheap in most of the rest of the world. Total annual worldwide sakes were calculated at about 7 billion dollars in 2009. Almost certainly higher now. So....tens of millions of fecalhead's "2 spritzes a day" (actually more than that for many asthmatics) happening every year. Individually, a source of like this releases a miniscule amount of gas every time it is used but collectively, all of the inhalers could release a very significant amount of a troublesome ozone destroying gas. Of course there are laws and
PHP:
international agreements to try to eliminate the manufacture and use of this dangerous chemical. So why not switch to a different propellant that isn't harmful to the environment? There are better delivery systems available and better propellants.

The real issue with the cost of inhalers is an entirely different one, but the rightwingnuts' corporate puppet-masters don't want them to look at this other issue involving drug company extortionist pricing, so they distract them with this idiotic, hyper-partisan attack-Obama/attack-EPA/attack the very idea of regulating industry and protecting the environment propaganda drivel.

The Soaring Cost of a Simple Breath

Spoken like a true leftist. Cause the manufacturers to redesign their products and retool their manufacturing for NO SIGNIFICANT GAIN and then blame THEM for the increased price of the product.. Well done Princess. How MANY asthma inhalers would a threat to future life on earth???

How many asthma inhalers does it take to end the world?? What a fucking bunch of mental midgets. 2 spritzes a day is gonna kill future life on the planet? We have acheived complete Idiocracy.....

And there ol' fecalhead's idiotic inability to comprehend the situation again, same as always.

Asthma inhalers are sold all around the world. While they are kind of expensive in the US, they are fairly cheap in most of the rest of the world. Total annual worldwide sakes were calculated at about 7 billion dollars in 2009. Almost certainly higher now. So....tens of millions of fecalhead's "2 spritzes a day" (actually more than that for many asthmatics) happening every year. Individually, a source of like this releases a miniscule amount of gas every time it is used but collectively, all of the inhalers could release a very significant amount of a troublesome ozone destroying gas. Of course there are laws and
PHP:
international agreements to try to eliminate the manufacture and use of this dangerous chemical. So why not switch to a different propellant that isn't harmful to the environment? There are better delivery systems available and better propellants.

The real issue with the cost of inhalers is an entirely different one, but the rightwingnuts' corporate puppet-masters don't want them to look at this other issue involving drug company extortionist pricing, so they distract them with this idiotic, hyper-partisan attack-Obama/attack-EPA/attack the very idea of regulating industry and protecting the environment propaganda drivel.

Spoken like a true leftist. Cause the manufacturers to redesign their products and retool their manufacturing for NO SIGNIFICANT GAIN and then blame THEM for the increased price of the product.. Well done Princess. How MANY asthma inhalers would a threat to future life on earth???

You really are a deranged TROLL, fecalhead. The price that US drug companies overcharge Americans for asthma inhalers has absolutely no relationship to the cost of manufacturing them. As the expose I cited makes crystal clear.

PHP:

Redesign? Retool? For a change of propellant? Are you kidding me? If that took ANYTHING more than the change of some orifice from 0.1mm to 0.11mm, I'll eat my hat. And they've had TWENTY FIVE YEARS to consider how to do it. Pardon me. Correction. They had NINETEEN YEARS to consider how to do it. I forgot THE BAN ON CFC MDIs ALL WENT DOWN SIX GODDAMN YEARS AGO.

Last edited:
human racists are gay

And you, personally, are an ignorant, bigoted asshole.

Oh Gawd!!

s0n......you're doing it wrong. Reminds me of the Jerky Boys skits...... To attorney, "Well yes.....I want to sue because he hurt me with his words!!"

People on the left missed the memo somewhere along the way......cant be folding like a cheap wallet over words somebody says on the stoopid internet. Are you fucking kidding me? :ack-1:Buckle up your chinstrap for Christsakes!!

Last edited:
Tolerance of bigotry is not a virtue, asshole.

No, it's a fundamental requirement of freedom, asshole.

Bri.....guy is part of that crowd who throws themselves off a 100 foot cliff before they'd slightly hurt somebody's feelings. Get hysterical about everything......go full blown mental case over a word or two stated on an internet message board. FCUK......how do these people navigate in the real world?:eek: Imagine working around people like this? I do.....they are the typical shit stirer problem employees that fcuk things up for everybody else with their thin skin. Deal with them all the time.....part of this new culture of hyper-sensitivity brought on by the PC whores, effectively ruining the workplace for everybody else. If you embrace anything traditional and publically state it, they loath you. You become a target. Its becoming an epidemic in my field......human services......these people are social oddballs who were irrelevant growing up and had to embrace this alternative social dynamic so they could feel relevant. Mental cases........

