Obama 2008 - "I Am Not Going To Take Your Guns Away, That Just Ain't True"

so you are saying blacks carry a grudge for something that happened in the distant past?

completely possible, especially with the behavior of the right over the past few years and utter lack of respect and self control.

For instance, I didn't see the NRA telling Trayvon Martins community that more guns are the answer. I guess thats only reserved for upper middle class white suburbia.

also, using your logic, why cling to a distant and old 2nd amendment? see what I did? You cant have it both ways good sir.

Last edited:
And your evidence to the contrary is what?

They don't have anything. They're god damned cowards who are too chickenshit to give up military assault weapons and extended capacity magazines because they have fallen for the NRA's line of total bullshit which says if they give an inch the government will take a mile.

I've been a gun owner since I finished the army's artillary training at Ft. Bliss, TX in 1958. I have a long barreled 12 gauge semi automatic Remington shotgun, a .30 .30 lever action Marlin rifle and a .38 S&W chief's special revolver which I carry when we travel. Anybody who thinks it's alright for some young idiot who can't wipe his ass using both hands to own an AR-15 military type assault weapon with extended clips needs a good head examination.

Last edited:

They don't have anything. They're goddamned cowards who are too chickenshit to give up military assault weapons and extended capacity magazines because they have fallen for the NRA's line of total bullshit which says if they give an inch the government will take a mile.

I've been a gun owner since I finished the army's artillary training at Ft. Bliss, TX in 1958. I have a long barreled 12 gauge semi automatic Remington shotgun, a .30 .30 lever action Marlin rifle and a .38 S&W chief's special revolver which I carry when we travel. Anybody who thinks it's alright for some young idiot who can't wipe his ass using both hands to own an AR-15 military assault weapon with extended clips needs a good head examination.

the slippery slope theory is based on reality.
Every time there is a high profile shooting , there is a knee jerk from anti-gunners.

What is need ed is common sense .

But let's look at your semi-shotgun. Some want to ban it b/c it's an autoloader.

I have an SKS.

Someday I would like to sell it as I really do not use it. Feinstein's bill would prevent me from selling it. That would be true for other gun owners as well.

Now, we have a black market on assault weapons and the guns get into the hands of crooks eventually.

Is that your intention.

BTW, idiots with guns can have accidents with revolvers too.

so you are saying blacks carry a grudge for something that happened in the distant past?

completely possible, especially with the behavior of the right over the past few years and utter lack of respect and self control.

For instance, I didn't see the NRA telling Trayvon Martins community that more guns are the answer. I guess thats only reserved for upper middle class white suburbia.

also, using your logic, why cling to a distant and old 2nd amendment? see what I did? You cant have it both ways good sir.

you unnecessarily dragged race into this discussion.

Wanna discuss who is committing the most gun violence?

How about the black on white crime rate?

Frankly you need to get on topic.

There are a couple of problems with the topic.

First off, whites are pretty much "let off the hook" for all sorts of crimes. The Trayvon Martin case was not atypical.

Secondly, blacks aren't "let off the hook". In fact, they are over prosecuted..and sometimes falsely.

As was the case in the Central Park Jogger rape crime.

Race is a very important factor when one is arrested. It almost assures outcome.

There are a couple of problems with the topic.

First off, whites are pretty much "let off the hook" for all sorts of crimes. The Trayvon Martin case was not atypical.

Secondly, blacks aren't "let off the hook". In fact, they are over prosecuted..and sometimes falsely.

As was the case in the Central Park Jogger rape crime.

Race is a very important factor when one is arrested. It almost assures outcome.

PS just remember who brought race into the discussion

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JbAO5_NMw]F.B.I and U.S. Justice department Black vs White Crime statistics. - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Anyone that believes anything that comes out of obama's mouth is a fool. Thats why we have this muslim idiot in washington, because fools have fallen for the con game he has played on them. Shame on those who are unable to see what this obama is doing to them and all of us. Wake up!!!!

They don't have anything. They're goddamned cowards who are too chickenshit to give up military assault weapons and extended capacity magazines because they have fallen for the NRA's line of total bullshit which says if they give an inch the government will take a mile.

I've been a gun owner since I finished the army's artillary training at Ft. Bliss, TX in 1958. I have a long barreled 12 gauge semi automatic Remington shotgun, a .30 .30 lever action Marlin rifle and a .38 S&W chief's special revolver which I carry when we travel. Anybody who thinks it's alright for some young idiot who can't wipe his ass using both hands to own an AR-15 military assault weapon with extended clips needs a good head examination.

Every time there is a high profile shooting , there is a knee jerk from anti-gunners.

But let's look at your semi-shotgun. Some want to ban it b/c it's an autoloader.

I have an SKS.

