Obama 2013 Recession...Yup

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
But..don't expect Obama to take the blame or Democrats to stop making excuses...mmkay

--------------------------:party:

There are at least three reasons why an Obama victory will almost surely lead to a recession in 2013:

(1) Obama’s version of the “Wealth Tax.” As part of his reelection ploy, FDR proposed what he dubbed a “Wealth Tax.” As he explained to Congress in June 1935, “Our revenue laws have operated in many ways to the unfair advantage of the few, and they have done little to prevent the unjust concentration of wealth and economic power. … Social unrest and a deepening sense of unfairness are dangers to our national life which we must minimize by rigorous methods.” [See here.]

Similarly, Obama wants to impose a number of new taxes on those he considers wealthy—individuals making more than $200,000 and families making more than $250,000. Take the dividends tax, for example, which currently sits at 15 percent. The president’s proposal will nearly triple that tax, to 43.4 percent, at a time when the Fed’s low-interest rate policy has driven investors toward dividend-paying stocks in the hope of getting some return on their money. Think a tripling of the dividend tax, and a 33 percent increase of the capital gains tax from 15 percent to 20 percent, just might have detrimental impact on investing?

(2) The certainty of uncertainty. The uncertainties created by the explosion of regulations, taxes and mandates (e.g., most employers must provide health insurance) will encourage businesses to remain hunkered down and sitting on their cash, unsure what challenges and costs they face when hiring and expanding.

But it’s not because employers are greedy or evil, which was the constant message emerging from speakers at the Democratic convention. They are doing exactly what most families do in times of uncertainty. If you know your job is shaky, or that you may see your income decline, you will likely postpone major or unnecessary purchases until the situation is clearer or more stable. Obama’s policies have created massive uncertainties among employers—and employees, for that matter—who will sit on their hands, and cash, a little longer if he is reelected.

And note that this uncertainty discussion doesn’t include the additional uncertainty created by other factors, such as what Congress will do to address the government’s debt limit coming around year’s end. It was this very battle that tanked the stock market in August of 2011 and led to a downgrading of the country’s credit rating. Could the economy stand a similar downturn without turning negative?

The Coming 'Obama Recession' Of 2013 - Forbes

.. and a little more...

3) The government-spending binge. FDR ran up government spending from 6 percent to 9 percent of the economy, while Obama increased it from about 20 percent of GDP under George W. Bush to nearly 25 percent. [See this graph.]

To sustain that level of spending the government must dramatically increase the tax burden and/or borrow like a drunken liberal. The president has done both—$5 trillion worth of new debt—and will do a lot more. Both actions suck capital from markets and the private sector that is needed to boost real economic growth.

But that isn’t the worst of it. Obama says he wants to “invest” in the U.S., by which he means confiscating trillions of dollars from the private sector to squander on “investments” the administration thinks are beneficial—especially to his political future. Economists refer to this practice as “mal-investment,” because the government handouts are based on political motives rather than the profit motive. It is a sign of the unusual times we live in when so many Americans think that buying votes with their own money is morally and economically superior to making a buck the old-fashioned way—by earning it.

FDR undertook all three approaches and it resulted in the Roosevelt recession of 1937. If Obama is reelected and follows the same path, which is what he promises to do, it will lead to the Obama recession of 2013.

Would a Mitt Romney victory in November avoid a recession? It’s hard to say, since too much economic damage may have already been done. In fact, we could slip back into recession before inauguration day.

But if a President-elect Romney were to make it clear that he would cut government spending immediately, not raise taxes and curb or eliminate the Obama regulation-palooza, companies would begin to invest the trillions of dollars they are currently holding—because that’s what companies do when it makes business sense to do so.

While it might not be enough to save us from a recession, it would be minor compared to the economic hit we’ll take if a reelected Obama is able to get his agenda passed.

The Coming 'Obama Recession' Of 2013 - Forbes

After 30 years of Voodoo and a Pub depression, the problem is good jobs and DEMAND, hardly the bloated rich. A jobs act in the short run, and spending on education and training would do wonders.

FCS, we're talking about a 4% rise here...

After 30 years of Voodoo and a Pub depression, the problem is good jobs and DEMAND, hardly the bloated rich. A jobs act in the short run, and spending on education and training would do wonders.

Democrats are like excuse machines.. will they ever man up...?

Talking points and insults ONLY. see sig pp1 for all voodoo has done for us.

The rich are bloated, the raisng taxes and crushing regulation are total BS, a recession would be due to more mindless Pub obstruction, so I don't see it now. That jig is UP.

Last edited:
Talking points and insults ONLY. see sig pp1 for all voodoo has done for us.

The rich are bloated, the raisng taxes and crushing regulation are total BS, a recession would be due to more mindless Pub obstruction, so I don't see it now. That jig is UP.

I want a number form you now, how much in revenues would taxing the rich bring in, then how much of that is used to pay down the annual deficit. Until you do that all you are is a talking point.

Last edited:

What a shock...more spending..
Wasn't the stimulus the way to go...
Now we just call it something else and that makes it all better.
Let's spend more money we don't have.

We have had more than 30 years of progressive spending and policies, that's easy to prove seeing as that is the dominate amount of laws, wars and budgets America has been doing.

We have had more than 30 years of progressive spending and policies, that's easy to prove seeing as that is the dominate amount of laws, wars and budgets America has been doing.

You should go back as far as FDR... actually..

Lumpy wants us to man up and accept responsibility for the recession that hasn't happened yet. Cool.

Democrats have been blaming Bush/Republicans and making excuses for Obama's/Democrat pathetic leadership for the past 4 years you stupid asshole, I just figure the same chickenshit trend will continue...got it idiot?

Lumpy wants us to man up and accept responsibility for the recession that hasn't happened yet. Cool.

Democrats have been blaming Bush/Republicans and making excuses for Obama's/Democrat pathetic leadership for the past 4 years you stupid asshole, I just figure the same chickenshit trend will continue...got it idiot?

You are a sad POS who is rooting for a recession.

There's a choice asshat?

There's a choice asshat?

Oooh! Asshat! Please....have mercy!

There is a choice. You can express a desire for the nation to prosper and be willing to accept that your guys won't get the credit for it when it happens.

But...you are not into such Patriotic bullshit. You'd rather throw a four year tantrum and hope you get to say " I told you so " for once in your lame life.

But..don't expect Obama to take the blame or Democrats to stop making excuses...mmkay
Yeah.....we promise!!

532.gif

There's a choice asshat?

There is a choice. You can express a desire for the nation to prosper and be willing to accept that your guys won't get the credit for it when it happens.

But...you are not into such Patriotic bullshit. You'd rather throw a four year tantrum and hope you get to say " I told you so " for once in your lame life.

I only say asshat because Democrats fail to recognize and make excuses for Obama/Democrat leadership failed policies and prefer to keep your heads up your ass.

No tantrum here, I presented an article for review and you choose not to respond to the article but go for a cheap insult. I just felt like playing the game you prefer for a change..

There's a choice asshat?

I only say asshat because Democrats fail to recognize and make excuses for Obama/Democrat leadership failed policies and prefer to keep your heads up your ass.

No tantrum here, I presented an article for review and you choose not to respond to the article but go for a cheap insult. I just felt like playing the game you prefer for a change..

What insult? I pointed out that you were asking for an apology for something that YOU ARE JUST HOPING will happen. I found it odd. That ius hardly an insult to anyone with normal skin.

Now....how about abandoning the transparent calls for bad news. Why in the fuck are you nutters working so diligently against economic progress? It is fucking stupid.

Forum List

Back