Last edited:
If you're having a harder and harder time finding an approving audience for your bigotry, the world's becoming a better place.

PS, I also expressed such sentiments - when I was ten years old. Grow up.

By the way, the way you've written your whine, it very much sounds as if you are accusing BriPat1234 of getting hysterical and going full blown mental. You might want to adjust those opening lines before he comes after you with a big shillelagh. He's got quite the temper.

I think they used freon because it was the most desirable propellant. It's undoubtedly the most chemically inert. When you're spraying stuff into your lungs, you want it to be inert unless it's medication. Any changes will mean a less desirable substance. I doubt the amounts of freon used for medical purposes are going to have any detectable affect on the environment, but the Kommisars at the EPA are too stupid to consider anything like reasonable exceptions to their Stalinist rules.

Freon? Chemically inert? Try again. Why do you think it was banned, moron? Again, there are safer alternatives. FOR INSTANCE, the inhaler I use doesn't even use a propellant.

It's obviously not totally inert, but it's a lot more inert than Butane.

You assumption that your brand of inhaler is appropriate for anyone lacks any visible means of support.

The fact that it is a widely used brand is all the support I need. Please explain how an inhaler that doesn't use any propellant at all is not a better solution than one that does.

And it's a lot more expensive. What do you imagine a quart of liquid nitrogen costs?

Nitrogen is the most common gas on the planet. How the fuck is it that you believe it is more expensive than a banned, manmade chlorofluorocarbon gas? Did someone drop you on your head as a child? Jeez.

Nitrogen has a boiling point of -320 degrees Fahrenheit. Freon has a boiling point of -21 degrees Fahrenheit. That means the later requires much less energy to condense into a liquid for use as a propellant in aerosol cans. It also means the pressure exerted by evaporating liquid Nitrogen is much greater then the pressure exerted by liquid Freon, which means a can using the former has to be much stronger.

see, the difference between you and I is that I actually know a few things about physics and economics. Whereas you are a total fucking ignoramus who spouts of the first idiocy that pops into your head.

Which is completely irrelevant since no asthma inhaler on the market uses a liquid propellant.

And, as Orogenicman pointed out, inhalers these days commonly have no propellant other than your thumb and index finger.

Mine has a tiny pump in it that is charged when you turn the top of the container. Then you push a button to release a dose. It doesn't get any simpler or safer than that.

Of course, the droplets produced by a pump spray are much larger than the droplets produced by an aerosol can. In other words, the result is much inferior to what an aerosol can gives.

The size of the droplets are a product of the design of the venturi used to deliver the medication, not a function of any propellant used. Argue this all you want, but I've used just about every inhaler on the market, and the one I currently use works just fine. So the argument that is being made that Obama is jeopardizing the health of asthma sufferers is simply right wing bullshite, nothing more.

Mine has a tiny pump in it that is charged when you turn the top of the container. Then you push a button to release a dose. It doesn't get any simpler or safer than that.

Of course, the droplets produced by a pump spray are much larger than the droplets produced by an aerosol can. In other words, the result is much inferior to what an aerosol can gives.
Bullshit. Orogenicman's never runs out of pressure. your aerosol loses pressure every time you use it.

Exactly.

Think of it as eugenics for the 21st century.

But no death panels! :rolleyes:

So I see you would like to deplete the ozone for the future generations of humans?

Since there is already a hole in the ozone layer, perhaps you could show us the calculations indicating what is a 'safe' concentration of chlorofluorocarbons in the atmosphere.

Asthma inhalers are sold all around the world. While they are kind of expensive in the US, they are fairly cheap in most of the rest of the world. Total annual worldwide sakes were calculated at about 7 billion dollars in 2009. Almost certainly higher now. So....tens of millions of fecalhead's "2 spritzes a day" (actually more than that for many asthmatics) happening every year. Individually, a source of like this releases a miniscule amount of gas every time it is used but collectively, all of the inhalers could release a very significant amount of a troublesome ozone destroying gas. Of course there are laws and international agreements to try to eliminate the manufacture and use of this dangerous chemical. So why not switch to a different propellant that isn't harmful to the environment? There are better delivery systems available and better propellants.

My non-propellant inhaler actually costs LESS than the propellant type I was previously using. Next.

Forum List

Back