O Fuck

I sprayed the windows with a glass frosting spray paint, inside the house. I did not wear a mask and now I am feeling shitty.

Will this get better on its own?

O man, do NOT do this......wear a mask, and mebbe open the doors before you spray.

Am I in trouble here or will this pass?
Two things you must do: First, get fresh air, and secondly, ventilate your home so that you do not have a potentially explosive condition (phone rings can ignite fumes, for example).

The only thing a mask would do would prevent you from inhaling the suspended paint. It would do nothing to protect you from inhaling the solvent fumes.

If all you have is a bit of a headache, fresh air will take care of it. If you have nausea and loss of coordination, you probably should seek emergency care. With one can and the use you described, you likely have not inhaled enough of a dose of the solvents and propellants to cause any permanent damage, though.

Once you have determined if you need more intervention than fresh air and have ventilated your home, take a shower and use lots of soap to remove any residue. Son't use any dishes that have been left out before washing them, either. And toss out anything that you intended to ingest that was out on the counter or table during your use.

That should cover it.

Well Si ya i second your post... my same answers.

and Madeline, did you not read the can? The part that says use in a WELL ventilated area?

Hope you feel better soon.

Thankies, syrenn. No, I did not read the ten paragraphs of size 1 font on the back of the can. I have used this paint before indoors and no biggie.....either I bought a different brand and didn't realize it, or they altered the formula.

Si, the mask will not protect me?

Holy shit...I was gonna run out and buy one tomorrow so I could finish the paint job. (I am frosting the downstairs windows so I can get by with just lace curtains and dun need heavy drapes.)

God damn, I am so glad I noticed your advice, woman. I'd feel stupid as shit if I did this twice.

I did take a shower, right away. I wanted the steam.

Thankies, everyone.

Last edited:
Had it been me, I would have just belted down a few beers and more and then went on Mr. Toads wild ride, but you are probably better off in the long run listening to Ms. Mondo.

God I find sensible women sexy!

Two things you must do: First, get fresh air, and secondly, ventilate your home so that you do not have a potentially explosive condition (phone rings can ignite fumes, for example).

The only thing a mask would do would prevent you from inhaling the suspended paint. It would do nothing to protect you from inhaling the solvent fumes.

If all you have is a bit of a headache, fresh air will take care of it. If you have nausea and loss of coordination, you probably should seek emergency care. With one can and the use you described, you likely have not inhaled enough of a dose of the solvents and propellants to cause any permanent damage, though.

Once you have determined if you need more intervention than fresh air and have ventilated your home, take a shower and use lots of soap to remove any residue. Son't use any dishes that have been left out before washing them, either. And toss out anything that you intended to ingest that was out on the counter or table during your use.

That should cover it.

and Madeline, did you not read the can? The part that says use in a WELL ventilated area?

Thankies, syrenn. No, I did not read the ten paragraphs of size 1 font on the back of the can. I have used this paint before indoors and no biggie.....either I bought a different brand and didn't realize it, or they altered the formula.

Holy shit...I was gonna run out and buy one tomorrow so I could finish the paint job. (I am frosting the downstairs windows so I can get by with just lace curtains and dun need heavy drapes.)

God damn, I am so glad I noticed your advice, woman. I'd feel stupid as shit if I did this twice.

Thankies, everyone.

Masks are filters. The take out the particulate matter to what ever degree your mask is valued for. It will do NOTHING for chemical fumes.

The only kind of mask that will do that is a gas mask.

For future reference...any spray can, use in a WELL ventilated area.

Thankies, everyone.

Masks are filters. The take out the particulate matter to what ever degree your mask is valued for. It will do NOTHING for chemical fumes.

The only kind of mask that will do that is a gas mask.

For future reference...any spray can, use in a WELL ventilated area.

I want to frost the inside of the windows, syrenn. I think I'll look for a different product. I had done this in Florida and used a gel substance that dried cloudy and could be peeled off when no longer wanted; I don't recall that being stinky.

*Death by Home Decor*....Christ, what an ignoble end to a brilliant life that would be, eh?

*Laughs*

Well, I do find paint sniffing floating women sexy too.

Hell, I just love women in general.

Ive seen something like what you want at Home depot. It goes on like contact paper.

Ive seen something like what you want at Home depot. It goes on like contact paper.

When I went to do this, I couldn't find the gel product I had used before locally, syrenn. But surely it is sold on the 'net. I can wait...I had wanted everything done for this coming weekend, because I have company coming.

But I do believe they'd ruther I lived till Friday.

When I went to do this, I couldn't find the gel product I had used before locally, syrenn. But surely it is sold on the 'net. I can wait...I had wanted everything done for this coming weekend, because I have company coming.

its sorta like this stuff. Ive never used it so i cant tell you how good it is or not.

Decorative Window Film, Adhesive Free Privacy Film, Stained Glass Film, Etched Glass and Frosted Glass Film - Wallpaper For Windows!

its sorta like this stuff. Ive never used it so i cant tell you how good it is or not.

Decorative Window Film, Adhesive Free Privacy Film, Stained Glass Film, Etched Glass and Frosted Glass Film - Wallpaper For Windows!

No miss, it is a gel you spread in a goopy form and it dries to a film. I haven't the coordination to be fiddling around with contact paper-like stuff.

Glad you are feeling better.

You did me a solid, Sallow. Soon as I read your post, the light bulb went off; I showered and left out of here.

I feel more or less 100% again, thankies.

I'm happy that it worked.

Please be more careful.

I may seem a little rough around the edges..but I care about people.

You have exquisite manners as best I can tell, Sallow.

But then, my own are atrocious so (almost) everyone else seems polite to me.

Thankies again....I am truely grateful.

True story: back in the 1990's, I arrived home to find the house filled with smoke. The furnace had blown and the fan circulated the smoke for hours before I got off work. (I had no idea this had happened.) I walked in, unsure what was going on and was immediately disoriented. I stayed there, windows closed, no heat, did not call the fire department. Slept all night and was dazed but did not realize it the next day.

Took months of breathing treatments by the MD to clear my lungs...evidentially I had inhaled some poison, we dun know what.

I am apparently rather vulnerable to gases, etc. and you really did help me today.

Last edited:

That should cover it.

Read what I wrote, not what the voices in your head tell you I wrote.

Ah, such drama.

Ah, such drama.

Must you always be such a fucking bitch, Si? I said thankies...just say "you're welcome" like an adult and move on.

Save the attempts at bitchery for the threads were they might could possibly be relevant, and enjoy the gratitude.

Ah, such drama.

Must you always be such a fucking bitch, Si? ....
I tend to get picky about and prickly with misrepresentation of what I say. Now you know. Perhaps you can connect the dots.

Eh, it's you, so you cannot connect the dots.

Once again I will repeat what I told you in a PM a while ago: As long as you misrepresent what I say, I will neg you and call you out on your dishonesty.

No need to thank me for it.

Forum List

Back