Oak Island - New Season

I imagine they are making enough money off the series to keep them going...anyhow it is an intriguing mystery.

Why would someone go to all the trouble of designing something like that if there was no hidden treasure. I doubt it will ever be found....probably washed out to sea due to all the drilling operations.

I think there very well could be a link to the Knights Templar group based on some of the artifacts they have found. They need more guys with metal detectors....digging holes is not getting them anywhere.
Why would anyone go through all the trouble to dig up an island to find s couple of buttons?
Digging holes for a couple of rose bushes in my front yard, at about 20 inches I came to charred wood and broken glass. My mother told me that there had been a store on the property in the early 1800's that burned. I have often wondered if I kept digging around if I would find colonial coins, other cool stuff. I never have dug up my front yard, though.
you ever just get a metal detector out and look around? it should be able to go around that deep. wow - i just looked and to go to that depth you need a pro version and they run $2500. maybe see if someone rents them. but the consumer ones i know i could afford simply won't go that deep. more like 6" give or take.
I've thought about renting one--not real seriously though. My yard might not be much, but it would be a damned sight worse if it were full of holes. And I can't really tell where the foundations were. My mom said during a really dry summer, you would see where the outline of the old building was, but I could never make it out. Further forward than our house, is all I know. It might explain the enormous boulder that is built into the front corner of our cellar, though. I have no idea why you would choose to put your house in a place where you would have to make extra work for yourself in one corner. There was plenty of room to move it back twenty feet or whatever. Strange. My guess is it had something to do with the original building, but I have no idea what.
sounds a lot more interesting than my house. 20 years ago i had it built in an up and coming neighborhood and i'm pretty sure i'm just on top of old trees and so forth. if renting the detector wasn't too bad for a day it could be fun just to scan things over and see if anything even sets it off. it should also be able to tell you how deep it is to see if you want to mess with digging it up.
Maybe it's on an old Indian burial ground. Don't put in a pool.

I imagine they are making enough money off the series to keep them going...anyhow it is an intriguing mystery.

Why would someone go to all the trouble of designing something like that if there was no hidden treasure. I doubt it will ever be found....probably washed out to sea due to all the drilling operations.

I think there very well could be a link to the Knights Templar group based on some of the artifacts they have found. They need more guys with metal detectors....digging holes is not getting them anywhere.
Why would anyone go through all the trouble to dig up an island to find s couple of buttons?
Digging holes for a couple of rose bushes in my front yard, at about 20 inches I came to charred wood and broken glass. My mother told me that there had been a store on the property in the early 1800's that burned. I have often wondered if I kept digging around if I would find colonial coins, other cool stuff. I never have dug up my front yard, though.
you ever just get a metal detector out and look around? it should be able to go around that deep. wow - i just looked and to go to that depth you need a pro version and they run $2500. maybe see if someone rents them. but the consumer ones i know i could afford simply won't go that deep. more like 6" give or take.
I've thought about renting one--not real seriously though. My yard might not be much, but it would be a damned sight worse if it were full of holes. And I can't really tell where the foundations were. My mom said during a really dry summer, you would see where the outline of the old building was, but I could never make it out. Further forward than our house, is all I know. It might explain the enormous boulder that is built into the front corner of our cellar, though. I have no idea why you would choose to put your house in a place where you would have to make extra work for yourself in one corner. There was plenty of room to move it back twenty feet or whatever. Strange. My guess is it had something to do with the original building, but I have no idea what.

I know in my yard I dug up all sorts of stuff.

I found water coming from an apparent spring that, oddly enough, comes from a metal pipe and a deposit of natural gas to boot.

Unfortunately, when I hit that pipe there was an explosion, but I survived and plan to drill up more of that natural gas in the future.

I'll be rich!

sounds a lot more interesting than my house. 20 years ago i had it built in an up and coming neighborhood and i'm pretty sure i'm just on top of old trees and so forth. if renting the detector wasn't too bad for a day it could be fun just to scan things over and see if anything even sets it off. it should also be able to tell you how deep it is to see if you want to mess with digging it up.
you laugh but i've had to wonder at times. i would have a computer i built work fine for a year and then just start freaking out. i'd get tired of trying to fix it and give it to a friend who took it home and it would be flawless for years w/o doing a thing. happened more than once on different electronics.

we've joked about my house being on an indian burial ground and because of that i won't watch poltergeist at home. :)

you laugh but i've had to wonder at times. i would have a computer i built work fine for a year and then just start freaking out. i'd get tired of trying to fix it and give it to a friend who took it home and it would be flawless for years w/o doing a thing. happened more than once on different electronics.

we've joked about my house being on an indian burial ground and because of that i won't watch poltergeist at home. :)
When I was a teenager, I couldn't wear a watch. It would run backwards. If I gave it to a friend, it was fine.
I guess I was possessed.

