Obama 47% to McCain 41%

Swift Boated is a nice term, that makes it sound like he was wronged in some way. When in fact the swift boaters had every right to express how they felt about a guy who had said some pretty horrible things about them, and their fellow Vets.

Obama is not being swift boated He is being Obamad. His own silly comments are what are hurting him in the polls today.

I am sorry buy claiming inflating your tires and getting a tune up can save as much oil as we could drill for is patently insane and Americans are smarter than that.

Claiming "they" will try and scare you and say I do not look like other presidents, is playing the race card and Americans do not like it.

Changing positions on such things as FISA, and Now Drilling upset his base and also cost him in the polls.

IMO Obama is forgetting the golden rule. Which is you can not please all people all the time. He is trying to say what he thinks people want to hear, and it is back firing on him. It is pretty sad, because by all rights he should be kicking McCains ass. Because we all know McCain is a pretty weak candidate. (note I admit this, while most Dems and Liberals in here fail to note the same about Obama)

Last edited:
Why would you like a mccain win? You said you hated both.

:redface:

I hate McCain a tad less than the Policies of Obama, which I believe would take us from Near recession to full fledged Depression. I could be wrong, but I do not think I am. So therefore I would rather see McCain win.

Do not mistake me not wanting to support him, because I feel he is a slap in the face to Conservatives, for me wanting to see Obama win. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Keep in mind, I do not like McCain because I think he is not a true conservative. Now that said, how could you think Because I do not like McCain, I would like Obama. If what I want is a conservative in Office. A REAL CONSERVATIVE. I am not going to get it with either guy, but McCain is damn sure closer to one than Obama. The more I hear Obama talk the more I think I can not afford to waste my vote on a 3rd party. IMO Obama would be a disaster. Even more so than Bush has been.

Last edited:
I hate McCain a tad less than the Policies of Obama, which I believe would take us from Near recession to full fledged Depression. I could be wrong, but I do not think I am. So therefore I would rather see McCain win.

Do not mistake me not wanting to support him, because I feel he is a slap in the face to Conservatives, for me wanting to see Obama win. Nothing could be further from the truth.

It's okay. Obama will be elected and the country will not collapse. Your fear tactics will not effect the election. Obama is not the coming of the apocalypse, like you would have us believe.

It's okay. Obama will be elected and the country will not collapse. Your fear tactics will not effect the election. Obama is not the coming of the apocalypse, like you would have us believe.

I have said nothing of the sort. Apocalypse? Tone down the drama pal. I just think his Polices will lead to even more Economic hardship.

I will give you this, I think no matter who wins, we are in for some very hard times. However I simply think Obama would be worse for the Economy than McCain.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I am simply telling you how I feel. I do not expect to change anyones mind.

I
have said nothing of the sort. Apocalypse? Tone down the drama pal. I just think his Polices will lead to even more Economic hardship.

I will give you this, I think no matter who wins, we are in for some very hard times. However I simply think Obama would be worse for the Economy than McCain.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I am simply telling you how I feel.

You said obama will bring on "full fledged Depression".
I do not expect to change anyones mind.

Why do you post on here then?

with the amount of positive press O'Bama has received one would think He'd be up by 20 now
also going against a weak candidate like McCain
Both Ways Barack has been digging his own grave.
the guy can only get so far by saying almost nothing or taking much of a strong stance on any issue.
(and why do the Gay republicans use inverted pentagrams?)

Last edited:
You said obama will bring on "full fledged Depression".

And I do think he very well could, but then a depression is hardly the same thing as apocalypse now is it.

I Think we are in serious economic trouble already, and I think Most of the Ideas Obama has expressed are exactly the wrong thing to do at this time.

Why do you post on here then?

To Express my opinions, and stop from boring my wife with them :)

Last edited:

Keep in mind, I do not like McCain because I think he is not a true conservative. Now that said, how could you think Because I do not like McCain, I would like Obama. If what I want is a conservative in Office. A REAL CONSERVATIVE. I am not going to get it with either guy, but McCain is damn sure closer to one than Obama. The more I hear Obama talk the more I think I can not afford to waste my vote on a 3rd party. IMO Obama would be a disaster. Even more so than Bush has been.

I think many would agree with that
that's about where I am
if it takes voting for McCain to stop O'Bama
I guess
though my choice was Ron Paul

Ha ha! 41%??? Can't win with that number! Damn, that's pretty low!

Obama leads McCain nationally in AP-Ipsos poll - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON - Solid margins among women, minorities and young voters have powered Barack Obama to a 6 percentage point lead over John McCain in the presidential race, according to a poll released Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Obama is ahead of his Republican rival 47 percent to 41 percent, The Associated Press-Ipsos poll showed. The survey was taken after the Democratic senator from Illinois had returned from a trip to Middle Eastern and European capitals, and during a week that saw the two camps clash over which had brought race into a campaign in which Obama is striving to become the first African-American president.

McCain, the senator from Arizona, is leading by 10 points among whites and is even with Obama among men, groups with whom Republicans traditionally do well in national elections.

Obama leads by 13 points among women, by 30 points among voters up to age 34, and by 55 points among blacks, Hispanics and other minorities, the poll shows.

Independent Ralph Nader and Libertarian Bob Barr both won support from less than 5 percent of the registered voters surveyed. When people were asked who they would support if Nader and Barr were not on the ballot, Obama's lead over McCain was virtually unchanged.

The poll showed a huge Democratic advantage when voters ponder which party they would like to see control Congress next year. Democrats were favored over Republicans 53 percent to 35 percent, underscoring the mountainous disadvantage McCain and other GOP candidates are facing in the Nov. 4 voting.

The poll illustrated other ways damage has been inflicted on the Republican brand name as well.

Just 18 percent think the country is moving in the right direction, and only 31 percent approve of the job President Bush is doing. Both readings are a bit better than the record lows in the AP-Ipsos poll that both measures scored in mid-July.

Congressional approval was at 19 percent, just above last month's all-time AP-Ipsos low. Because Congress is almost always widely disliked as an institution and its members come from both parties, that reading is usually a murky measure of whether the majority party — Democrats this year — is in trouble.

The poll was conducted from July 31-Aug. 4 and involved telephone interviews with 1,002 adults, for whom the margin of sampling error was plus or minus 3.1 percentage points. Included were interviews with 833 registered voters, for whom the error margin was plus or minus 3.4 points.

Omg...no Obama leads MCcain in one poll.:eek:

You do understand polls change, and that just cause you lead in one poll doesn't mean you lead in another.

:eek: Kerry had the same exact lead over Bush in 2004...
http://www.pstrategies.com/publications/20040806_psi.pdf

Regarding polls, today about an election that's three month's hence? A little reminder...

There's many a slip t'wix cup and lip

That's a bit incongruous.

First part - it has to do with race.

Second part - it doesn't have to do with race.

Flip flop! No wonder you're supporting the Obamanation :cuckoo:

No... not really. In the same way that it took a staunch anti-commie to open China when Nixon did it. A conservative black man would have been easier for for certain segments of people to vote for and would have given them more of a comfort level.

You do know that unlike the nice little world painted by the right, things often aren't nice and neat and actually take thought. :D

Forum List

Back