Obama administration admits that Obama care is unsustainable. Color me shocked

Without this portion of the law being fully functional it will collapse financially. Without the money and skyrocketing premiums its dead in the water.

Unless the poor getting raped on premiums is okay in your world.

obama still can't dismiss it. it's not within the scope of his responsibility. sorry

I'm sure that term was ment as a figure of speech and wasn't ment in its literal form.

Obviously, he did not.

He dismissed a core piece of the law.

I find it hard to believe that ending CLASS will put an end to the entire law. I'm sure the people who crafted the law were a little smarter than that. I think you guys are getting a little too excited and ahead of yourselves.

Lol @ them being smart enough to have a back up plan. They barely got this one through. And they are basically admitting its broken if they are now reporting it to congress no?

They admitted that one portion of the law is unsustainable. That is hardly an admission that the entire law is broken - hence the charge that your OP is disingenuous.

Without this portion of the law being fully functional it will collapse financially. Without the money and skyrocketing premiums its dead in the water.

obama still can't dismiss it. it's not within the scope of his responsibility. sorry

I'm sure that term was ment as a figure of speech and wasn't ment in its literal form.

exactly

I find it hard to believe that ending CLASS will put an end to the entire law. I'm sure the people who crafted the law were a little smarter than that. I think you guys are getting a little too excited and ahead of yourselves.

If they were a little smarter than that, why did they craft a part of the law that HAD to be self-sustainable, and later discover that as written it was NOT?

I don't know. Show me how the end of CLASS puts an end to the entire law.

Did 'I' say it would? no, I did not.

I simply asked if they were so smart, how did they end up writing a core piece of the new law (which HAD to be self sustainable), only to find out it wasn't when they went to implement it?

You are not hearing me. The entire bill would have to be repealed or amended in CONGRESS.

Well it wasn't ment to mislead. And I believe as I stated earlier that it is unknown at this time what the ultimate outcome will be. But at the same time I don't see how it could function without a key component to the financial side of it.

You are not hearing me. The entire bill would have to be repealed or amended in CONGRESS.

How are they removing or ending the CLASS part then? Dont get me wrong, I agree with you. I'm just wondering how they can end just that piece.

I started a thread on this, its called- CLASS - Community Living Assistance Services and Supports program, its on part of obamacare.

I completely understand what your saying. I just think you misunderstood what Josef was implying and as such you went off in a different direction. But I'm sure your point is completely valid.

Well it wasn't ment to mislead. And I believe as I stated earlier that it is unknown at this time what the ultimate outcome will be. But at the same time I don't see how it could function without a key component to the financial side of it.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that the OP is misleading since nobody from the Obama administration said that the entire law is in jeopardy. Maybe it is. That is debatable. But it is not debatable that Obama admitted the law is dead, because he said no such thing.

2000 pages plus.
Deals made behind closed doors to get it done.
Nancy Pelosi...We need to pass it to see what's in it.
Tons of waivers given out to cronies.
Forcing people to buy into it ruled by a court to be unconstitutional.
Found not to able to fund parts of it....

What a joke.

Could you be any more disingenuous? The Obama administration decided that ONE ASPECT of the law is unsustainable, not the entire law. If you want to talk about that, fine, but don't pretend that Obama just dismissed the entire law.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that the OP is misleading since nobody from the Obama administration said that the entire law is in jeopardy. Maybe it is. That is debatable. But it is not debatable that Obama admitted the law is dead, because he said no such thing.
Correct, the issue in the article concerns only the long-term care portion.

But as usual facts are irrelevant to the right – creating an incorrect perception is the only important thing.

After months insisting that could be fixed, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finally acknowledged Friday she doesn't see how.

"Despite our best analytical efforts, I do not see a viable path forward for CLASS implementation at this time," Sebelius said in a letter to congressional leaders."

The CLASS Act was a long-term care program; it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the law or the health insurance pieces of it.

That is a major part of the law. How many votes would have been changes to NAY if the Congress had known that ahead of time?

...none? It was the pet project of a dying senator with a lot of clout; I'm not sure anyone else really cared about it.

Sarah Kliff: Tell me more about why you decided to offer that amendment.

Sen. Judd Gregg: I knew we weren't going to kill the CLASS Act because it was Sen. Ted Kennedy’s proposal, and he was very sick, and most of us were very sensitive to the fact he was sick. This was his last hurrah, legislatively. I knew we were going to implement it, although I didn’t think the concept was sound. Conceptually, it makes sense to prefund long-term care insurance.... but what this bill did was just the opposite. It was totally unsound.

