Oakland PD: Aggressive new policy clears street blocker protests; Liberals whine

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
New Oakland Police Policy Draws Protests Officer.com

Wow. Though police commanders like this no longer existed outside of Texas and the Southeast. Wonderful news in Oakland. The PD has a new policy. Protesters blocking streets will be immediately and aggressively cleared from the street. Period.

Take it to the sidewalk. Period. Now. And apparently Oakland PD isnt playing around.

Liberals are bitching about it of course. Quoting "They cant just push us out of the roadway".

Umm....sorry...but they arent your limp wristed parents. They can and will remove you from the public road that we all use to get to and from OUR JOBS.

Bravo Oakland Police Department. Its WAY past time that these hooliganz are treated as such. Wanna protest? Go for it. Loud and proud........on the sidewalk. The rest of us have jobs and lives to get to.

As an Oakland resident, I'm happy to see this development, but it doesn't go far enough.

Protestors should not be allowed to block streets unless they have a permit and the event is announced with enough notice so that people can avoid being blocked when traveling across the city. I'd also like to see a curfew so that protests are only allowed during daylight. The violence ALWAYS happens at night when thugs and anarchists use crowds as cover.

Libs think freedom of assembly means you can block people from going about their business. I've been a long time advocate of using water canons to clear the streets. Let them gasp "I can't breathe" for real.

This liberal thinks preventing protesters from blocking the roadway is a reasonable thing for law enforcement to do.

The OP can't help himself, though. He started this thread so he could make it a lib/con issue. It isn't. It's a public safety issue. Ya huge asshole.

Let's see if we can help the little dummy find some people to oppose this policy, shall we? What is reasonable "aggression" in this case? What level of offense should law enforcement officers employ in keeping the roadway clear of protesters?

Want to take a stab at it?

This liberal thinks preventing protesters from blocking the roadway is a reasonable thing for law enforcement to do.

The OP can't help himself, though. He started this thread so he could make it a lib/con issue. It isn't. It's a public safety issue. Ya huge asshole.

Let's see if we can help the little dummy find some people to oppose this policy, shall we? What is reasonable "aggression" in this case? What level of offense should law enforcement officers employ in keeping the roadway clear of protesters?

You're right BUT -

The OP is correct that its always liberals who fight for Constitutional rights.

If left to the RWs, we will be living in a police state.

If it is an issue of safety, then you should be all in with your support.

Can you read. I support the idea. Do you need some help?

You're right BUT -

The OP is correct that its always liberals who fight for Constitutional rights.

If left to the RWs, we will be living in a police state.

You dont have a constitutional right to block public highways. Fail.

I think you're confused. They wont be using hugs and tofu buffets to clear the streets. It'll be alpha male type men in scary black uniforms. Maybe even using force.

Ha.....Yer kidding, right?

I think you're confused. They wont be using hugs and tofu buffets to clear the streets. It'll be alpha male type men in scary black uniforms. Maybe even using force.

Is that right? How much force would that be, chief? Got any thoughts?

I'd agree with all means non lethal. Including those that inflict pain...

I'd agree with all means non lethal. Including those that inflict pain...

Oh? That's awesome intellect. Why stop at non-lethal? What's your problem with using lethal force to move protesters off of the road?

Give 'em all a ticket for jaywalking and if they don't pay the fine, let it build from there. The city can make some money off them deadbeat thugs.

Forum List

Back