O say can you see, the U. S. Oligarchy?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The U. S. is on sale. Buy it while it’s hot.

O say can you see,
by the dawn's early light,
what so proudly we hailed
we now proudly renounce.
democracy

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-14SllPPLxY]George Carlin on the American Dream - YouTube[/ame]

Plato theorized that democracies, as they matured, evolved into oligarchies or plutocracies. We are witnessing exactly that.

When the new political election funding laws came into effect, the U. S. democratic system became an oligarchy or plutocracy. Billionaires are now buying political candidates and are in fact buying the leadership of the nation. They are now the power behind the throne and control the government and thus the people. Now, instead of working 9 to 5, Americans are working 24/7.

When did the U. S. devolve from the leading democracy of the West, to a tyranny up for sale?

Regards
DL

Everyone knows already, what do you want to do about it?

If everyone knew, then with luck, we would not be bought and sold to the highest bidder.

What should the U.S. do?

Become more French.

Regards
DL

If everyone knew, then with luck, we would not be bought and sold to the highest bidder.

What should the U.S. do?

Become more French.

Regards
DL

You could do like most politicians and collaborate, of course the French harshly punished collaborators but we could never be like them.

We need to intercede so that our ballot does not become a formality.
Wealth stands between citizens and their representatives in the form of campaign contributions elected officials need to win office.
Therefore, wealth and the undue influence it wields, should be eliminated from the equation.

There must be NO challenge to the authority of THE PEOPLE that we are the soverigns here, not rich people who choose whom we can elect.

Plato theorized that democracies, as they matured, evolved into oligarchies or plutocracies.

Good thing we're a Republic and not a Democracy...or at least we're supposed to be. You can't end up with an Oligarchy when government is restricted to just a few enumerated powers. But I'm sure the central planners know what's best, so constitution schmonstituction...

O say can you see,
we now proudly renounce.
democracy

TED Blog | The real difference between liberals and conservatives: Jonathan Haidt on TED.com

Plato theorized that democracies, as they matured, evolved into oligarchies or plutocracies. We are witnessing exactly that.

When the new political election funding laws came into effect, the U. S. democratic system became an oligarchy or plutocracy. Billionaires are now buying political candidates and are in fact buying the leadership of the nation. They are now the power behind the throne and control the government and thus the people. Now, instead of working 9 to 5, Americans are working 24/7.

When did the U. S. devolve from the leading democracy of the West, to a tyranny up for sale?

Regards
DL

No they're not. Americans are just easily led sheep. It doesn't matter to me how much money some billionaire throws at a candidate, I'm going to do my own research and vote for the better man regardless of party affiliation. If americans are voting for who gets more airtime on TV, then that's a problem with americans being idiots, not billionaires throwing money around.

What should the U.S. do?

Become more French.

Regards
DL

You could do like most politicians and collaborate, of course the French harshly punished collaborators but we could never be like them.

A shame then.
That may be why the French politicians fear the people and why U. S. citizens fear their politicians.

Regards
DL

Plato theorized that democracies, as they matured, evolved into oligarchies or plutocracies.

Good thing we're a Republic and not a Democracy...or at least we're supposed to be. You can't end up with an Oligarchy when government is restricted to just a few enumerated powers. But I'm sure the central planners know what's best, so constitution schmonstituction...

LOL.
Yes. Our masters know what is best----for themselves.

Regards
DL

O say can you see,
we now proudly renounce.
democracy

Regards
DL

No they're not. Americans are just easily led sheep. It doesn't matter to me how much money some billionaire throws at a candidate, I'm going to do my own research and vote for the better man regardless of party affiliation. If americans are voting for who gets more airtime on TV, then that's a problem with americans being idiots, not billionaires throwing money around.

Some are informed voters, yes.

Way too few.

Regards
DL

O say can you see,
we now proudly renounce.
democracy

Regards
DL

Getting the money out of politics through public financing would be a whole lot easier to acheive than raising people's "idiot level". Saying "if everybody does this" or "doesn't do that" aren't solutions.

Forum List

Back