Obama Administration Offers $75,000 Grants to Sign Up More Food Stamp Recipients

yeah ok..

I can barely take care of myself, I have to work two jobs. but I envy and fear and have hatred for my neighbors.

BUT, I don't ASK my neighbors to TAKE CARE of me.

Yup.

I too know a lot of people getting SNAP who are worthless.

I too do not get SNAP.

Nevertheless, I understand that SNAP is providing truly needed help to people who need it and am reluctantly willing to accept that the system also has parasites.

I don't envy those parasites, however even though I would, if I could, get them off the system

I feel sorry for them because they are what they are.

oh boy..:eusa_whistle:
what you feed that high horse?

A steady diet of truth as I understand it.

It is a very healthy high horse, too, as you clearly must have noticed.

Why does anyone need a grant to sign people up for FS??

Jeeze. Walk into Social Services.

ENVY

That's what most of the complaints about SNAP are really all about, kiddies.

Plenty of hard working people, people living on the margins but who are are not getting SNAP are enviously of those who do.

And as many of these folks know people on SNAP who are worthless pieces of shit, they presume that everybody on SNAP must be the same.

Throw in the 27/7 nonstop propaganda many of them listen too, propaganda designed to appeal to their petty conceits, and designed to make them fearful, too?

That is what is up with THOSE people.

Envy and FEAR motivate their hatred for their neighbors.

Then there are many of us that have dealt directly with people on snap and seen the massive misappropriation of those funds and how terrible the program is as it stands today. No one has argued against what I proposed SNAP should be because there is nothing that can be said against that. If you want help with food you should be given FOOD, not money.

ENVY

Plenty of hard working people, people living on the margins but who are are not getting SNAP are enviously of those who do.

And as many of these folks know people on SNAP who are worthless pieces of shit, they presume that everybody on SNAP must be the same.

Throw in the 27/7 nonstop propaganda many of them listen too, propaganda designed to appeal to their petty conceits, and designed to make them fearful, too?

Then there are many of us that have dealt directly with people on snap and seen the massive misappropriation of those funds and how terrible the program is as it stands today.

What vantage do you have that gives you the ability to SEE " the massive misappropriation of those funds"?

Do you work for a social services organization or something?

No one has argued against what I proposed SNAP should be because there is nothing that can be said against that. If you want help with food you should be given FOOD, not money.

They used to give out FOOD, you know?

Why do you suppose they stopped distributing food, in favor of giving people food stamps, (and now SNAP credit cards)?

It wouldn't have anything to do with efficiency, would it?

dammit, wth is with you people.

Im overseas, serving my country. And to be honest my GF is unemployed, in the state of FL that's been ramrodded by a complete idiot GOP governor. Times are tough. If not for me being a decent man and taking care of my woman, she probable would be on food stamps. For the first time in her life, she is 33.

is this Obamas fault? hell no. that's just insane. When will people like you realize almost 1/4 of America is in poverty. and falling fast. wake up, your American bothers and sisters are hurting.

I'm glad for the first time in her life she's 33.

Let me know if she's ever 33 again.

This is more talk radio garbage. The 2008 Bush meltdown destroyed the housing and financial markets, and initiated an employment crisis that will not be resolved for more than a decade, as a generation of consumers is paralyzed by debt. When people are unemployed, Federal response programs are automatically engaged, no matter who is in office.

The new "Food Stamp" mantra is part of the old Southern Strategy. It is designed to exploit white fear over black welfare. This is very old stuff, and it is the way the GOP exploits the stupidity of their uneducated base. . . who gets most of their information from Talk Radio and Television (i.e., politically sponsored sources). These morons claim to hate government, but they get all their info from government - the Republican Party.

Thanks for throwing out the race-card again.

ENVY

27/7????

Do you think there's 57 states too????

plenty.

People need help right now. its that simple.

why are you against helping others obtain help with life essentials?
First ... Thank You
Not directly but the ideology ... YES!!
In this situation he is buying votes not helping your wife.

During the worst economy since the Great Depression we should be thinking of ways to cut spending, not increase it.

Think of all of the people on Social Security, Medicare, and on Public assistance that will end up getting an IOU like they did in California because Obama wants to act like Santa Claus just to get reelected.

Last edited:
If you go to the links you'll see these grants have been offered since at least 2001.

If there is money to be given why on earth wouldn't you want to encourage the starving elderly to apply for it?

hell yea like having money and using tax deductions and loopholes encouraging others to do same..., why on earth wouldn't you....right?

:lol::happy-1::up:

Forum List

Back