Obama 1-upping himself yet again...

I can't believe you assholes don't want the president to speak of 911 on the anniversary of 911. Tell you what, why don't you all stfu and let HIM talk for a change?

You're contemptible in your hatred for the man.

If he had something worth listening to I would..... but instead its the same old retreaded BULSHIT as alwalys.

I stopped listening to his speeches during the debates of 2008.

He has nothing to say to me, so why the FUCK should I listen?

I quit listening to that worthless lying bastard about 4 months ago. Everything he says is a lie, rhetoric, or spin, and he's dumber than a retarded brick anyway.

Fuck that POS.

The text of Obama's address:

Today, we pause to remember a day that tested our country. On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 lives were lost in the deadliest attack on American soil in our history. We will never forget the images of planes vanishing (what it was a magic trick?)into buildings; of photos hung by the families of the missing (The people died, say the word) . We will never forget the anger and sadness we felt (we will however lose the resolve) . And while nine years have come and gone since that September morning, the passage of time will never diminish the pain and loss forever seared in the consciousness of our nation.

That is why, on this day, we pray with the families of those who died. We mourn with husbands and wives, children and parents, friends and loved ones. We think about the milestones that have passed over the course of nine years -- births and christenings, weddings and graduations -- all with an empty chair.

On this day, we also honor those who died so that others might live: the firefighters and first responders who climbed the stairs of two burning towers; the passengers who stormed a cockpit; and the men and women who have, in the years since, borne the uniform of this country and given their lives so that our children could grow up in a safer world. In acts of courage and decency, they defended a simple precept: I am my brother's keeper; I am my sister's keeper.

And on this day, we recall that at our darkest moment, we summoned a sense of unity and common purpose. We responded to the worst kind of depravity with the best of our humanity.

So, each year at this time, we renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this barbaric act of terror and who continue to plot against us -- for we will never waver in defense of this nation. We renew our commitment to our troops and all who serve to protect this country, and to their families. But we also renew the true spirit of that day. Not the human capacity for evil, but the human capacity for good. Not the desire to destroy, but the impulse to save.

That is why we mark September 11th as a National Day of Service (?) and Remembrance. For if there is a lesson to be drawn on this anniversary, it is this: we are one nation -- one people -- bound not only by grief, but by a set of common ideals. And that by giving back to our communities, by serving people in need, we reaffirm our ideals -- in defiance of those who would do us grave harm. We prove that the sense of responsibility that we felt for one another was not a fleeting passion -- but a lasting virtue.

This is a time of difficulty for our country. And it is often in such moments that some try to stoke bitterness -- to divide us based on our differences, to blind us to what we have in common (political comment IMO) . But on this day, we are reminded that at our best, we do not give in to this temptation. We stand with one another. We fight alongside one another. We do not allow ourselves to be defined by fear, but by the hopes we have for our families, for our nation, and for a brighter future. So let us grieve for those we've lost, honor those who have sacrificed, and do our best to live up to the values we share -- on this day, and every day that follows.

Thank you.

Gee Mr. President, way to reach out to our enemies and strike fear into their hearts. That was a whole three minute speech. Did you make your tee time? Get off my TV.

Today, we pause to remember a day that tested our country. On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 lives were lost in the deadliest attack on American soil in our history. We will never forget the images of planes vanishing (what it was a magic trick?)into buildings; of photos hung by the families of the missing (The people died, say the word) . We will never forget the anger and sadness we felt (we will however lose the resolve) . And while nine years have come and gone since that September morning, the passage of time will never diminish the pain and loss forever seared in the consciousness of our nation.

That is why, on this day, we pray with the families of those who died. We mourn with husbands and wives, children and parents, friends and loved ones. We think about the milestones that have passed over the course of nine years -- births and christenings, weddings and graduations -- all with an empty chair.

On this day, we also honor those who died so that others might live: the firefighters and first responders who climbed the stairs of two burning towers; the passengers who stormed a cockpit; and the men and women who have, in the years since, borne the uniform of this country and given their lives so that our children could grow up in a safer world. In acts of courage and decency, they defended a simple precept: I am my brother's keeper; I am my sister's keeper.

And on this day, we recall that at our darkest moment, we summoned a sense of unity and common purpose. We responded to the worst kind of depravity with the best of our humanity.

So, each year at this time, we renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this barbaric act of terror and who continue to plot against us -- for we will never waver in defense of this nation. We renew our commitment to our troops and all who serve to protect this country, and to their families. But we also renew the true spirit of that day. Not the human capacity for evil, but the human capacity for good. Not the desire to destroy, but the impulse to save.

