Obama 2013 budget proposal... long on wind, short on details

I like Ron or Rand Paul's budget, you know the 1’s that actually balance it. I’ll bet anything their budgets get ignored while we watch people squabble over the Dems and Reps budget that don’t balance anything.

Ok- I went right to the crux of my biscuit...

"Eliminates $4 Billion in inefficient and outdated annual fossil fuel "subsidies".

Funny how under this same heading the budget discusses "Clean energy, innovation, and jobs of the future".

Here's the smackdown... Obama proposes to take $4 billion a year cash from the oil industry and then plow it into "clean energy" aka Solyndra-style projects.

Well, fuck me standing.

This mother scratcher of a President clearly does not know his Liberal Ass from a chocolate sundae.

He wants to take away cash from oil businesses that are spending 100% of their profits and then invest those dollars into money pits with a losing history.

Mkay.

Shouldnt the oil companies be looking for ways to diversify then?
They should and they are, Vidi.

Top Five Oil Company-Backed Renewable Energy Ventures

But some lucky firms and forward-looking ventures have attracted the attention of major oil companies which, armed with multi-billion dollar capital budgets, can provide them with the financial backing required to push their schemes forward.

All segments of the renewables sector continue to evolve, and it is impossible to say which companies and technologies will survive over the long term. But major oil company support is giving the following initiatives a strong financial advantage in moving to the next phase of market evolution.
Impossible. Only government can truly fund innovation. And that funding has to go to Democrat donors.

Or so the Obama Administration taught me.

Ok- I went right to the crux of my biscuit...

"Eliminates $4 Billion in inefficient and outdated annual fossil fuel "subsidies".

Funny how under this same heading the budget discusses "Clean energy, innovation, and jobs of the future".

Here's the smackdown... Obama proposes to take $4 billion a year cash from the oil industry and then plow it into "clean energy" aka Solyndra-style projects.

Well, fuck me standing.

This mother scratcher of a President clearly does not know his Liberal Ass from a chocolate sundae.

He wants to take away cash from oil businesses that are spending 100% of their profits and then invest those dollars into money pits with a losing history.

Mkay.

Shouldnt the oil companies be looking for ways to diversify then?
They should and they are, Vidi.

Top Five Oil Company-Backed Renewable Energy Ventures

But some lucky firms and forward-looking ventures have attracted the attention of major oil companies which, armed with multi-billion dollar capital budgets, can provide them with the financial backing required to push their schemes forward.

All segments of the renewables sector continue to evolve, and it is impossible to say which companies and technologies will survive over the long term. But major oil company support is giving the following initiatives a strong financial advantage in moving to the next phase of market evolution.

awesome. I wasnt aware of the extent of that. Thanks for the heads up.

I like Ron or Rand Paul's budget, you know the 1’s that actually balance it. I’ll bet anything their budgets get ignored while we watch people squabble over the Dems and Reps budget that don’t balance anything.

its fairly easy to balance the budget when you eliminate pretty much EVERYTHING isnt it?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I havent read thier budgets, I just know Ron Paul wants to eliminate several departments completely ( Education, energy, etc )

So take my snark with a grain of salt

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/budget.pdf
Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2013 contains the Budget Message of the President, information on the President’s priorities, budget overviews organized by agency, and summary tables.

wow... overviews... summaries... sweet.

Where are the libtards to bitch about the lack of details on where the money comes from for everything in this proposal???? Sure, it lists what they want to spend, but not where the money comes form. WTF???
Downloaded for posterity, and have yet to go through ALL of it...

the .pdf contains 256 pages and I see only 252 as I stare at the barcode (Assumedly the last page)...
click on the link.... when the PDF opens, you'll see the page counter at the top showing 5 of 256, even though the PDF appears to be at the first page. Change the 5 to 1, and hit ENTER... it takes you to a 7 page message from Obama on why his budget is the best thing since sliced bread.

Forum List

Back