My thought was, let’s put in an amendment that would be hard to oppose, that in effect would either make the proposal sound or would kill it. [...]

SK: Does the end of the CLASS Act say anything about the rest of the health law? Or is this an isolated incident?

JG: This was a sidecar. This was not a core element of the overall bill. It was put in as a courtesy to Sen. Kennedy. I do happen to think the overall bill is going to massively fail on the fiscal side and probably fail on the substantive side too. But you can separate off the CLASS act as not having an effect on the underlying bill, even though the underlying bill will also fail.​

It's not misleading. It is being reported that the law can not stand without this portion.

Then stop reading "reporting" from idiots.

How can obama dismiss any law? I need someone to explain that to me. The bill in it's entirety was signed into law. How can he dismiss any part of that law?

Your answer is in the OP. This particular piece of the law required certification from the Secretary of HHS to go forward.

After months insisting that could be fixed, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius finally acknowledged Friday she doesn't see how.

"Despite our best analytical efforts, I do not see a viable path forward for CLASS implementation at this time," Sebelius said in a letter to congressional leaders."

The CLASS Act was a long-term care program; it doesn't have anything to do with the rest of the law or the health insurance pieces of it.

That is a major part of the law. How many votes would have been changes to NAY if the Congress had known that ahead of time?

...none? It was the pet project of a dying senator with a lot of clout; I'm not sure anyone else really cared about it.

Sarah Kliff: Tell me more about why you decided to offer that amendment.

Sen. Judd Gregg: I knew we weren't going to kill the CLASS Act because it was Sen. Ted Kennedy’s proposal, and he was very sick, and most of us were very sensitive to the fact he was sick. This was his last hurrah, legislatively. I knew we were going to implement it, although I didn’t think the concept was sound. Conceptually, it makes sense to prefund long-term care insurance.... but what this bill did was just the opposite. It was totally unsound.

My thought was, let’s put in an amendment that would be hard to oppose, that in effect would either make the proposal sound or would kill it. [...]

SK: Does the end of the CLASS Act say anything about the rest of the health law? Or is this an isolated incident?

JG: This was a sidecar. This was not a core element of the overall bill. It was put in as a courtesy to Sen. Kennedy. I do happen to think the overall bill is going to massively fail on the fiscal side and probably fail on the substantive side too. But you can separate off the CLASS act as not having an effect on the underlying bill, even though the underlying bill will also fail.​

It's not misleading. It is being reported that the law can not stand without this portion.

Then stop reading "reporting" from idiots.

How can obama dismiss any law? I need someone to explain that to me. The bill in it's entirety was signed into law. How can he dismiss any part of that law?

Your answer is in the OP. This particular piece of the law required certification from the Secretary of HHS to go forward.

what about the 86 billion they said using this prgm would save as to an overall savings for 'obamacare'?

ModelMayhem.com - WH Concedes Healthcare Law Is Unsustainable

"Despite our best analytical efforts, I do not see a viable path forward for CLASS implementation at this time," Sebelius said in a letter to congressional leaders.

The law requiredthe administration to certify that CLASS would remain financially solvent for 75 years before it could be put into place.

But officials said they discovered they could not make CLASS both affordable and financially solvent while keeping it a voluntary program open to virtually all workers, as the law also required.

Monthly premiums would have ranged from $235 to $391, even as high as $3,000 under some scenarios, the administration said. At those prices, healthy people were unlikely to sign up. Suggested changes aimed at discouraging enrollment by people in poor health could have opened the program to court challenges, officials said.

"If healthy purchasers are not attracted ...thenpremiums will increase, which will make it even more unattractiveto purchasers who could also obtain policies in the private market," Kathy Greenlee,the lead official on CLASS, said in a memo to Sebelius. That "would cause the program to quickly collapse."

Don't ya think your OP is a little disingenuous? It only relates to long-term care.

Obama White House Waffles On CLASS Act

Sec. Kathleen Sebelius: The CLASS Program

Obama Administration Cuts Major Part Of Health Care Reform Law: CLASS Long-Term Insurance Program Canceled

The USA is going to be tinkering with NHC FOREVER. Try and remain calm, dittoheads. This kind of fear mongering Pubcrappe will also go on forever (see death panels, huge costs, lose your doctor, waiver BS). The sky is STILL not falling. Brainwashed morons...

The USA is going to be tinkering with NHC FOREVER. Try and remain calm, dittoheads. This kind of fear mongering Pubcrappe will also go on forever (see death panels, huge costs, lose your doctor, waiver BS). The sky is STILL not falling. Brainwashed morons...

Wait!...... There is a sky?!? I thought that was a pub dupe by faux

Forum List

Back