That is why we mark September 11th as a National Day of Service (?) and Remembrance. For if there is a lesson to be drawn on this anniversary, it is this: we are one nation -- one people -- bound not only by grief, but by a set of common ideals. And that by giving back to our communities, by serving people in need, we reaffirm our ideals -- in defiance of those who would do us grave harm. We prove that the sense of responsibility that we felt for one another was not a fleeting passion -- but a lasting virtue.

This is a time of difficulty for our country. And it is often in such moments that some try to stoke bitterness -- to divide us based on our differences, to blind us to what we have in common (political comment IMO) . But on this day, we are reminded that at our best, we do not give in to this temptation. We stand with one another. We fight alongside one another. We do not allow ourselves to be defined by fear, but by the hopes we have for our families, for our nation, and for a brighter future. So let us grieve for those we've lost, honor those who have sacrificed, and do our best to live up to the values we share -- on this day, and every day that follows.

Thank you.

Gee Mr. President, way to reach out to our enemies and strike fear into their hearts. That was a whole three minute speech. Did you make your tee time? Get off my TV.

Seems to be the same address I posted........If George Bush said the same thing, would it be political?

Still looking for where the President turned 9-11 into a political event

Thank you.

Seems to be the same address I posted........If George Bush said the same thing, would it be political?

Still looking for where the President turned 9-11 into a political event

Probably, but it also would have been heart felt, inspirational, longer, moving and presidential. It was politicized to pacify Muslims, down play the event, redirect attention and silence opposition.

No, I don’t see any politics in that statement.

The only nit to be picked is those that perpetrated the crime, that is their membership in a driving ideology, organization and symbol of their cause, is absent.

Its like saying there was a systematic number of murder(s), the guns went off and a person or persons died........ meanwhile the murderers were avowed members of a grp. who used a shared, advertised doctrinaire ‘ology’ as their focus of allegiance and motivation. It leaves an empty space that seems strange.

Further- it occurred to me that it seems a little weird that he chose to take himself off center stage, that is he went to the Pentagon and had Biden go to GZ.

I’d would prefer to believe he wanted the day to be about those that lost their lives on this day, but, looking at the past he certainly has no issue as to being exposed to and engage in events that provide huge venues and a platform.

The Pentagon grounds unlike city streets are sanitized as in they are heavily controlled, you cannot even get into the pentagon ground without passing thru checkpoints etc.

We still have men and woman at war due to this days events 9 years ago, he sent 30k troops into Afghanistan, I would think he’d take this opportunity day and provide the image leadership necessary that he and his position alone can provide, as an attack on America there is no other to speak for the collective voice than he.....

I just see this as peculiar, thats all.

No, I don’t see any politics in that statement.

The only nit to be picked is those that perpetrated the crime, that is their membership in a driving ideology, organization and symbol of their cause, is absent.

Its like saying there was a systematic number of murder(s), the guns went off and a person or persons died........ meanwhile the murderers were avowed members of a grp. who used a shared, advertised doctrinaire ‘ology’ as their focus of allegiance and motivation. It leaves an empty space that seems strange.

Further- it occurred to me that it seems a little weird that he chose to take himself off center stage, that is he went to the Pentagon and had Biden go to GZ.

I’d would prefer to believe he wanted the day to be about those that lost their lives on this day, but, looking at the past he certainly has no issue as to being exposed to and engage in events that provide huge venues and a platform.

The Pentagon grounds unlike city streets are sanitized as in they are heavily controlled, you cannot even get into the pentagon ground without passing thru checkpoints etc.

We still have men and woman at war due to this days events 9 years ago, he sent 30k troops into Afghanistan, I would think he’d take this opportunity day and provide the image leadership necessary that he and his position alone can provide, as an attack on America there is no other to speak for the collective voice than he.....

I just see this as peculiar, thats all.

Its good that the President also honor those killed at the Pentagon. They are as much heroes as those killed at Ground Zero. I would also like to see a visit to Shanksville. Being that next year marks the tenth anniversary, I imagine Obama will be at Ground Zero...I would like to see him invite Bush also

You don't have to go through checkpoints to get to the Pentagon memorial. It is outside the building and accessable from the DC Metro

I still fail to see anything in his address that was politically motivated

just another....."I hate Obama thread"

Sorry bout that,

1. The best way to describe Obama is he is a *Empty (muslim) Suit*.
2. For crying out loud, he has a muslim name people!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
there was more to it than that, he twisted the founding documents near the end, did you cut that out? but come on...brother's keeper? sister's keeper? Thats marxism coming right on through. community service is voluntary, he wants it mandatory. his mantra doesn't fool me.

