Obama 2012, Christe or Rubio 2016

Nov 29, 2010
From everything I can tell, Chris Christie and Marco Rubio run circles around the GOP 2012 candidates. They're new stars in the Republican Party and I think the most likely prospects to become President in 2016 (there are no bright Democrat stars, except maybe Andrew Cuomo, who's probably too liberal). So my money would be on one of those GOPers to become Prez in 2017. However, the list of potential candidates for the Republican nomination for 2012 outside of those 2 is a laundry list of awful. I can't see any of them really having a decent chance against Obama. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
These two guys are the best thing to happen not only to the republican party but more importantly for this country.I am so looking forward to what I hope are outstanding careers in government service.

Way to early to tell but I'm thinking Senator John Thune from South Dakota may make a run for it..

Also.. Obama is far too much a leftist to deal with a Republican House and wimped out Democrat Senate. He'll do his best to blame Republicans but with what little trust he has with the left, right and center he will lose in 2012...

Democrats it seems, still haven't the common sense to see the writing on the wall for this 2010 election..

Last edited:
I don't want Cristie or Rubio rushed into anything yet...we have time for them...

Chris Christie has repeatedly and in no uncertain terms has said he wont run for President in 2012..

From everything I can tell, Chris Christie and Marco Rubio run circles around the GOP 2012 candidates.

Yup, I'll vote Obama in 2012, and one of these two in 2016 if either is the nominee. Obama's freezing Fed pay, and private sector job growth is getting stronger, especially in relation to its historically bad performance under Bush. No reason to go with yet another dud GOPer like Romney, Jindal, Thune, or the worst, "T Paw" Tim Pawlenty. Pathetic.

From everything I can tell, Chris Christie and Marco Rubio run circles around the GOP 2012 candidates.

Yup, I'll vote Obama in 2012, and one of these two in 2016 if either is the nominee. Obama's freezing Fed pay, and private sector job growth is getting stronger, especially in relation to its historically bad performance under Bush. No reason to go with yet another dud GOPer like Romney, Jindal, Thune, or the worst, "T Paw" Tim Pawlenty. Pathetic.

Ah.. convenient memory lapses...

Unemployment wasn't a problem until the Democrats took over Congress 4 years ago..

God how I love it when people start writing history 2 years in advance.....

The assumptions are astounding.

So since we're all talking about the future as if we can predict it, Obama can't recover by election time. ANYBODY has a better chance at getting elected.

These two guys are the best thing to happen not only to the republican party but more importantly for this country.I am so looking forward to what I hope are outstanding careers in government service.

I so agree. Problem is, Christie has said numerous times that he is NOT interested. He just wants to be governor of New Jersey and get it cleaned up and prosperous. Anything can change however, given the right incentives. If he sees himself as the salvation to the progressive movement in America, he might do the patriotic thing and go for it. Marco is my dream candidate for VP....Love those guys. What a team they would make...

Last edited:

Might want to check your sources again. See there is one tiny fact you seem to have left out of your analysis.

THERE ARE NO 2012 CANDIDATES YET

Even President Obama isnt a candidate for 2012 yet. I am amazed at how some people seem to be able to deduce who will win an election when we don't even know who is running. I think that's some pretty crucial information there.

As for Christie and Rubio. Christie isn't running around anyone. He's focusing on his current job. As should all our politicians. Rubio hasn't even had a day on the job. Maybe we should see what he actually does before we draw conclusions about his prowess as a leader and a political force in this nation.

Call me crazy. But I don't consider winning an election the end goal. See, the election is just the qualifying run. The real challenge is to actually serve the people with honesty and integrity.

Any idiot can win an election (If you doubt me, look at the politicians in DC). Being a servant of the Republic is much more difficult.

We will have a woman president before we have an Hispanic one.

Seriously, who really cares? Why do so many people seem to think the gender or race of a leader is somehow important?

Heck, maybe its time we start remember that the leaders aren't important. We are. We need more people learning how to get up off their ass and working to make changes in their own lives, and by doing so completely revolutionizing the world.

From everything I can tell, Chris Christie and Marco Rubio run circles around the GOP 2012 candidates. They're new stars in the Republican Party and I think the most likely prospects to become President in 2016 (there are no bright Democrat stars, except maybe Andrew Cuomo, who's probably too liberal). So my money would be on one of those GOPers to become Prez in 2017. However, the list of potential candidates for the Republican nomination for 2012 outside of those 2 is a laundry list of awful. I can't see any of them really having a decent chance against Obama. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?
Why worry about 2016? obama isn't going to be re-elected in 2012. Micky mouse could run against him and win.

The fact of the matter is that even if Obama straightens out and flies right for the rest of his term there is too much bad news in the pipeline for him to do a competent job as presidents are judged:

The Euro bailouts are starting to unravel with the onerous terms given to Ireland.

China will either have an inflationary or deflationary crash soon if it avoids Korean war II which will involve use of nukes by as many as seven nations if it spins out of control.

Nobody with those problems is going to get reelected.

Nobody accuses you of being real bright, do they?:cuckoo:

I predict man will walk on the Moon. Oh wait .....:eusa_whistle:

Christie's issue is that while he is a fiscal hawk, he is socially moderate at best. While he would probably do reasonably well with independents in a general election, he would have issues with the social conservatives during the primaries.

And I agree he will probably not run in 2012. He is trying to fix NJ. 2016, however is an open question.

Totally disagree. 2012 can be just like 2008 if the economy doesn't improve. In 2008 the voters tossed out the GOP, in 2010 the voters tossed out the dems, 2012 has the potential to be the follow-up to 2010 NO MATTER WHO THE GOP PUTS UP. IMHO if the economy doesn't improve even Palin could beat Obama OR Hillary, whoever the dems put up.
The follow-up there is that 2016 could be the dems year if the GOP prez doesn't fix the economy. If I were Christie (Rubio who??) I'd look at the 2012 economy and decide, he could be a shoo-in. I also like Mitt Romney, that would be a tough GOP primary decision...Christie or Romney....

Last edited:

Seriously, who really cares? Why do so many people seem to think the gender or race of a leader is somehow important?

Heck, maybe its time we start remember that the leaders aren't important. We are. We need more people learning how to get up off their ass and working to make changes in their own lives, and by doing so completely revolutionizing the world.
For ALL of our history, America has collectively thought that gender of our leader is important. Otherwise, we would have had more female candidates, and at least one winner.

Unless you believe that women are not as capable.

For ALL of our history, America has collectively thought that gender of our leader is important. Otherwise, we would have had more female candidates, and at least one winner.

Unless you believe that women are not as capable.

Such a defeatist view of politics, and the solution to your problem is what? Anyone with a vagina?

Forum List

Back