Someday I would like to sell it as I really do not use it. Feinstein's bill would prevent me from selling it. That would be true for other gun owners as well.

Now, we have a black market on assault weapons and the guns get into the hands of crooks eventually.

Is that your intention.

So you've gone from a position of absurdity..to another position of absurdity.

Obama isn't going to take your guns..but he is going to prevent your private sale of guns.

:lol:

I have an SKS.

Is that your intention.

Obama isn't going to take your guns..but he is going to prevent your private sale of guns.

seems you think you can put words in my mouth.

No, he isn't going to take any guns.

Not himself personally anyway.I'd like to see him try. :D

He can, will and has used his bully pulpit.

Feinstein's bill would do much of what I stated previously.

I'm not worried though. The 2nd will not be repealed and much of the bill will be watered down.

I foresee and ban on new manufacture of "assault rifles "and 30+ round mags. A date will be set in the future for no more manufacture or importation. Anything currently in the country will be grandfathered.

But just what is an assault rifle?

I'm going to say that the coming bill will be much like the Clinton bill if not the exact same thing. That is why there was a run on gun stores this past 2 weeks.

I have an SKS.

Is that your intention.

I'm not worried though. The 2nd will not be repealed and much of the bill will be watered down.

I foresee and ban on new manufacture of "assault rifles "and 30+ round mags. A date will be set in the future for no more manufacture or importation. Anything currently in the country will be grandfathered.

I'm going to say that the coming bill will be much like the Clinton bill if not the exact same thing. That is why there was a run on gun stores this past 2 weeks.

Foresee that, when, exactly?

Because it's not going to happen.

Not in at least the next decade.

It's going to take thousands of rich little kiddies getting mowed down before something like that happens.

By the way, Squeezeberry, your sig is missing a "[" around the nonukes quote.

It should be "[QUOTE=NoNukes;6493873]

It's going to take thousands of rich little kiddies getting mowed down before something like that happens.

maybe there will not be I don't have a crystal ball, but if there is it will be like the Clinton bill IMO

Seems you just want to argue and nitpick rather than have a civil discussion.

Obama promises gun control action early next year - Yahoo! News
19 Dec 2012 ... Saying gun control cannot be the only solution to the problem, Obama also ...
Asked why he has been a no-show on the subject until now, Obama .... the
original poster instructs Reddit users to “Ask Me Anything” — Cuban, ...
Obama promises gun control action early next year - Yahoo! News

President Obama Declares Gun Control Will Be a 'Central Issue' of ...
19 Dec 2012 ... President Obama Declares Gun Control Will Be a 'Central Issue' of Second Term
... Some reaction now to the president's remarks at a moment when .... GWEN
IFILL: But I guess what I'm asking, finally, is why -- how do you ...
President Obama Declares Gun Control Will Be a 'Central Issue' of Second Term | PBS NewsHour | Dec. 19, 2012 | PBS

Still waiting for you to prove that Obama is "Gunnnna take yurrrrr gunzzzzzzzzzzzzz!"

Well it won't be for a lack of trying....

when did he try?

Anyone that believes anything that comes out of obama's mouth is a fool. Thats why we have this muslim idiot in washington, because fools have fallen for the con game he has played on them. Shame on those who are unable to see what this obama is doing to them and all of us. Wake up!!!!

shut the fuck up Donny

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3foXJfWlgoM]Shut the Fuck up Donny - YouTube[/ame]

Obama used the term "weapons of war"

what is that exactly?

I have a few civil war repros. They were weapons of war at one time.

they have a bayonet lug too.

Scarey stuff.

maybe there will not be I don't have a crystal ball, but if there is it will be like the Clinton bill IMO

These boards are all about 'arguing'.

And you are the one that's engaging in hyperbole here..

And talk about "nitpicking"..

"What is an assault rifle?" - Really?

The worst you are going to see in the upcoming future is "maybe" a weak "Clinton like" ban. And it might be a be tougher to privately sell your shootin irons.

But personally? I don't even think that gets done. The NRA and gun manufacturers are very powerful and gots lots of politicians in their pockets.

Unless there are more school shooting like Sandy Hook..everything's going to die down.

These boards are all about 'arguing'.

And you are the one that's engaging in hyperbole here..

And talk about "nitpicking"..

"What is an assault rifle?" - Really?

The worst you are going to see in the upcoming future is "maybe" a weak "Clinton like" ban. And it might be a be tougher to privately sell your shootin irons.

But personally? I don't even think that gets done. The NRA and gun manufacturers are very powerful and gots lots of politicians in their pockets.

Unless there are more school shooting like Sandy Hook..everything's going to die down.

I'm not the one that brought race into the discussion

Last edited:

Forum List

Back