Obaama's hostile relationship with the troops!

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
After the talk, out of earshot from the soldiers and diplomats, he starts to complain. He starts to act very un-Obamalike, according to a U.S. embassy official
who helped organize the trip in Baghdad.

He’s asked to go out to take a few more pictures with soldiers and embassy staffers. He’s asked to sign copies of his book. “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it,” a State Department official tells me. “Look, I was excited to meet him. I wanted to like him. Let’s just say the scales fell from my
eyes after I did. These are people over here who’ve been fighting the war, or working every day for the war effort, and he didn’t want to take fucking pictures with them?"

Book Depicts Cranky Obama On Baghdad Visit

Well. There it is.

After the talk, out of earshot from the soldiers and diplomats, he starts to complain. He starts to act very un-Obamalike, according to a U.S. embassy official
who helped organize the trip in Baghdad.

He’s asked to go out to take a few more pictures with soldiers and embassy staffers. He’s asked to sign copies of his book. “He didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it,” a State Department official tells me. “Look, I was excited to meet him. I wanted to like him. Let’s just say the scales fell from my
eyes after I did. These are people over here who’ve been fighting the war, or working every day for the war effort, and he didn’t want to take fucking pictures with them?"

Book Depicts Cranky Obama On Baghdad Visit

Well. There it is.

There what is?

I'm having a little trouble parsing the passage. It says:

"[Obama has] asked to go out to take a few more pictures with soldiers and embassy staffers...[Obama] didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it..."

So it seems to be saying that Obama wanted to take both more and fewer pictures. Did he change his mind, or did he want to take more pictures but not too much more?

In any event, I don't think it reflects poorly on Obama. Contrary to the thread title, there's no indication in the passage either that Obama doesn't like the troops or that the troops at whatever event this was felt short-changed by Obama. All one can really infer from this passage [if we accept the word of an anonymous official] is that Obama wanted to take fewer than an infinite number of pictures, and that this particular official doesn't like Obama.

"[Obama has] asked to go out to take a few more pictures with soldiers and embassy staffers...[Obama] didn’t want to take pictures with any more soldiers; he was complaining about it..."

So it seems to be saying that Obama wanted to take both more and fewer pictures. Did he change his mind, or did he want to take more pictures but not too much more?

In any event, I don't think it reflects poorly on Obama. Contrary to the thread title, there's no indication in the passage either that Obama doesn't like the troops or that the troops at whatever event this was felt short-changed by Obama. All one can really infer from this passage [if we accept the word of an anonymous official] is that Obama wanted to take fewer than an infinite number of pictures, and that this particular official doesn't like Obama.

You have misread it. Although I will say, it is very badly worded... but it says "he's asked to go out and take a few more pictures"... it means "He has been asked to....." not that he has asked to.

I'll give you the wording is gibberish but I think that's what it means.

Having said that, scuttlebutt is that many troops (particularly Officers) desperately try to avoid any Obama visits... because they think he dislikes them.

On the other hand, and being balanced about it... the guy does have a book to sell and controversy sells books.

I remain on the fence on this one. I hope I don't get splinters in my ass.

Well, I'm not on the fence. Not after his partners in crime claimed that returning troops are to be considered lone wolf terrorists. Or whatever the exact wording was.

Well, I'm not on the fence. Not after his partners in crime claimed that returning troops are to be considered lone wolf terrorists. Or whatever the exact wording was.

Good point. I was - and am - still pissed about that... as I am that he remained silent on the stage when his cohort called conservatives 'the enemy' of minorities. These things do not sit well with me... hence I no longer recognize him as 'my President'.

The only reason I am skeptical is because he's selling his book. He has an agenda to publicize his book.

Lets just say that when he bagged McChrystal because of some leftist rag, and now they are making a big deal about urinating marines, thats not being a good commander.

It wasn't that long ago that the NYT took out a full page ad funded by moveon.org calling him General BEtrayus.. and Hilary called him a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's the problem with these fictional piles of crap.

The authors often forget that its not likely that both sides of a story are true.

Fact is, President Obama loves and is loved by the people he talks to. I've seen a lot of evidence of that but no evidence of the contrary. OP or other Obama haters - Feel free to post real evidence of the president being "cranky" or of troops not wanting to see him.

Or, tell more lies. Gawd knows, there are a lot of people who believe the lies.

While you're at it, why don't you show how the First Lady and Second Lady are not working to better the plight of our veterans.

Hint: you'll have a lot easier time finding Repubs who are screwing over our vets while fighting against the good work of the First and Second Ladies.

Good point. I was - and am - still pissed about that... as I am that he remained silent on the stage when his cohort called conservatives 'the enemy' of minorities. These things do not sit well with me... hence I no longer recognize him as 'my President'.

The only reason I am skeptical is because he's selling his book. He has an agenda to publicize his book.

Conservatives are the enemies of minorities.

Conservatives are the enemies of minorities.

Define minority.

It's not Obama that is reflected here.

It's his craven attitude that dims the sun when he is around heros of the realm.

371 more days till we're FREE AT LAST!!!!!!

:woohoo:

It's not Obama that is reflected here.

It's his craven attitude that dims the sun when he is around heros of the realm.

371 more days till we're FREE AT LAST!!!!!!

:woohoo:

We can hope. I don't really think the republicans like their choices. Some I know, are making noises about not even voting this year. TN has open primaries and I got used to that. It kind of sucks here because we have closed primaries, so being registered as a dem, I can't vote in the republican primary.

You can change your registration.

I was thinking of changing mine to vote in R primaries. I would vote for Ron Paul then Obama in the general. It's like the Limbaugh Chaos theories back in 2008.

Think it might work?

Do whatever you want. It is a free country. At least until the Libs tell us which lightbulb to use, whether we can use paper or plastic at the grocery store and what kind of crap Volt to drive.

But, as for the picture thing, who knows? Those kinds of things can get blown out of proportion. Some British guard felt "dissed" and quit because Kate didn't say Hello to him or something.

Forum List

Back