Obama Administration Eyeing Gun Control 'Under the Radar,' Groups Warn Read more: ht

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The Obama administration, after keeping gun control on the back burner for over two years, is prompting concern among gun rights groups that it's slowly starting to squeeze the trigger on tighter regulation.

In the wake of the January shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 18 others, President Obama remained mostly quiet on the firearms front as lawmakers clamored for new restrictions. But the president has since made a public call for tougher background checks. The Justice Department launched a series of meetings with officials and advocates to examine gun control policy. And while gun-control bills in Congress have languished, the administration has started to chip around the edges with its own proposals.

"They're doing a pretty good job ... as Obama has said, 'under the radar.' There's a lot going on under that radar," Gun Owners of America Director Larry Pratt said, referring to a remark Obama reportedly made in a private meeting with gun control advocates. "They've shown us how much they are prepared to do through regulation."

Read more: Obama Administration Eyeing Gun Control 'Under the Radar,' Groups Warn - FoxNews.com

I am sorry Fox is not a ;

Attachments

• $Obamapressapproval.JPG
    $Obamapressapproval.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 102
The Obama administration, after keeping gun control on the back burner for over two years, is prompting concern among gun rights groups that it's slowly starting to squeeze the trigger on tighter regulation.

In the wake of the January shooting of Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and 18 others, President Obama remained mostly quiet on the firearms front as lawmakers clamored for new restrictions. But the president has since made a public call for tougher background checks. The Justice Department launched a series of meetings with officials and advocates to examine gun control policy. And while gun-control bills in Congress have languished, the administration has started to chip around the edges with its own proposals.

"They're doing a pretty good job ... as Obama has said, 'under the radar.' There's a lot going on under that radar," Gun Owners of America Director Larry Pratt said, referring to a remark Obama reportedly made in a private meeting with gun control advocates. "They've shown us how much they are prepared to do through regulation."

Read more: Obama Administration Eyeing Gun Control 'Under the Radar,' Groups Warn - FoxNews.com

NOTE that it appears they are using another tragedy to hit the point home?

*UNTIL* there is a Constitutional convention to amend the Second?

These politicians are pissing into a strong headwind of CAT 5 Hurricaine proportions.

Prediction: Propaganda Minister Jessie Lee will attack Fox News for running this true story but not HuffPo.
Obama Looking For Ways Around Congress On Gun Policy

Is it of any shock to anyone that this POTUS is always looking for ways to circumvent the Constitution, Rule of LAW, and the Congress?

*Not Me* It's in Obama's DNA...he has ZERO respect for that which he SWORE an oath to protect and defend...

Does that make him a liar? *YES*

If I were a gun owner, I would run out and buy more guns and ammo. You know it is only a matter of time before Obama takes away your guns

Why are you still here?

Go Now.....america depends on it

And if any of these restrictions come into existence, they’ll be challenged in court. But I doubt this will happen in an election year. This is just a crumb to Obama’s supports, if even that.

As to the blocked sale of surplus rifles from Korea, that is unfortunate and nothing can be done about it. And needless to say the notion of the rifles falling into the ‘wrong hands’ is ridiculous. If an ignorant criminal got a hold of an M1, for example, he’d probably use modern ammo and bend the op rod.

Forum List

Back