Obama 2012 Campaign Abandons White Working Class

bitterlyclingin

Silver Member
Aug 4, 2011
(You had to know this was coming with Eric Holder's statement that prosecuting the Philadelphia NBPP "Would be demeaning to my people", the firing of Inspector General Gerald Walpin to protect Michelle's friend, the Sacramento Mayor. Open admission of the Administration's tossing half of America under the bus, though, comes from, of all places, the New York Times. Did they run out of K-Y Jelly over at "Pinch's" during the weekend?)

"The Future of the Obama Coalition

By THOMAS B. EDSALL

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretence of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

It is instructive to trace the evolution of a political strategy based on securing this coalition in the writings and comments, over time, of such Democratic analysts as Stanley Greenberg and Ruy Teixeira. Both men were initially determined to win back the white working-class majority, but both currently advocate a revised Democratic alliance in which whites without college degrees are effectively replaced by well-educated socially liberal whites in alliance with the growing ranks of less affluent minority voters, especially Hispanics.

The 2012 approach treats white voters without college degrees as an unattainable cohort. The Democratic goal with these voters is to keep Republican winning margins to manageable levels, in the 12 to 15 percent range, as opposed to the 30-point margin of 2010 — a level at which even solid wins among minorities and other constituencies are not enough to produce Democratic victories."

The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com

And?

The adminstration didn't abandon them..it works for the interests of the white working class all the time. It abandoned the notion it would get their votes. Immigration being the sore point. As well as racism.

(You had to know this was coming with Eric Holder's statement that prosecuting the Philadelphia NBPP "Would be demeaning to my people", the firing of Inspector General Gerald Walpin to protect Michelle's friend, the Sacramento Mayor. Open admission of the Administration's tossing half of America under the bus, though, comes from, of all places, the New York Times. Did they run out of K-Y Jelly over at "Pinch's" during the weekend?)

"The Future of the Obama Coalition

By THOMAS B. EDSALL

For decades, Democrats have suffered continuous and increasingly severe losses among white voters. But preparations by Democratic operatives for the 2012 election make it clear for the first time that the party will explicitly abandon the white working class.

All pretence of trying to win a majority of the white working class has been effectively jettisoned in favor of cementing a center-left coalition made up, on the one hand, of voters who have gotten ahead on the basis of educational attainment — professors, artists, designers, editors, human resources managers, lawyers, librarians, social workers, teachers and therapists — and a second, substantial constituency of lower-income voters who are disproportionately African-American and Hispanic.

It is instructive to trace the evolution of a political strategy based on securing this coalition in the writings and comments, over time, of such Democratic analysts as Stanley Greenberg and Ruy Teixeira. Both men were initially determined to win back the white working-class majority, but both currently advocate a revised Democratic alliance in which whites without college degrees are effectively replaced by well-educated socially liberal whites in alliance with the growing ranks of less affluent minority voters, especially Hispanics.

The 2012 approach treats white voters without college degrees as an unattainable cohort. The Democratic goal with these voters is to keep Republican winning margins to manageable levels, in the 12 to 15 percent range, as opposed to the 30-point margin of 2010 — a level at which even solid wins among minorities and other constituencies are not enough to produce Democratic victories."

The Future of the Obama Coalition - NYTimes.com

I dont know about saying the white working class.

But we can say it about the working class. That in itself is enough.

And?

The adminstration didn't abandon them..it works for the interests of the white working class all the time. It abandoned the notion it would get their votes. Immigration being the sore point. As well as racism.

yeah yeah yeah,,, you don't have much longer to pull out and plunk down that tattered worn out race card.. use it whilst the using is good..

And?

:lmao:

Reenforcing another thread.

we all look alike too!

And?

yeah yeah yeah,,, you don't have much longer to pull out and plunk down that tattered worn out race card.. use it whilst the using is good..

Well see how many hispanics go for the Republican ticket this time around. Right after Arabs, they are the most demonized sector in America at the moment.

Should be good for Democrats come 2012.

And?

we all look alike too!

You even bother to read the sourced material?

In the United States, Teixeira noted, “the Republican Party has become the party of the white working class,” while in Europe, many working-class voters who had been the core of Social Democratic parties have moved over to far right parties, especially those with anti-immigration platforms.

And?

Well see how many hispanics go for the Republican ticket this time around. Right after Arabs, they are the most demonized sector in America at the moment.