So many people volunteered to help on 9/11 and in the aftermath. We are our brother's keepers. I liked his speech, and I don't like him, I'm a birther.

...anyone watching this 9/11 speech? I cant believe he is using 9/11 to throw out political talking points. What an asshole.

Where are the political talking ponts? Looks like you are the one trying to make 9-11 political

Today, we pause to remember a day that tested our country. On September 11, 2001, nearly 3,000 lives were lost in the deadliest attack on American soil in our history. We will never forget the images of planes vanishing into buildings; of photos hung by the families of the missing. We will never forget the anger and sadness we felt. And while nine years have come and gone since that September morning, the passage of time will never diminish the pain and loss forever seared in the consciousness of our nation.

That is why we mark September 11th as a National Day of Service and Remembrance. For if there is a lesson to be drawn on this anniversary, it is this: we are one nation -- one people -- bound not only by grief, but by a set of common ideals. And that by giving back to our communities, by serving people in need, we reaffirm our ideals -- in defiance of those who would do us grave harm. We prove that the sense of responsibility that we felt for one another was not a fleeting passion -- but a lasting virtue.

This is a time of difficulty for our country. And it is often in such moments that some try to stoke bitterness -- to divide us based on our differences, to blind us to what we have in common. But on this day, we are reminded that at our best, we do not give in to this temptation. We stand with one another. We fight alongside one another. We do not allow ourselves to be defined by fear, but by the hopes we have for our families, for our nation, and for a brighter future. So let us grieve for those we've lost, honor those who have sacrificed, and do our best to live up to the values we share -- on this day, and every day that follows.

Thank you.

I read that twice and I can't see where any part of it could be construed as throwing around political talking points.

Some of you monkey clowns need to find someone to change your diapers.

Sorry bout that,

1. I think calling Sept 11th *The National Day of Service* is a crock!
2. Call it, *Remember the Twin Towers Day*.
3. And while you remember, remember that islam did this.
4. islam isn't sorry about it.
5. islam wants to do something as big or bigger as well.
6. Why should 911 be called a national day of service, for crying out loud?
7. We were murdered by the thousands, thats quite enough mr. president!
8. My service is to live for my Country, my family, and my God, you bastard!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

This is a time of difficulty for our country. And it is often in such moments that some try to stoke bitterness -- to divide us based on our differences, to blind us to what we have in common.

pretty funny since most Americans believe Obama is Responsible for this exact behavior Constantly.

Who do you think he means by Some people. Nothing but a thinly veiled bash of Republicans in this speech.

He made it almost to the end with out Being Partisan then ruined it all with that comment.

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. I think calling Sept 11th *The National Day of Service* is a crock!
2. Call it, *Remember the Twin Towers Day*.
3. And while you remember, remember that islam did this.
4. islam isn't sorry about it.
5. islam wants to do something as big or bigger as well.
6. Why should 911 be called a national day of service, for crying out loud?
7. We were murdered by the thousands, thats quite enough mr. president!
8. My service is to live for my Country, my family, and my God, you bastard!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

In the midst of a tragedy, the best thing that came out of 9-11 was people helping eachother. If you look at the Policemen and Firefighters who ran into a burning building to save others. The hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers who put away their personal needs and helped each other. How Americans united in the tragedy and reached out to each other...even perfect strangers hugged eachother

I like the idea of a day of service to commemorate those who gave of themselves on 9-11. Not a day of hate, not a day to feel sorry for ourselves...A day to celebrate the strength of our country. That is the strength of America and it was demonstrated to the world

Last edited:
I don't NEED this boyking or ANY DAMN PRESIDENT to tell me when to give A FRIGGEN DAY OF SERVICE.

And you have to wonder folks, why did they PICK THIS DAY of all DAYS.?

I don't NEED this boyking or ANY DAMN PRESIDENT to tell me when to give A FRIGGEN DAY OF SERVICE.

On the bright side, the mail will be delivered and banks will be open on Monday.

We didn't get mail today. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Nobody is forcing you to do anything. But if other Americans want to celebrate the day by helping perfect strangers that is their right

Sorry bout that,

1. I have to disagree.
2. This day 0f Sept. 11th wasn't a day we came together.
3. It was a day *We Died*.
4. The cops and fire fighters who came to help, they came because thats their jobs.
5. They came answering the call.
6. If anything, this day should be called, *Day of Answering the Call*.
7. Or *America As We Knew Just Died Day*
8. I don't like the national day of service idea at all, it sugar coats reality, and I won't ever call it that!
9. Fuck that and fuck who ever thought of it!:eek:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Forum List

Back