Obama 2008: Jerusalem will remain Israel's capital

I'll start with what all the good "conservatives" want to hear. Obama should not have said that. That was a major faux pas. Which is probably why he had to correct himself afterward.

Now, having said that, I think making a comment here in the states about it, and then backtracking, is not as bad as going into Israel and doing it, and then backing it up and making it clear you mean it. In the "War on Terror", that's handing our enemies a major recruitment tool.

It's late and the bottle's empty.
Can you explain that?
:eusa_eh:

If you're a Redskins fan you don't go into Dallas Stadium and say Jerry Jones sucks dick.

+1
:cool:

My cynical self thought you were trying to say that someone had done that.
:eusa_eh:

Israel was attacked and drove the invaders back and received more land, that is the fortunes of war. the Palistinians would do well to remember -“Victori spolia”, 'To the victor, the spoils'

In case you like pretty pictures.

israel-palestine-map.jpg

Pictures aren't accurate. The original grant to the Jews gave the Palestinians all the land east of the River Jordan. Land they still have.
What's your distinction between "Jew" and "Palestinian" since in 1947 both were citizens of Mandate Palestine?

"Both the Arab State and the Jewish State proposed by the Plan of Partition with Exconomic Union set out in CHAPTER VI: RECOMMENDATIONS (III) of the UNSCOP report of 3 September 1947 were composed of three major sections, linked by extraterritorial crossroads.

"The Arab State would receive the Western Galilee, with the town of Acre, the hill country of Samaria and Judea, and the southern coast stretching from north of Isdud (now Ashdod) and encompassing what is now the Gaza Strip, with a section of desert along the Egyptian border.

"The Jewish State would receive the Coastal Plain, stretching from Haifa to Rehovot, the Eastern Galilee (surrounding the Sea of Galilee and including the Galilee panhandle) and the Negev, including the southern outpost of Umm Rashrash (now Eilat).

"The Corpus Separatum included Jerusalem, Bethlehem, and the surrounding areas."

United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back