When I was a teenager, I couldn't wear a watch. It would run backwards. If I gave it to a friend, it was fine.
I guess I was possessed.
It was strange, but I'm totally serious.

The Oak Island brothers could rent a hundred high tech metal detectors (with operators) for the price of the equipment it takes to drill a single bore hole and so far they have drilled several hundred bore holes.

The Oak Island brothers could rent a hundred high tech metal detectors (with operators) for the price of the equipment it takes to drill a single bore hole and so far they have drilled several hundred bore holes.

They had a lot of money to play with I do not think they had a good plan.

All the drilling without knowing where the supposed money pit was seems kinda not to bright.

Last edited:
Apparently the brothers had some experience in the oil business which apparently relies on high tech drilling so that's what they did. I admire diver John Chatterton who discovered a German Sub off N.J. but he was crazy to dive into a freaking steel tube for these guys.

I know in my yard I dug up all sorts of stuff.

I found water coming from an apparent spring that, oddly enough, comes from a metal pipe and a deposit of natural gas to boot.

Unfortunately, when I hit that pipe there was an explosion, but I survived and plan to drill up more of that natural gas in the future.

I'll be rich!

I remember one time when I was a kid we were out playing basketball in front of the house where my father had place a backboard with a goal on a tree. It was a big lot in front of the house and behind the tree was a little mound which we never paid much attention to. That day though one day a kid said that is a Indian burial mound....well we went and got a shovel and began to dig. We had only got a couple of feet down and we found a ring all encrusted...one of my brothers took it to show my mother and she said do not dig any more.....that is a grave.

A few days later we were out playing basketball again and a neighbor driving by saw we had been digging...he stopped came over and told us we should not be digging around there....that it was an old graveyard. It kinda spooked us....glad we didn't dig down to far.

Here is what you do. You build a damn all around the island, preventing water from getting in the tunnels and then dig, dig, dig!

Why didn't they run out of money? Diver John Chatterton who went down the shaft in blind muddy water in an extremely technical dive is the most interesting character in the series. Chatterton and an amateur diving club discovered and dived on a WW2 German submarine that nobody knew about off the coast of New Jersey. The book is called "Shadow Divers" and is well worth the read.
That sub if it was the U 72 floated up from the coast of Fla, got pix of it back in 72 ...

Hello Whitehall. Have you noticed Gary, the 'TPF' guy, is always accompanied by a family member when doing his detecting thing?

Trust no one!

Signed, An Aspiring Misanthrope

Why didn't they run out of money? Diver John Chatterton who went down the shaft in blind muddy water in an extremely technical dive is the most interesting character in the series. Chatterton and an amateur diving club discovered and dived on a WW2 German submarine that nobody knew about off the coast of New Jersey. The book is called "Shadow Divers" and is well worth the read.
That sub if it was the U 72 floated up from the coast of Fla, got pix of it back in 72 ...
Read the book Shadow Divers (2004) by Robert Kurson.

If you dug up any other Island in the Northern Atlantic would you find the same crap?

If you dug up any other Island in the Northern Atlantic would you find the same crap?
Some, and some of their "finds" they are taking off and telling wild tales about, that's for sure.
I still think the "Swamp" is interesting. It was definitely man made. Perhaps for harboring a ship; before the sea was kept out to allow a road in front of it, I'm sure it had a lot more water in it, especially at high tide.
Could be nothing in it, just a place to work on a ship, but it sure would be interesting if they could figure out WHOSE ship, wouldn't it?

Some, and some of their "finds" they are taking off and telling wild tales about, that's for sure.
I still think the "Swamp" is interesting. It was definitely man made. Perhaps for harboring a ship; before the sea was kept out to allow a road in front of it, I'm sure it had a lot more water in it, especially at high tide.
Could be nothing in it, just a place to work on a ship, but it sure would be interesting if they could figure out WHOSE ship, wouldn't it?
Makes sense

No need to Harbor on Oak Island. Mahone Bay is a short distance away. But as a dry dock to ground a ship, it makes sense.

Forum List

Back