Ob/Gyns start refusing to treat overweight women.

I'm very happy for your Mom :)
But what I was really getting at was the fact the dude said THERE IS NO EXCUSE for being fat.
That's his opinion, and I had to state mine. I happen to think the poster just doesn't like fat folks, but....I could be fucking wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most morbidly obese people choose to live that way. Here's an example of one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkvdEoM4Uqs]YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers[/ame]

When it gets to that point, it's become an addiction and just as hard to kick as alcoholism or drug abuse. But I'm sure you knew that.

So here's Boedick's delightful comment to me on the above, along with her neg rep, for the rest of the members to see the kind of person she is:

"you're the expert on being an alky, you sad hag"

It's always amusing when a presumably grown adult, especially one who likes to brag about her intellect, makes character judgments about an anonymous poster. In this case assuming I'm an alcoholic and assuming I'm a hag.

What a sad, pathetic creature you are, and a disgrace to women with class everywhere.

The question I always have is how do these people afford their grocery bill??

It must be at least a couple of hundred dollars per day.

And you know that they don't / can't work.

True. Women have an excuse for packing on weight. It's called hormones.

What's the excuse for being an asshole?

So it's natural for a woman to be fat? My mother is in her 60s and she has never been fat and she gave birth to four children. My ex-wife isn't fat.

What's your excuse?

Although overeating is the primary cause of the current epidemic of obesity, there are a number of genetic and/or disease related illnesses that can contribute to it. Use your Google finger for a change before making blanket assertions.

Most morbidly obese people choose to live that way. Here's an example of one:

YouTube - I Eat 33,000 Calories a day - Lisa Sellers

When it gets to that point, it's become an addiction and just as hard to kick as alcoholism or drug abuse. But I'm sure you knew that.

You're projecting again, you sad hag.

Now, go eat another 12 pack of twinkies.

I hate that store-bought crap. Maybe you should consider buying your beer by the quart instead of 12-packs. I've heard it's cheaper and quicker, and we all know how much you love weighing the economic feasibility of everything.
p041.gif

Now that's a good question. Since some morbidly obese people are home-bound, often bed-bound, their family or friends must be enablers. Even food stamps wouldn't cover all that junk food, if that's the cause.

Actually thats not necessarily true, the cheapest foods are actually the worst for you and has the most calories, the better quality food is the most expensive kind, you don't have to spend alot of money to eat alot of bad foods and be obese.

Actually thats not necessarily true, the cheapest foods are actually the worst for you and has the most calories, the better quality food is the most expensive kind, you don't have to spend alot of money to eat alot of bad foods and be obese.

We are talking several thousand dollars per month for food.

Most likely the tax payer is picking up the tab.

The same for their house, utilities, medical care, etc. :evil:

Although overeating is the primary cause of the current epidemic of obesity, there are a number of genetic and/or disease related illnesses that can contribute to it. Use your Google finger for a change before making blanket assertions.

You mean like the blanket assertion you just made?

I stated earlier that there can be legitimate medical reasons for people being overweight, but the vast majority of the time it's due to poor lifestyle choices.

Why don't you read through the thread before you start flapping your mouth.

Stop it. Women have quite a variety of natural body types ranging from rail thin to padded/voluptuous.

There is a difference between having a healthy distribution of body fat and being morbidly obese (ala the 33,000 Calories A Day type).

It's sick that our culture today glorifies a near anorexic body type which is unhealthy and unachievable for the vast majority of women. A certain amount of body fat is necessary for menses. Near starvation which results in amenorrhoea can lead to a host of serious health problems.

I'm not sure where you people are getting this idea that anybody said women had to be anorexic. We're talking about people who are considerably overweight, not people who may have some love handles. That is the topic of discussion.

No, it's being called a lazy arse who eats too much....

I mean, you can use the 'hormone' excuse if it makes you feel better...

Dunno about the excuse for being an arsehole, because I ain't one...:cool:

Not true...watch Jamie Oliver...he makes meals cheaply with good food....

I think you are getting mixed up between fast food and cheap food. Fast food can be cheap and nasty. Cheap food doesn't have to be....

I doubt that. There are limits to the amounts of food stamp allocations, regardless how "disabled" a person is. The state might be picking up some of her costs, however.

You mean like the blanket assertion you just made?

I stated earlier that there can be legitimate medical reasons for people being overweight, but the vast majority of the time it's due to poor lifestyle choices.

Why don't you read through the thread before you start flapping your mouth.

Sure, you back-pedaled after you made THIS ignorant statement:

So it's natural for a woman to be fat? My mother is in her 60s and she has never been fat and she gave birth to four children. My ex-wife isn't fat.

What's your excuse?

The implication was clear. ^

I doubt that. There are limits to the amounts of food stamp allocations, regardless how "disabled" a person is. The state might be picking up some of her costs, however.

Several thousands of dollars on food is crazy but you don't have to spend that much money to be obese, like Maggie said there are limits to food stamps plus things like Oreos, Potato chips etc are not that expensive, you don't have to splurge to be fat.

Not true...watch Jamie Oliver...he makes meals cheaply with good food....

I think you are getting mixed up between fast food and cheap food. Fast food can be cheap and nasty. Cheap food doesn't have to be....

Jamie Oliver's mission is to get his menus into schools. It's at young ages when people learn to eat and enjoy what they eat out of habit. If they're brought up with fattening foods, that's what they'll prefer into adulthood. If they're indoctrinated young to eat healthy, that too will carry into adulthood. It's also Michelle Obama's goal.

My brother is a perfect example of eating habits learned as a child. He's a baby boomer, and to this day prefers margarine over real butter because that's all we could afford after the war and my dad couldn't find work. He also likes Velveeta as his "main cheese" on everything. Yet this guy has been all around the world and currently earns 7 figures so he's sure not hurting for money at the ripe old age of 55.

No, it's being called a lazy arse who eats too much....

I mean, you can use the 'hormone' excuse if it makes you feel better...

Dunno about the excuse for being an arsehole, because I ain't one...:cool:

Sure you aren't.:lol: According to you fat people don't know what makes them fat...so I guess assholes don't know what makes them assholes, either.

Forum List

Back