Obama admin refuses to relax Plan B restriction

Obama administration refuses to relax Plan B restrictions - The Washington Post

I bet liberals won't know how to react to this, but will try to blame it on Bush.

From the article:

In a rare public split among federal health officials, the Health and Human Services Department overruled a decision by the Food and Drug Administration to make the drug available to anyone of any age without a restriction.

Perhaps you think that liberals would like 12 yr old girls to be able to buy boxes of this drug off of drugstore shelves without their parents' knowledge. Maybe some liberals would be okay with that, but not this one.

Now, are you willing to acknowledge that this is a good move, or would you like to use this as an opportunity to bash Obama?

Last edited:

I bet liberals won't know how to react to this, but will try to blame it on Bush.

From the article:

In a rare public split among federal health officials, the Health and Human Services Department overruled a decision by the Food and Drug Administration to make the drug available to anyone of any age without a restriction.

Perhaps you think that liberals would like 12 yr old girls to be able to buy boxes of this drug off of drugstore shelves without their parents' knowledge. Maybe some liberals would be okay with that, but not this one.

Now, are you willing to acknowledge that this is a good move, or would you like to use this as an opportunity to bash Obama?

You do realize that you are the exception in this, don't you?

By the way, I agree with you, it was a good move.

Well... I think Plan B is better than a girl having an abortion a month or two later.

One of the problems with the Plan B drug is that it's only effective for 72 hours... for getting in to see a Dr, getting a prescription and administering the medicine, that's an awful tight window.

I don't know... I'm kind of torn on this one... I can see both sides to the argument.

From the article:

You do realize that you are the exception in this, don't you?

By the way, I agree with you, it was a good move.

Actually, I'm a bit torn. I don't want to see a bunch of teens getting pregnant, but I also don't like the idea of young girls buying boxes of this drug right off the shelf. I think that a middle ground could be found. Instead of a blanket ban on girls under 17 being able to buy it on their own, we could lower the age to say, 15. Then maybe for girls under 17, limiting the number of purchases per year - like one or two - without parental consent. I don't know how easy it would be to enforce such regulations. Just a thought. I do see both sides on this one.

Forum List

Back