Obama Ad Alleges Romney Role in 'Notorious' Tax Scandal

You know the ironic thing is, Romney has no doubt paid more in taxes in one year than the clown liberal members herevwill in their entire lives.

Depends on the year. Romney can afford to pay tons of cash for tax attorneys. I can't.

Shit why would you need to?

Oh, I know....you have problems filling out that EZ form.

Well? Is this latest charge against Romney true or not? We shall see.

I would like to see the ad to determine its veracity.

Marriott was never prosecuted for using the Son of BOSS tax shelter scheme, as far as I know.

There were hundreds, if not thousands, of businesses which used that kind of shelter. Some were found to be fraudulent. The IRS has lost other Son of BOSS cases which it attempted to prosecute.

The tax shelter, in and of itself, is not illegal.

I don't believe you will find Marriott was ever prosecuted.
Wrong and wrong.

Romney as Audit Chair Saw Marriott Son of BOSS Shelter Defy IRS - Bloomberg

During Romney’s tenure as a Marriott director, the company repeatedly utilized complex tax-avoidance maneuvers, prompting at least two tangles with the Internal Revenue Service, records show. In 1994, while he headed the audit committee, Marriott used a tax shelter known to attorneys by its nickname: “Son of BOSS.”

A federal appeals court invalidated the maneuver in a 2009 ruling, siding with the U.S. Department of Justice, which called Marriott’s transaction and attempted tax benefits “fictitious,” “artificial,” “spectral,” an “illusion” and a “scheme.” Marriott had argued the plan predated government efforts to close such shelters.

You know the ironic thing is, Romney has no doubt paid more in taxes in one year than the clown liberal members herevwill in their entire lives.

Depends on the year. Romney can afford to pay tons of cash for tax attorneys. I can't.

Shit why would you need to?

Oh, I know....you have problems filling out that EZ form.

You can't fill out an EZ form if you have rental income.

Though I have no idea what you have against salaried employees with no children.

Reliable sources, very reliable sources, who wish to remain unnamed for obvious reasons, have confirmed that Obama raped a baby while engaging in a gay 'man-sex for money' scam to buy heroin. The "H" was then inserted into his gay lover's rectum post ejaculation, whereby Obama would extract the heroin by using a straw. The extracted "H" would then be reinserted up Obama's own rectum. Obama then would transport the "H" across state lines to be sold to first and second grade school children. So essentially Obama is a baby rapist, ass-spunk felcher, drug dealer, and drug mule. It's confirmed. My source is at least as reliable as the Senate Majority leader and former speaker of the House.

Hit the road Zander if you have nothing credible to add to the thread topic.

What ever do you mean? I have at least as much credibility as Harry Reid and Nancy "I see dead people" Pelosi. These are serious allegations and they deserve serious discussion. What's the big deal anyway? Obama can make all of this go away by simply releasing all of the documents he is keeping secret. What is he hiding??

Zander, he's desperately begging you to add some credibility to this thread since it started out with none to begin with. Can't you throw the guy a boner?!?

Uninformed sources tell me that Harry Reid is a "person of interest" in connection with the kidnapping and murder of prostitutes from the Las Vegas strip in the 70's

Reliable sources, very reliable sources, who wish to remain unnamed for obvious reasons, have confirmed that Obama raped a baby while engaging in a gay 'man-sex for money' scam to buy heroin. The "H" was then inserted into his gay lover's rectum post ejaculation, whereby Obama would extract the heroin by using a straw. The extracted "H" would then be reinserted up Obama's own rectum. Obama then would transport the "H" across state lines to be sold to first and second grade school children. So essentially Obama is a baby rapist, ass-spunk felcher, drug dealer, and drug mule. It's confirmed. My source is at least as reliable as the Senate Majority leader and former speaker of the House.
Mitt's new campaign ad? Awesome!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-EEETo3Sqo&feature=player_embedded]America Deserves Better - YouTube[/ame]

It is awesome!

Well? Is this latest charge against Romney true or not?

Considering Obama's track record of his lack of honesty, i doubt it's true.

That would be the first claim the Obama campaign has made about Romney that turned out to be true.

They obviously don't care if their claims are true. They will say anything so long as it keeps the focus off his record.

That's a good add - it kicks him right square in the yarbles.

Mitt's new campaign ad? Awesome!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-EEETo3Sqo&feature=player_embedded]America Deserves Better - YouTube[/ame]

It is awesome!

Marriott was never prosecuted for using the Son of BOSS tax shelter scheme, as far as I know.

There were hundreds, if not thousands, of businesses which used that kind of shelter. Some were found to be fraudulent. The IRS has lost other Son of BOSS cases which it attempted to prosecute.

Wrong and wrong.

During Romney’s tenure as a Marriott director, the company repeatedly utilized complex tax-avoidance maneuvers, prompting at least two tangles with the Internal Revenue Service, records show. In 1994, while he headed the audit committee, Marriott used a tax shelter known to attorneys by its nickname: “Son of BOSS.”

