O Fuck

Madeline

Rookie
Apr 20, 2010
Cleveland. Feel mah pain.
I sprayed the windows with a glass frosting spray paint, inside the house. I did not wear a mask and now I am feeling shitty.

Will this get better on its own?

O man, do NOT do this......wear a mask, and mebbe open the doors before you spray.

Am I in trouble here or will this pass?

I sprayed the windows with a glass frosting spray paint, inside the house. I did not wear a mask and now I am feeling shitty.

O man, do NOT do this......wear a mask, and mebbe open the doors before you spray.

Two things you must do: First, get fresh air, and secondly, ventilate your home so that you do not have a potentially explosive condition (phone rings can ignite fumes, for example).

The only thing a mask would do would prevent you from inhaling the suspended paint. It would do nothing to protect you from inhaling the solvent fumes.

If all you have is a bit of a headache, fresh air will take care of it. If you have nausea and loss of coordination, you probably should seek emergency care. With one can and the use you described, you likely have not inhaled enough of a dose of the solvents and propellants to cause any permanent damage, though.

Once you have determined if you need more intervention than fresh air and have ventilated your home, take a shower and use lots of soap to remove any residue. Son't use any dishes that have been left out before washing them, either. And toss out anything that you intended to ingest that was out on the counter or table during your use.

That should cover it.

• Banned
Whew.

Okay, I feel better.....house still smells of this stuff, though and being back inside is aggravating me again. It's like 30 degrees outside so I hate to leave the house open for any length of time.

Jesus H. Christ; I think I must be allergic to something in the paint. Not to be all plantiffy about this, but a warning label would have been nice.

How in the hell does Paulie do this all day?

Novelty paint cans manipulated by Al-quaida
there are reports that Al-quaida in yemen have shipped several box's of manipulated window frosting sprays to America disinged to make unsuspecting Americans "feel shitty"
www.booga.X2.com
The only antidote known is to turn off the TV & computer and go for a walk:lol:

If for some reason we don't see you on the board tomorrow, or any day afterwards, it's been a slice of heaven knowing you...

Whew.

Okay, I feel better.....house still smells of this stuff, though and being back inside is aggravating me again. It's like 30 degrees outside so I hate to leave the house open for any length of time.

Jesus H. Christ; I think I must be allergic to something in the paint. Not to be all plantiffy about this, but a warning label would have been nice.

Probably in the extremely fine print that you need a magnifying glass to read. It's most likely the suspension the frost is held in that's creating the issue for you, possibly an acetate which can be deadly in enclosed spaces.
Who cares how cold it is outside, air the house out! The increased electric bill is much better than the alternative.

Whew.

Probably in the extremely fine print that you need a magnifying glass to read. It's most likely the suspension the frost is held in that's creating the issue for you, possibly an acetate which can be deadly in enclosed spaces.
Who cares how cold it is outside, air the house out! The increased electric bill is much better than the alternative.
Ah, but the loss in drama is prohibitive.

Whew.

*Duh!*

OMG, WTF is wrong with me? I am thinking like a drunk....thankies, Ringel.

*Opens house up*

I am NOT painting anything else, not even with a brush.

I want Paulie to tell me, is there any safe paint?

You will pass.

You will pass.

Hahahhaha. Guess what the warning label on Israeli cigarettes says?

"If you smoke, you will die."

I'm thinking even if you don't smoke, you will still die.

Whaca think, Mr. Science? Am I on to something here?

Whew.

Ah, but the loss in drama is prohibitive.

Not that it is any of your bees wax, Si, but my MD's answer to everything is "make an appointment" or "go to the ER". I could call him and say my psychic energy field is down, and he'd still say that.....he's fucking useless over the phone.

The man thinks I'll sue him so he over-treats and over-examines and generally over-charges me.

Us lawyers are lucky MDs dun do colostomy exams on each visit.

Two things you must do: First, get fresh air, and secondly, ventilate your home so that you do not have a potentially explosive condition (phone rings can ignite fumes, for example).

The only thing a mask would do would prevent you from inhaling the suspended paint. It would do nothing to protect you from inhaling the solvent fumes.

If all you have is a bit of a headache, fresh air will take care of it. If you have nausea and loss of coordination, you probably should seek emergency care. With one can and the use you described, you likely have not inhaled enough of a dose of the solvents and propellants to cause any permanent damage, though.

Once you have determined if you need more intervention than fresh air and have ventilated your home, take a shower and use lots of soap to remove any residue. Son't use any dishes that have been left out before washing them, either. And toss out anything that you intended to ingest that was out on the counter or table during your use.

That should cover it.

Well Si i second your post... my same answers.

and Madeline, did you not read the can? The part that says use in a WELL ventilated area?

Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:

Hey Girl,

Just read this. Really hope you are recovered by now....*hugs*..Aqua*

Hey Girl,

Just read this. Really hope you are recovered by now....*hugs*..Aqua*

I am; house is still smelly but I have opened windows. Thankies for asking.

It was kinda sorta like mixing bleach and ammonia, Aqua. Not as immediate, but just as strangling.

WHERE is Paulie?

Forum List

Back