O....M....G....Just occurred to me. Does Trump actually believe his own "cons"?

R

rdean

Does Trump really believe Obama was born in Kenya?

Does Trump really believe Ted Cruz father killed JFK?

Does Trump really believe Trump University was a "school"?

Nuclear weapons should be spread around?

We could actually build a wall and get Mexico to pay?

The more I think about, the more I wonder. I just assumed they were all political conspiracies designed to inflame an ignorant and uneducated base. But I'm not so sure now. What do you think? Do you feel Trump actually believes his own moronic conspiracies? Is he that stupid?

I've always thought Trump was just an opinionated nutty uncle who suddenly had a HUUGE number of people listening to him. He says what people are thinking because he's just a guy who spouts off without giving it a lot of thought or research, like most of us. Some people think he is intentionally evil. I think he's still a nutty uncle who's suddenly gotten a really swolled head. As long as the people approve of his nuttiness, he'll keep spouting it.

He was born in Kenya but changed his birthplace to Hawaii two months into his presidential campaign.

So was he lying about his birthplace then, or is he lying about it now? You can't be born in two places.

It's irrelevant anyways because your parents must be US citizens in order to be eligible for the presidency. Obama usurped the presidency.

When I was listening to Trump's acceptance speech, all I could think of was the game we used to play as kids, "If I Were King of the World." Bubblegum would be free. Homework would be banned. Like that. He was giving us a list of our wishes, but really---he will end crime and violence in our country? He will stop terrorism?
And bubblegum will be free.

He was born in Kenya but changed his birthplace to Hawaii two months into his presidential campaign.

It's irrelevant anyways because your parents must be US citizens in order to be eligible for the presidency. Obama usurped the presidency.
200.gif

Btw building a wall and getting Mexico to pay would be easy but I don't think hr has the wisdom to do it

When I was listening to Trump's acceptance speech, all I could think of was the game we used to play as kids, "If I Were King of the World." Bubblegum would be free. Homework would be banned. Like that. He was giving us a list of our wishes, but really---he will end crime and violence in our country? He will stop terrorism?
That's not what he said in his speech.

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored...
My plan will begin with safety at home – which means safe neighborhoods, secure borders, and protection from terrorism.
I only want to admit individuals into our country who will support our values and love our people.
By ending catch-and-release on the border, we will stop the cycle of human smuggling and violence. Illegal border crossings will go down. Peace will be restored....

Sounds like a lot of people's wishes to me.
Read more: Full text: Donald Trump 2016 RNC draft speech transcript

I have a message for all of you: the crime and violence that today afflicts our nation will soon come to an end. Beginning on January 20th 2017, safety will be restored...
My plan will begin with safety at home – which means safe neighborhoods, secure borders, and protection from terrorism.
I only want to admit individuals into our country who will support our values and love our people.
By ending catch-and-release on the border, we will stop the cycle of human smuggling and violence. Illegal border crossings will go down. Peace will be restored....

In other words, he didn't say what you claimed he said.

Okey dokey. We need to be VERY literal with you, huh? Word for word. Otherwise, it can't possibly mean the same thing. Are you autistic?

Okey dokey. We need to be VERY literal with you, huh? Word for word. Otherwise, it can't possibly mean the same thing. Are you autistic?
No. You're just disingenuous.

Btw building a wall and getting Mexico to pay would be easy but I don't think hr has the wisdom to do it
Yeah, because Trump has never got building projects done before.

/sarcasm

Oh I have no doubt he could get the wall built if he wants to. I'm not sure he does but my point was getting Mexico to pay for it. He can't do it. Which is sad cause it's not difficult

The more I think about, the more I wonder. I just assumed they were all political conspiracies designed to inflame an ignorant and uneducated base. But I'm not so sure now. What do you think? Do you feel Trump actually believes his own moronic conspiracies? Is he that stupid?

I think he does.

And he possibly could be President.

What a sad reflection of our country.

Yes and no. Rump does fuel himself on self-delusion, as any hapless narcissist must. I'm sure he superficially swallows his own bullshit about being "very smart", having the "best words", being humble on a level other people are too stupid to understand, never having bankrupted or failed at anything, even believing that failures like Trump Steaks still actually exist. Of course with all that there's that deep seed of doubt that requires him to continuously make those bullshit points to try to convince himself. As well as to shout down anyone who challenges that illusion (Megyn Kelly... Serge Kovaleski... Rosie O'Donnell.... Cruz/Rubio/Bush/Fiorina/etc.... the owners of the Chicago Cubs... it's a full time job)

But that's all personal stuff. The fantasy rhetoric about the Birferism, the Cruz assassin, committing war crimes, building a "wall", "thousands and thousands" on a rooftop in Jersey City, shredding the First Amendment (not to mention the Fourth, Fifth and Eighth), setting up religion tests, not knowing who David Duke is, etc etc ad nauseum, I don't think he believes a single thing in there.

Rump is a bullshit salesman, and from the results a damn good one. He understands that "the best words" are those with emotional punch, and considers the veracity behind them to be irrelevant. That's why he can contradict his own statement within hours. It's his philosophy of Big Orange Doublethink. It's exactly how he "sold" the idea of customers signing up for
"Rump University" --- he sells the illusion, not the reality.

It's what he's always done and is still doing now. He's so good at it he can continue the same pattern for decades and the gullible don't even see it.

To me, of any candidate running for office today, Trump has the most sincere cheekbones

Forum List

Back