A federal appeals court invalidated the maneuver in a 2009 ruling, siding with the U.S. Department of Justice, which called Marriott’s transaction and attempted tax benefits “fictitious,” “artificial,” “spectral,” an “illusion” and a “scheme.” Marriott had argued the plan predated government efforts to close such shelters.

Are you so stupid that you can't see the 15 years between the time of occurrence and the time it was ruled invalid?

God, you fucking loons are desperate!!

Wrong and wrong.

Are you so stupid that you can't see the 15 years between the time of occurrence and the time it was ruled invalid?

Hey pinhead, Marriot's APPEAL was lost in 2009.

COLORADO SPRINGS - As he decries the negativity of campaign ads while on the stump in battleground states, President Obama should take a close look in the mirror. His campaign Thursday continued its vigorous pace of attacks on rival Mitt Romney, with a new TV ad alleging the presumptive GOP presidential nominee once participated in "one of the largest tax avoidance schemes in history."

"We do know that Romney personally approved over $70 million in fictional losses to the IRS as part of the notorious 'Son of Boss' tax scandal," the narrator says, "One of the largest tax avoidance schemes in history. Isn't it time for Romney to come clean?"

The ad refers to Romney's role as chairman of the audit committee for hotel giant Marriott International for six years in the 1990s. During that time, the company took advantage of complicated tax avoidance measures, including the so-called "Son of Boss" tax shelter which was later challenged successfully by the Justice Department and IRS. Romney, as an auditor, presumably knew about the practice.

The Obama campaign says the ad, which will air in Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio, fairly illustrates a pattern of behavior by Romney to minimize tax liabilities in his personal life and in business dealings.

"These questions are especially relevant given voters' heightened attention in this election to the fate of their own tax rates, and the central role tax reform will play in the next administration," said Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt in a memo to reporters.
Obama's pointing a finger at Romney for $70m?

Could it be that he's looking for cover for his demand phone call to the US Treasury to demand they write a $735m check to Solyndra, Inc. on the spot?

You know, the Obama donor/supporters/owners of Solyndra who canned 1,100 employees in Fremont California on the spot a year after it got the $735m check from Obama. Yes, that Solyndra.

Obama's people have taken a parse of facts on a private transaction to smear the opponent with so Americans will forget about Obama's $735 gift of YOUR MONEY to HIS PALS.

Where's the court conviction on President Obama's allegation of wrongdoing against Governor Romney, or is this just a political prank coming from Obama's team character assassins?

Last edited:

Wrong and wrong.

Doesn't take a genius to figure out that writing down fake losses is subverting the intent of Congress when they passed the tax code.

Wrong and wrong.

Hey pinhead, Marriot's APPEAL was lost in 2009.

Go read the link and get back to me...

COLORADO SPRINGS - As he decries the negativity of campaign ads while on the stump in battleground states, President Obama should take a close look in the mirror. His campaign Thursday continued its vigorous pace of attacks on rival Mitt Romney, with a new TV ad alleging the presumptive GOP presidential nominee once participated in "one of the largest tax avoidance schemes in history."

"We do know that Romney personally approved over $70 million in fictional losses to the IRS as part of the notorious 'Son of Boss' tax scandal," the narrator says, "One of the largest tax avoidance schemes in history. Isn't it time for Romney to come clean?"

The ad refers to Romney's role as chairman of the audit committee for hotel giant Marriott International for six years in the 1990s. During that time, the company took advantage of complicated tax avoidance measures, including the so-called "Son of Boss" tax shelter which was later challenged successfully by the Justice Department and IRS. Romney, as an auditor, presumably knew about the practice.

The Obama campaign says the ad, which will air in Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio, fairly illustrates a pattern of behavior by Romney to minimize tax liabilities in his personal life and in business dealings.

"These questions are especially relevant given voters' heightened attention in this election to the fate of their own tax rates, and the central role tax reform will play in the next administration," said Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt in a memo to reporters.
Obama's pointing a finger at Romney for $70m?

Could it be that he's looking for cover for his demand phone call to the US Treasury to demand they write a $735m check to Solyndra, Inc. on the spot?

You know, the Obama donor/supporters/owners of Solyndra who canned 1,100 employees in Fremont California on the spot a year after it got the $735m check from Obama. Yes, that Solyndra.

Obama's people have taken a parse of facts on a private transaction to smear the opponent with so Americans will forget about Obama's $735 gift of YOUR MONEY to HIS PALS.

Where's the court conviction on President Obama's allegation of wrongdoing against Governor Romney, or is this just a political prank coming from Obama's team character assassins?

To date, four children of Solyndra employees have died from razor blades in apples from Harry Reid's house.

true story

This is why Obama makes up scandals about Romney........

romney-vs-obama-wealth-creation.png

Forum List

Back