Gingrich will pull in a hefty amount of that Hispanic vote with what he is proposing. You leftists lost any lock you thought you had on it.

Gingrich will pull in a hefty amount of that Hispanic vote with what he is proposing. You leftists lost any lock you thought you had on it.

He might but it would be a very small part of it.. It's the same sort of thing Bush put on the table. And Gingrich loses just about everyone else not white and christian.

And?

we all look alike too!

In the United States, Teixeira noted, “the Republican Party has become the party of the white working class,” while in Europe, many working-class voters who had been the core of Social Democratic parties have moved over to far right parties, especially those with anti-immigration platforms.

Look we got it. WE ALL LOOK ALIKE, ARE RACISTS AND TERRORISTS.

I will show the same respect. Trust me on that.

And?

Find a job yet ?
Call 911 and ask for Obama if you haven't.

Moron...

He might but it would be a very small part of it.. It's the same sort of thing Bush put on the table. And Gingrich loses just about everyone else not white and christian.

I disagree. I think he'll pull in more, especially if the dems don't make any mention of any sort of legalization they might do, and if Gingrich loses any white Christian vote, it won't be many. I've been adamantly against any kind of amnesty myself forever, but I think what Gingrich is proposing is a sane and legitimate way to deal with the millions of illegal aliens that have been here 25 years and longer that have family and have been paying taxes. So if Gingrich didn't lose my vote, as hard right as I am, then he isn't losing many others either. If his statements on immigration were going to hurt him, it would have already showed in the polls, and it hasn't.

Last edited:

we all look alike too!

Look we got it. WE ALL LOOK ALIKE, ARE RACISTS AND TERRORISTS.

I will show the same respect. Trust me on that.

And you get that from..what?

Seriously.

The last president was the one that said if you were against his illegal war in Iraq...you were with the terrorists.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-23kmhc3P8U&feature=related]With Us or Against Us - YouTube[/ame]

That's some jive turkey "overheard" comment. That was in real live speeches going out to the whole wide world.

Obama 2012 Campaign Abandons White Working Class
woman-screaming-261010-medium_new.jpg

handjob.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgvBdlD7xUk]Rachel Maddow: Fox News To White People: Be Very Afraid! Black People Are Coming To Get You! Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]​

I disagree. I think he'll pull in more, especially if the dems don't make any mention of any sort of legalization they might do, and if Gingrich loses any white Christian vote, it won't be many. I've been adamantly against any kind of amnesty myself forever, but I think what Gingrich is proposing is a sane and legitimate way to deal with the millions of illegal aliens that have been here 25 years and longer that have family and have been paying taxes. So if Gingrich didn't lose my vote, as hard right as I am, then he isn't losing many others either. If his statements on immigration were going to hurt him, it would have already showed in the polls, and it hasn't.

I think you misunderstood. He's got a solid constituency with people White and Christian. But today's Republican party scares everyone not white and christian. And that's really something. Aside from immigration hispanics..and indeed most new immigrants and minorities are solidly conservative. Take hispanics. They are christian and share alot of the same values as most Republicans. They are extremely patriotic. But over and over again they are demonized. It's the same with Asian Americans..especially the Chinese. Very conservative..very pro business. But the navitism is really scaring away alot of people who would be solidly Republican otherwise.

I think you misunderstood. He's got a solid constituency with people White and Christian. But today's Republican party scares everyone not white and christian. And that's really something. Aside from immigration hispanics..and indeed most new immigrants and minorities are solidly conservative. Take hispanics. They are christian and share alot of the same values as most Republicans. They are extremely patriotic. But over and over again they are demonized. It's the same with Asian Americans..especially the Chinese. Very conservative..very pro business. But the navitism is really scaring away alot of people who would be solidly Republican otherwise.

Todays Republican party SCARES everyone NOT white and Christian? Wow... I don't buy that at all, not for second. I'm sure people like Herman Cain, Allen West, Bobby Jindal and Marco Rubio would strongly disagree with you as well.

But even if it were true, seeing as 85% of all Americans claim to be Christian, I don't see how that would be a bad thing anyway.

I think you leftists are going to get a historic sized trouncing come next November, and I'll stand by that prediction. No one likes obama anymore that has any sense.

Last edited:

So you admit that everyone not christan or white are all a bunch scaredy assed wimps?? that's so damn cool innit?

It isn't enough to merely abandon the white working class. To gain his street cred, obama will have to attack them and he knows it.

Forum List

Back