O kowtows to his own 1%

clevergirl

Gold Member
Oct 22, 2009
Who does Barack Obama listen to?

Not Republican politicians. Evidently weeks go by between his conversations with House Speaker John Boehner, who determines what legislation comes to the House floor.

Not Democratic politicians. We have it on good authority that he seldom talks to Democratic members of Congress. Lyndon Johnson used to be on the phone constantly, cajoling and inveigling but also on the alert for shifts in opinion.

Speaker Tip O'Neill walked around the Capitol, asking member after member, "What do you hear?" In contrast, Obama, a former adviser told Vanity Fair's Todd Purdum, "is a total introvert. He doesn't need people."

But there is one group of people Obama has to listen to: the people who give him large sums of money. He recently attended his 150th fundraiser. That's more than the number attended by the last four presidents put together.

Obama has seen enough Architectural Digest-type interiors in Park Avenue triplexes and Beverly Hills mansions, and on the block in San Francisco's Pacific Heights, where every house is owned by a billionaire, to develop an expertise in Louis XV walnut commodes and Brunschwig & Fils fabrics.

Obama listens to rich liberals at his peril | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

rich liberals, noooo way. Democrats never talk about them. I think rich is a code word for republicans.

So Obama listens to the pro-business types? While being anti-business?

Man..you guys got some interesting talking points.

:lol:

Wait so you're saying listening to the 1% amounts to listening to buisnessmen and that is good? Did I read that correctly?

LOL is right! I hardly call the Hollywood types business types- but I digress- the hypocrisy of his hanging with the 1% and claiming the private sector is doing fine is more out of touch then the young adult out on his own for the first time. But 150 fundraisers- wow the stamina of all that hob-nobbing is impressive.

Wait so you're saying listening to the 1% amounts to listening to buisnessmen and that is good? Did I read that correctly?

Good or bad has no bearing on the meme that Obama is anti-business.

Look you just walked into that. you just said that listening to the 1% is good. I got it in black and white.

LOL is right! I hardly call the Hollywood types business types- but I digress- the hypocrisy of his hanging with the 1% and claiming the private sector is doing fine is more out of touch then the young adult out on his own for the first time. But 150 fundraisers- wow the stamina of all that hob-nobbing is impressive.

Warren Buffet is a hollywood type?

Really? What film did he act in or direct?

And are you saying hollywood isn't a business?

Good or bad has no bearing on the meme that Obama is anti-business.

Look you just walked into that. you just said that listening to the 1% is good. I got it in black and white.

I didn't "walk" into anything.

You've tried to extrapolate your binary thinking.

no it's more like hexadecimal, we can get into terminology ALL day long.

Again you stated he was talking to the 1% and were proud like it was a good thing. Then I asked you to confirm and you did not deny. Game set match!

Answer the points in the post rather than throwing a rock.
Obama is a narcissist with obsessive ambition. And as with any ambitious narcissist - they do not see or appreciate the importance of connecting with other people. Nor do they want to to the actual work of a position - they just want to hold the position.
Obama is stuck in the "Presidential bubble". He goes through the motions of a President far more than BEING a President. He doesn't lead, he doesn't consult, he travels and collects money.

no it's more like hexadecimal, we can get into terminology ALL day long.

Again you stated he was talking to the 1% and were proud like it was a good thing. Then I asked you to confirm and you did not deny. Game set match!

Oh..declaring victory.

I like it, Black Knight.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno]Monty Python And The Holy Grail- The Black Knight - YouTube[/ame]

Obama is a narcissist with obsessive ambition. And as with any ambitious narcissist - they do not see or appreciate the importance of connecting with other people. Nor do they want to to the actual work of a position - they just want to hold the position.
Obama is stuck in the "Presidential bubble". He goes through the motions of a President far more than BEING a President. He doesn't lead, he doesn't consult, he travels and collects money.

Oh hyperbolic bullshit. Well except the collecting money part.

And "Citizen's United" guaranteed that part and parcel of the job is raising funds.

Yeah, you pretty much owned yourself. Trying to back out of this just makes you look worse.

Um..no.

I didn't introduce anything about being "bad" or "good".

That would be the response to the post.

So I ain't walking anything back.

And I look forward to your response to this post being some sort of insult..

Oh hyperbolic bullshit. Well except the collecting money part.

And "Citizen's United" guaranteed that part and parcel of the job is raising funds.

Ok Sallow...I could just as easily say you post is hyperbolic.
Let's go quickly thru some points in his past...

1) He wrote an autobiography at age 29 before he had accomplished anything at all...who does that?
2) Despite everyone around him telling him both the timing and the chance of winning a congressional run against a VERY popular opponent - he lost in a landslide and placed his family in precarious debt. He opened a campaign office and hired a couple staff members without telling anyone - including his wife (reportedly). - again I ask - who does this?
3) He spent several years trying to fufilll a dream of organizing area churches in South Chicago to form a powerful political force - with him at the top - he is not religious, and had no connections with area churches at the time - again - who does this? And what kind of person thinks they could accomplish this?
4) As a lecturer at UC he did not attend faculty events, according to his peers never asked for advice, rarely met with other staff members. Interviews with staff members - all said basically the same thing. - students love him, but I don't really know him. - who does this? Who works for 12 years and never connects with his peers?

5) He flat out abandoned and ignores all of the folks in Chicago that he spent years with. His personal physician, his mentors, pastors, lawyers etc. etc. etc. - who does that?

Papa Obama has always been good at this kind of thing

Obama_Drinking_Bird2.gif

Yeah, you pretty much owned yourself. Trying to back out of this just makes you look worse.

Um..no.

I didn't introduce anything about being "bad" or "good".

That would be the response to the post.

So I ain't walking anything back.

And I look forward to your response to this post being some sort of insult..

Yes, you were hoist by your own petard~

Forum List

Back